Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Shattered Sun Reborn. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Some? Anyone?, It's been soooo long...
Aramil Naïlo
Posted: Oct 25 2008, 04:00 PM
Image hosting by Photobucket

Advanced Member

Group: Members
Member No.: 27

Trevious was to close to move. 'Oh f***...' he thought as Vain turned his body into a lightning rod. He gritted through the pain, trying to keep some measure of control over his muscles as his nerves went haywire. 'I like this guy, he's fun.

"Perhaps you should flee." came a voice in his head. "Maybe this one will put you in your grave.". The voice was slightly soothing, but bland, and male. It was high, like that of a small boy, but sounded much older.

'No, he won't. He can't, he's weak.' he thought, 'I will beat him.'

"The perhaps you should've killed him when you had the chance.." the voice growled in response. "Because you don't seem to be doing so well now.."

'I'm doing fine. he growled in reply, then a grin spread through his mind as he felt last surges of electricity pass through his body. His open hand began to turn red, heat waves and steam rising from it. He spun his blade and smiled to Vain. "You're fun, and it would be such a waste to kill you now."

He slashed his blade up and across, his smile not faltering as Vain blocked it. Trevios pressed the attack, not giving the man time to counter. He began rapidly flipping the blade after each attack, so he wouldn't have to twist it and allowing him to be able to get closer to his enemy with hindering his ability.

He pushed the attack for a few minutes, every now and again pretending to leave openings in his defenses. Each time, Vain would strike for the holes, and each time he would find them blocked. Trevios continued forcing his enemie's defenses lower, then spun right and brought his blade around to slice up across Vain's abdomen. He flipped his falchion at the last moment, his blade moving gracefully around his hand as Vain's met where it should've been. Trevios continued the movement, forcing Vain's sword up and out as his left hand pushed to Vain's chest. Trevios grinned as he felt the release of psynergy, a blast of fire from his left palm as it closed on Vain.

OOC: I've always wanted to attempt that maneuver in battle, but I only manage to complete it once every twenty tries in sparring practice. I figure since Trevios would be a better swordsman than me, he'd be able to pull it off easier. That length better for you, eh?

--------------------
Sindre, this is for you. Eventually I'll think of something snappy and nice to put here. Until next time, then.

Semper Fidelis
"I don't care what you're doing, or why. I care that you hurt my family in the process, a crime who's punishment is death."
Choda Uthrelin to Dervious Lighthand

"How can you possibly hope to defeat me when you can't even come to defeat yourself?"
Aramil Naïlo to Crow Smalkittle

"If death is so bad, then why does it make me feel so damn good?"
Trevious Flaeron to Ghest Flaeron

All Your Base Are Belong To Ususer posted image
user posted image
BattleKnight
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
The Mighty Fluffball
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 07:46 PM

Member No.: 83

Vain felt the heat and threw himself backwards. He avoided the sheer force of the blast, but he felt the flames catch on his chest, scorching his flesh. He was burning. He was burning! Screaming with pain, he screeched out a command to the winds circling the plateau. Powerful gusts blew out the fire on his chest and pushed him up, back up to even ground.

Angry now, he charged Trevios recklessly. The smoldering heat remaining on his chest fueled his anger, pushing him to go faster. He ducked low to the ground and slid, slicing up at Trevios with the longsword. It was parried, but as Vain's blade met Trevios's he jumped, sailing feet-first up over the falchion. His free hand grabbed Treno's face and tensed, calling the thunder out of the sky. The lightning blasted out of his hand, scorching Trevios's face and hurling him back across the plateau.

Vain landed on his feet and gave a defiant swipe of the air. That would teach the bastard to burn him! The scars on his face wouldn't heal for weeks!

"You can hold back all you like, but I won't have such pretty reservations for you!" he yelled.
Aramil Naïlo
Posted: Oct 28 2008, 10:10 PM

Advanced Member

"That looked like it hurt." said the voice. "I told you to flee, but you wouldn't listen.".

"I will beat him." he snarled in reply, grunting as he stood. His hand began to smolder again as he picked up his blade and admired the damage the last few minutes had done to it. "You're good, Vain. You are good." He grinned, glancing around. "Looks like neither of us will be leaving without a memento, if either of us manages to survive."

"Where are you going with this?" the voice asked him.

Trevios began to slowly move towards his opponent, the fire in his eyes still burning fiercely. "How long do you imagine we can continue this?" He lunged forward and swung, snarling as their blades locked. "You know you can't win." He pushed against the blades, forcing Vain to take a step back.

