WELCOME
This is a world that is on the brink of change, a world having to come to terms with what mankind has produced from itself. This is a world where the Phoenix force tired of Professor X and Magneto wasting their potential to change the world for good and rewound them in time to give them a second chance. This is a world where mutants are hated and feared, where superhero teams like the Avengers never occurred because who would trust a person with powers strange and incomprehensible?

In short, this is a world where anything is possible, timelines have been rewritten and the entire mutant question is a new and terrifying one. Starting from the beginning, our world is only just realising the extent of the talents that can be born out of the human genome and how it deals with the rise of mutants and superhumans...well, that's up to you.

Welcome to Wake of Humanity, an AU Marvel roleplay opened in May 2011 that accepts both canons and OCs and where any facets of any Marvel comic-verse continuity can be drawn upon when crafting a character. We are an 18+ site with an emphasis on gritty realism, character-driven story development and being a relaxed roleplay community where everyone has bountiful options for joining in the plotting since organic is how we roll.

All new accounts require validation. We appreciate your patience with this. (No, you haven't done anything wrong.)

Quick Login!

RPGfix
RPG-D

UPDATES
WoH News!

February 10th - THINGS ARE AFOOT. STUFF AND THINGS.

LINKS

STAFF
Staff Hours

EST
Effective 1/13
Saturday, Sunday
9am to 9pm
Starjammers whenever I can
Penni

GMT
M-F 7am to 10 am, 4pm to 9pm
Sat 11am to 5pm
Lell

EST
M-F 5pm to 11pm
Sat 1pm to 9pm
Am

CHATBOX

AWARDS
TofM
TofM
TofM
RofM
RofM
RofM
RofM
OCofM
OCofM
CofM
MofM
MofM

CREDITS
Skinned by - LIZA ! { LELIZA } of BLANK PAGES
Graphics made by Penni and Lell.
Plot created by Penni.
X-men, The Brotherhood, Marvel and everything related belongs to Fox, Marvel and Disney. This site is for entertainment purposes only, and makes no profit of any kind.
Original Characters and Posts are owned by their creators.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Wake Of Humanity. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Yet Another BH Captive, Tag: Camo
Origami
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 12:56 AM

Unregistered

OOC: Takes place directly after Brotherly Love?

Dustin picked up Levi, slung his brother over his shoulder, like a sack of potatoes, then leaped off his paper airplane to the ground, dismissing said paper airplane. They had arrived at the Brotherhood Headquarters. Dustin carried Levi through the front door of the building, using his special key to gain entry.

Once inside, Dustin paused to let his eyes adjust to the dimness of the entryway after the blazing afternoon sun. Once his eyes finally adjust, he notices Sabertooth come through the door that connects the entryway to the rest of the building. "Hey Sabertooth."
Camo
Posted: Apr 23 2012, 01:08 PM

Unregistered

Levi certainly had a lot to think about on the "plane" ride over here. Not that he really had much choice to be doing much of anything else. He didn't fight (cause well they were a few thousand feet above the ground and well a fall just wouldn't end well) and he couldn't exactly talk and argue with his brother (the gag was doing its job in keeping him quiet) and so he had nothing to do but think. And think he did...

And what he was founding out (though it wasn't that hard to see) was that he was hurt. Beyond hurt. Why? Why was he doing this? Why did he ambush him? And kidnap him like this? I mean hell this was his own brother here. Didn't that matter to him? Levi mentally snorted. Of course it didn't matter. Why would it matter? He abandoned them a few years earlier....why wouldn't he not care about how he treated him now? There was a part of him saying that he was being totally unreasonable and letting his anger towards the other fly off the handle--but Levi was too tired and pissed off to listen to it. He had kept this emotions bottled up and hidden for so long and now they were exploding...

