This is a world that is on the brink of change, a world having to come to terms with what mankind has produced from itself. This is a world where the Phoenix force tired of Professor X and Magneto wasting their potential to change the world for good and rewound them in time to give them a second chance. This is a world where mutants are hated and feared, where superhero teams like the Avengers never occurred because who would trust a person with powers strange and incomprehensible?
In short, this is a world where anything is possible, timelines have been rewritten and the entire mutant question is a new and terrifying one. Starting from the beginning, our world is only just realising the extent of the talents that can be born out of the human genome and how it deals with the rise of mutants and superhumans...well, that's up to you.
Welcome to Wake of Humanity, an AU Marvel roleplay opened in May 2011 that accepts both canons and OCs and where any facets of any Marvel-verse continuity can be drawn upon when crafting a character. We are an 18+ site with an emphasis on gritty realism, character-driven story development and being a relaxed roleplay community where everyone has bountiful options for joining in the plotting since organic is how we roll.
March 19th - news just in, Norman Osborn has just been elected President of the United States. What changes will this bring? Watch this space to find out.
March 1st - March is here! Go join in our March Madness competition so that all of us work together to wrap up all threads and get caught up within a month of ourselves. Remember to check in with the AC and do OTMs as well!
M-THUR 8am to 10am
F-S 8am to 11pm
M-F 8am to 8pm
Sat 11am to 5pm
M-F 5pm to 11pm
Sat 1pm to 9pm
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
| Welcome to Wake Of Humanity. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
CHAOS ONLY HAPPENS IN CAPS
, big reveal, yo
Member No.: 185
Joined: 11-August 11
| It is a well-kept secret on earth that other lifeforms exist, out there beyond the stars, that humans are not alone in the universe. Not everyone knows this, of course, the very isolated members of various human governments having chosen to keep this from the rest of the population as classified information, unsure of what the general populace's reaction would be.
But even the government didn't know about these aliens.
The Asgardians live a hop, a skip and a wormhole journey through space away, the Bifr÷st doing such odd things to the passage of light when it facilitates hyperspace travel that it is called the Rainbow Bridge for the colours it spreads across the sky. They are a race so advanced in the fields of science and technology that the last time they were on Earth it was seen as magic and they were revered as Gods because of what their 'Sorcerers' could do through their enhanced understanding of the laws of physics and their ability to manipulate them as a result. Add on the fact that they are stronger, faster and more durable than humans, as well as seemingly immortal due to their slow ageing process, and is it any wonder that the Midgardians of a millennium ago fell on their knees and worshipped them as deities?
But no one from Asgard has visited the mortals of Midgard in a long, long time, banned from travelling there by the Allfather who felt that the younger warriors were far too interested in 'mere mortals' and has given them other causes to focus on for a thousand years now. Led by Odin the Allfather, the Ăsir - ever a society centred around its warriors - have fought to defend their home against all comers and have not thought about one, small world inhabited by mere mortals since.
Until now. On Asgard, the Ăsir are facing an enemy they have never met before, one that has developed a weapon that strips the Ăsir of their arrogance and their power both. One by one the people of Asgard are having their souls slipped into mortal version of themselves that are created upon being struck by this weapon before being dumped on modern, Midgardian Earth. In these human shells the Ăsir lose their strength, their speed, their immortality and they are no different from the mortals around them.
Let the Chaos begin.
- - -
Ahaha, so here it is, lovely members,
The Chaos is upon us. Penni and I have been looking for a way to bring the Asgardian characters onto the site for a while and this site event seemed to be the right way to do it. Are you surprised? We hope so. And excited as well because this means that a whole host of new characters have been added to the canon list
for your perusal and enjoyment. Any character from that group comes with certain conditions as to how they arrive in play, so have a handy starter's guide to Asgardians on WoH:
- The rules for 'magic' stay the same - Asgardians just happen to be technologically advanced beings whose understanding of the laws of physics and reality are so much beyond those of
mere mortals humans that their abilities appear magical to us. Rock on science because I'm pretty sure that Asgardian ~magic~ has its basis in string theory. Sorcerers are, in many ways, the equivalent of rocket scientists, IF rocket science involved an inherent ability within one's body and mind to 'see' and manipulate the energy.
- All Asgardians applied for will end up trapped on Earth/Midgard and stripped of their powers after being slipped into a mortal, human shell. As such, roleplay will still be limited to occurring on Earth. No travelling back to Asgard and the other realms just yet.
- Asgardians will arrive on Midgard in the order in which they are applied for, meaning that you cannot backdate a particular character's arrival on Earth. For example, Sif will be the first one conjured (once Lell gets her app on) then the next Asgardian to be apped for in real-time, and so on.
- Asgardians can appear anywhere on Midgard, but their arrival will be accompanied by an intense flash of light and a significant displacement of air, plus a loud cracking noise. Clothes may or may not survive the materialisation (it's up to the roleplayer) but any that do materialise will be Midgardian and nothing from Asgard will travel to Earth. Alien tech is not subtle, yo.
- All Asgardians' last memories will be of a battlefield on their homeworld.
- No Asgardian has been to Earth for about a millennium, since it was actually banned by Odin. Bear that in mind when writing their reactions to how mortals have changed in that time.
- The creation of artificial human bodies (don't worry, they test as completely human) involves a rudimentary imprint of the main language of the country into which the Asgardian manifests, though it is an imprecise science, hence why they will sound archaic to modern Midgardians. They are not able to read, however, unless taught.
- Though Thor the film amused me more than you can know, our Asgard will be very much based on the comics and applications, even AU as we are, will be judged on characterisation based in that medium.
- Just as WoH-Earth has some set guidelines as to how its history, politics, attitudes etc are, so too does WoH-Asgard. The Pellverse guidelines to Asgard and its denizens can be found here.
So, that's The Chaos. We hope to see a flurry of apps for Asgardians, but are equally looking forward to seeing how Earth responds to depowered Gods and Goddesses wandering around the world. Mostly, we just hope that WoH's second board-wide event has been worth the wait. Peace out, lovelies. <3
Lell and Penni
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)