Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Tribal Weyr. We hope you enjoy your visit.
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Note Due to recent bot/spammer accounts, an admin validation is required before any new user accounts become active. The Tribal Staff apologizes for this inconvenience.

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Kalaht's Downfall ((SEARCH - OPEN)), KIDNAPPED!!!!!!
MetalDawn71
  Posted: Apr 6 2011, 06:44 PM

Wingleader

Group: Members
Member No.: 50

Kalaht. Brokenhearted and lost. His family had abandoned him and left for dead, his mother took on a new husband and a new baby. He was an outcast before he knew what was going on but why? No matter. He would never figure out the reason. There was not a reason to feel sorry for himself.

He ventured out of his cave and went hunting. He wasn't good at it. In fact, clearly he wasn't good at anything or so he thought. He was used to seeing whers but not up close. He saw a pack of those animal-beasts that killed his uncle getting to close for comfort. He moved locations to a place behind a waterfall.

It was 300 to 500 miles from the Canyon that supposedly led to the Weyr. Kalaht was in a state of disbelief when he saw something move quickly in the corner of his eye and a shadow above him. THE DRAGONS!!!!! They found him! He had heard of the horrible tales from fellow traders about friends that had been kidnapped by Dragons and forced into slavery.

That other thing he saw was a blur and must have his imagination but one can't too sure. He had no where to run from the dragons. He had heard that their cousins, the whers had excellent tracking abilities. He was sure it was a wher from the Weyr working with the dragon above.

Kalaht tried to hid in a hole in a tree trunk and pulled a boulder up half-way on the only exit he had. It was a difficult task but he did it on his own.
redwerecat
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 12:45 AM

BREAKER OF PHYSICS

Group: Admin
Member No.: 21

The boy had one thing right. They weyr was out in force. A navy-blue shadow swept over the jungle silently. L'ki was stretched along his neck, eyes out below for anything suspicious, or even just plain interesting. Sharding ban on searching up North left him with too little to do... a smile crept across his scarred face and he laughed to himself.

Not like sending him out to fly exploration on the jungle was any guarantee he'd come back alone. Sometimes crazy teenage girls jumped out and tried to kill your dragon, and you had to drag 'em back kicking and screaming... well. Actually, HAD Taksia screamed? No that might have been him. He could have sworn she'd bit him at some point. ANYWAY.

Fenrisurth interrupted him from his nostalgia with a gentle brush on his mind. The blue directed him to examine an area some ten lengths off to their left, with a big waterfall.
Could be something over there. We should take a look. He said, his voice, as ever, a calm, deep, even tone.

L'ki agreed, and signaled the dragon to make his way down. "Right. Place like that, might have a pack of 351 or somethin' around..." He muttered. It was worth keeping an eye on. Sure, it wasn't really THAT close to any of the trader settlments, but some of the nomadic families made their way through off and on, and it was always just a better idea to keep an eye on the local (or...not-so-local) packs. A quick thought brought Farbauti to the pair, the icy blue flitter chirping solemnly as he clung to L'ki's shoulder. A little backup never hurt.

Fenrisurth landed, in his eerily silent way, in a slight clearing a little ways away from the waterfall. The blue tucked his wings in and crouched to let his rider down. L'ki nodded to him, and shrugged on the hood of his dark cloak. It may not have been night, but there were plenty of shadows in the thick jungle to play at stealth. And just in case it wasn't one of the local predators... more than one Northerner had gotten botched coordinates and ended up in their Jungles. And it wasn't always someone who was looking for refuge, either.

Ugh. That brought back memories.

Fenrisurth sent a tentative mental query his way, but L'ki brushed him off.
Just keep an eye out for anything coming up behind me.
As always, mine.

L'ki crept toward the waterfall area, sticking to the shadows until he was certain there wasn't any Northern rider holed up here. Farbauti swished through the leaves above like any wild flit, chattering excitedly at L'ki and zipping off into the underbrus on L'ki's orders. The fire lizard wasn't terribly intelligent, but he was good at following orders as long as they were explained clearly enough. L'ki guided him to inspect the trees nearby and make sure there wasn't anything strange nearby while he inspected the waterfall area.