The plane landed and it was then and only then that Levi began the squirm and writhe, trying to get away from the other. As odd as it may have sounded--he wanted to get away. He wanted out. He wanted to go back home. To the place he knew. He didn't know this place. He didn't know where he was and he didn't like that. But his brother was easily able to pick him up off the ground and sling him over his shoulder. Levi grunted in indignation. He could have walked on his own thank you very much! He was still squirming when he heard his brother say something that made him freeze in his tracks. Sabertooth. He had heard of that guy before. There was a huge thing on the news about him and others killing a preacher near Christmas.

It was then he realized that he was at the brotherhood place and he began to panic. This was bad. This was so bad. What were they going to do to him? Why was his brother even working for them?! They were terrorists. They were the reason why things were hard for mutants. And probably the reason why the registration act was on the table again. Who would want to work for that?! Levi gulped softly as he took a fleeting glance at the big brute. The large man simply stared at the both of them before giving Dustin a curt nod and walking away, muttering something under his breath that Levi couldn't understand. The younger blonde sighed softly as the other walked away...

but he couldn't help but wonder. Now what?
Origami
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 12:24 AM

Unregistered

Dustin knew that Levi was upset and frantic to get away from him, but he had a lot of explaining to do to his younger brother before he let Levi go. So he took the stairs two at a time to the third floor and went into his room. There, he sat Levi carefully on the bed and undid the gag. Then he waited for the explosion. He knew there would be an explosion. Whether it was loud or not, it would be an explosion of words.
Camo
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 06:33 AM

Unregistered

((OOC: Once again, for my sanity. All spoken words unless otherwise stated will be in Afrikaans. Thanks!))

A lot of explaining indeed!

Levi's mind was flooding with a million and five questions it seemed like. Who? What? Where? When? How?! He wanted to know these things and yet he didn't want to know them at the same time. A part of him didn't want to know why his brother had left them and another part of him wanted to demand an answer and them shake his brother by the shoulders if he could. It was more then a bit discombobulating. And that in turn made him more confused and more angry.

He felt his brother going up the stairs and by his steps it was two at a time. He was certainly in a hurry to get somewhere. But where? And why? Was he bringing him before someone? The thoughts of where and what some of these people could do to him made his stomach jump and his blood turn icy.

Finally they got to the top of the floor (it was the...third floor Levi believed if he counted the steps right) and he could hear an ever slight squeak as a door was opened and he was plopped down onto a bed. He looked around--huh it wasn't that bad. An old desk, dresser and bookcase were the first things he saw. The carpet was grey and the motif was a decidedly dark black and grey--very much different then the African Savannah motif he went with in his room. Random belongings were strung here and there along with the God only knows how many origami constructions--which only solidified the fact that it was his brother.

Great. This was just great. Please note the sarcasm....

His brother took his gag off and all Levi could do was stare at him, eyes narrowed as he tried to find the words. The words to express how hurt he felt. How angry he was, How--how that had affected him! But nothing came to him for the moment. And so he ended up just glaring at his brother for a silent moment or two (the kind that felt like it lasted forever) when finally he spoke.

"Where the hell have you been?!" his voice was low and cracked--it didn't take a rocket scientist to figure out he was pissed. And while it may not have been the first words he had meant to say....he didn't care all the same.

He wanted answers and h wanted them now.
Origami
Posted: Jun 30 2012, 04:59 PM

Unregistered

"Avenging Dad, then searching for you and Mom," Dustin replied calmly, watching Levi intently. The boy had grown an inch or two since the brothers had last seen each other, and Levi had definitely packed on the muscles. Dustin leaned against the wall opposite the bed, waiting for Levi to talk again.
Camo
Posted: Jul 5 2012, 05:44 AM

Unregistered

Levi's muscles twitched. Revenge? This was all about revenge?! You had to be kidding him?! All the pain, all the looking, all the--everything! And he was all getting revenge? That didn't make any sense! Nor did it make him any happier! But then again--there was nothing about the situation that made him happy. None whatsoever. And so moving on!