"Neither can you." the voice snided.

Trevios growled again and thrust foward, knocking Vain on his heels. He followed with his left fist, blasting the air from Vain's lungs and sending him reeling backwards.

--------------------
Sindre, this is for you. Eventually I'll think of something snappy and nice to put here. Until next time, then.

Semper Fidelis
"I don't care what you're doing, or why. I care that you hurt my family in the process, a crime who's punishment is death."

"How can you possibly hope to defeat me when you can't even come to defeat yourself?"

user posted image
BattleKnight
The Mighty Fluffball
Posted: Oct 31 2008, 01:09 AM

OOC: It's like 1 in the morning right now. I'll post tomorrow night after I finish my application essay and personal statement up.
Aramil Naïlo
Posted: Nov 3 2008, 08:32 AM

Advanced Member

OOC- Hey, Fluffball, still waiting.tongue.gif just a friendly reminder.

--------------------

Semper Fidelis

user posted image
BattleKnight
The Mighty Fluffball
Posted: Nov 6 2008, 08:20 AM

((Ugh. What a headache. I'm going to have to set up a list of websites I need to post in. Tell me, is anyone else even on this forum?))

Vain doubled over in pain, but recovered rapidly and struck out at Trevios, aiming low. His blade was parried, much to his annoyance. Why wouldn't this annoying ass just die already?

He held out his hand and blasted Trevios with a painful streak of lightning. Behind him, the forces of the winds began to build up. He increased the power of the electricity, frowning with concentration. He felt his ears pop with intense the air pressure to his back. He kicked downwards, sending dirt towards Trevios's face. Hopping back, he crouched down and felt the pent-up air reach a climax. He leaped forward blade-first, releasing the power of the wind, blasting himself forward into Trevios. They were both carried out into the air, flying out over the mountainside. Vain twisted the wind underneath them, buoying them up and keeping them from falling. They curved upwards and back towards Mt. Aleph, Vain slashing furious at Trevios in midair.
The Phantom Squee
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 05:28 AM

Advanced Member

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 12

[[ I'm still hanging around, at least. ]]
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
Aramil Naïlo
Posted: Nov 7 2008, 09:01 AM

Advanced Member

OOC-- I'll post after the weekend, since I'm not home on weekends. It'll give me something to think about while my daughter sleeps.

--------------------

Semper Fidelis

user posted image
BattleKnight
Revamp
Posted: Nov 16 2008, 04:15 AM

My night on the town

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

(i'm with limited computer access, or i'd have joined this)

--------------------
user posted imageuser posted image

user posted image
Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket
Aramil Naïlo
Posted: Nov 18 2008, 12:28 PM

Advanced Member

Trevios grunted as he hit the ground again, rolling backwards to his feet. He looked up in time to dodge another swing of Vain's sword. He ducked under it, spinning as moved past his opponent to slam his elbow into vains gut. He continued moving away from Vain, stopping about ten feet behind him.

"How many blows must we exchange, Vain?" he asked, a sly grin finding it way to his face. He reached up to rub his eyes, flinching slightly as his hand touched the tender, scorched flesh of his face. "Surely both of our bodies will be found dead by the next person to climb this mountain, our souls still locked in battle."

"Are you trying to agitate him?" The voice asked.

He charged Vain, his blade out to his side. He side-stepped as he neared his enemy, spinning around to swing at Vain. He felt his blade hit Vain's and laughed.

"We're gonna be here awhile."

--------------------

Semper Fidelis

user posted image
BattleKnight
Aramil Naïlo
Posted: Dec 9 2008, 09:14 PM

Advanced Member

OOC: Errr...are we continueing this?

--------------------

Semper Fidelis

user posted image
BattleKnight
Aramil Naïlo
Posted: Dec 19 2008, 07:50 PM

Advanced Member

OOC: Is it safe to say this is over? It has been one month and a day since the last in character post, and Fluffball hasn't said anything about plans to reply.

--------------------

Semper Fidelis

user posted image
BattleKnight
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Image hosting by PhotobucketPages: (2) 1 [2]  Image hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by PhotobucketImage hosting by Photobucket

Affiliates
Affiliates go here! also, please pay a visit to our newest affiliate: Naruto RP, a fellow text roleplaying site! I'm gonna put those sexy buttons WA made here as well.

Naruto RPG

Skin Etavarium designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 2.1409 seconds | Archive