Dustin was so easy going...so nonchalant about all of this. It pissed Levi off even more. All that his brother had put him and their mother through. And he didn't appear to be even the least bit guilty. Who was this?! This was not Dustin. This was not his brother. Or at least--the brother he knew anyways. But--things had changed. A lot of things had changed. And apparently he was one of them. Levi was quick to swallow the sudden lump that formed in the back of his throat. He was not going to get emotional here. Nope he was going to stay angry. Going to stay pissed off. Yep that was what he was going to go.

Levi simply scoffed, "Revenge? Do you have any idea what you did to me? Our mom? Our friends? Everyone thought you killed yourself. How can you be so guiltless!?" he spat out as he squirmed a little to try and loosen the binds. God these were really tight...
Origami
Posted: Sep 5 2012, 11:54 PM

Unregistered

"No, not revenge," Dustin replied softly. "To protect the mutants of South Africa. Dad was a telepath. That's why they killed him. Not because he caught them sneaking into South Africa illegally, as every thought. I followed them for days. They targeted only mutants. And what humans happened to witness the murders, but those were few. I killed them to protect you, and all the other mutants they would have eventually killed had i not stopped them. I do not regret that. I do regret making everyone think I had killed myself. I will never be able to make it up to you. But i will not regret going after those murderers. Dad would not think me for telling you his secret, but I will not hide it from you."

He watched Levi, waiting to see what his younger brother would do to that information.
Camo
Posted: Sep 9 2012, 08:19 AM

Unregistered

Levi's brain was spinning. His head was spinning. And his entire body was trembling. And for a moment he was sure it looked as if he was about to black out. And maybe he was. Maybe he wanted to. (but he kept his wits about him and his consciousness) All of this information all at once...and then the feelings. Oh god all of the emotions that ran through him right now. He couldn't handle it right now! He wasn't sure how to take it!

His dad being a mutant? Well he figured one of the parents had to have been. I mean how else could you explain two seemingly non mutant parents giving birth to not one but two mutant kids? The logic in his mind was like--yeah one of them is a mutant even if they hadn't told us. And so it had been their dad. Okay that part was about the only thing he had found out in the last several hours that hadn't been shocking and world changing to him.

So they were after only mutants? Huh Levi exhaled a bitter breath through his nose (cringing as he felt some dry blood go down his face from his bloody nose and his still raw split lip). He didn't believe Dustin when he said he had been doing it for his "protection". They had killed their dad. A member of the family. A person who was very close with them both. Dustin couldn't sit there and tell him that it wasn't for revenge. That he didn't want to go after then just to make them pay. Levi didn't believe it.

The younger brother couldn't help but bitterly scoff at the irony of it all though. Here his brother vanished, off killing some mutant killers and then the government passes the law it did. He couldn't help it. He laughed a derisive type of laugh.

"Protect us huh? As much good as that would have done. Didn't you know? The government passed a law not too long before we had moved. Its now illegal to be a mutant in South Africa. They would have got to us eventually had we not moved."

It didn't matter what he did. Or why he did. But the fact was he had left them. No abandoned them. And yeah he was right--he wouldn't be making this up for a long time if ever. Levi wasn't one to get angry often but this was something different. Vastly different. And you couldn't help but get a little mad at this ya know?
Origami
Posted: Oct 2 2012, 08:05 PM

Unregistered

Dustin shrugged. "I know," he says simply. "But those mutant killers where roaming all over the continent, not just South Africa. Dad asked me personally to deal with them. I would not have left you and mom otherwise. That's the honest truth. Believe me or not, that's up to you. I hated leaving you and mom like that. But you would have talked me out of it if I had told you then. So I'm telling you now. It's your right to be angry at me. I know you. You'll find it very hard to forgive me. I can't forgive myself for hurting you like that. But, dad rarely asked favors, and that was one I would not be talked out of fulfilling."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1246 seconds | Archive
Skinned by - LIZA ! { LELIZA } of BLANK PAGES