No real signs of draconic occupation at all... but... He caught sight of a few curious scrapes in the dirt, and a few things moved around. Sure, it COULD have been a wher or something, but whers weren't usually the types to move rocks. They didn't tend to care about doors or secrecy or the like. L'ki pretended like he hadn't noticed, but his hand went to the long knife at his hip.
Fen! Someone's here. You didn't see any other dragons, right?

The dragon caught the edge of tenseness in his lifemate's thoughts, and he rose out of his relaxed crouch, immediately ready for a fight.
The area was clear. Mine, do you need me?.

L'ki would have liked the blue's presence, but it was unecessary.
No. Stay put. I'll call you, you know that. Just- let me figure out what's going on. Just as he relayed that to his dragon, he caught a signaling though from Farbauti. The icy-pale blue was perched in a tree, his eyes whirling. The tree? Alright. L'ki slipped his knife out of it's sheath, making is way over to the tree. He stopped a good dragonlength away, not trusting anything at the moment. There was a hole in the trunk...Farbauti chirped again and took off, circling the tree. Definitely something suspicious, then. And with everything else being just enough off...L'ki had more than just a hunch that there was someone hiding out here.
Fen, there's someone here. I'm certain of it.

I shall be ready. Be careful, mine. You've got enough scars. Let us not add another.

I appreciate the sentiment, Fen. I'll be careful

"I don't give a rat's ass what you are, but I swear on the first rider's grave I'll kill you if you don't show your face." L'ki's voice had dropped to a coarse snarl. He wasn't trying to be aggressive, but he was tense, everything in him waiting for some Northern bronzer to come leaping out with a sword.
MetalDawn71
  Posted: Apr 7 2011, 05:36 PM

Wingleader

Kalaht was shaking and whimpering with fear. He looked up for a a way out. He shook his head. He was stuck between a rock and a hard place, quite literally. He had to think of some way to escape but he could not think straight in his panicked mind. The only option was to show himself.

Kalaht sighed. He had already been discovered. He looked up again and nodded. He slowly but silently climbed up the inside of the tree and came out on the other side. He then leaped from tree branch to the other tree, barely making it. The boots that Kalaht had on were soft and didn't make much noise on impact on the wood. He hadn't seen the dragon yet. Only its shadow.

He knew he could not get away but the act of trying to was enough for him. He didn't run because he knew that running would attract attention. He learned that from the Nomadic Traders group. He quietly sneaked away. Wait a minute...what about that Wher he saw awhile back. He sighed again, this time with a knowledge that we would surely be caught. If it was just the dragon, maybe he would be able to escape but an animal-beast(351) and a dragon? Aerial and Ground cover was impossible to get away from.

Could it be? This new breed and this dragonrider actually working together in kidnapping him?! Ah, man!!! He was toast! He scanned the jungle looking for any sign at all fro that sharding animal-beast. Nothing....yet. Good. He had been around whers before and this animal was a bit faster than a wher. He hadn't seen one yet, but he knew it was out there somewhere.

Being around whers, Kalaht knew that they had excellent tracking abilities and they were grumpy and very tenacious. It was getting dark and he knew they were nocturnal but this new breed...he had never seen before. He had the funniest feeling that he was about to meet that new breed really soon.

Kalaht heard a cross between a wild feline and a wher howl in the distance and all training from his group went on hiatus. He ran and hid in a cave he found not to long ago. He knew he would not be safe there for long, especially if the dragonrider and the animal-beast were working together.
redwerecat
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 06:52 PM

BREAKER OF PHYSICS

L'ki growled as nothing happened. He did NOT take well to being disobeyed, especially if he was threatening someone's life. He was certain something else was around nearby, but until he was certain...
"Shard it! Farbauti,, go!"

The flitter shrieked and dove into the hole, re-appearing a moment later with a disappointed chirp.

So there was no-one in there...L'ki picked up a vague thought of another hole in the tree on the other side, and swore violently. Alright, this meant chasing the mystery guest, and he hadn't even brought his disemboweling stick. The bluerider growled and sunk his knife into the tree angrily, then stopped. After a second of looking at the stab wound in the tree he sighed, patted the tree with one hand, and briefly apologized to it. The tree hadn't done anything to him.

Fenrisurth snorted and, if he could have rolled his eyes, would have. L'ki was in one of THOSE moods.
Shall I collect you, or would you like to hunt on foot?

L'ki made a face. He saw no reason to hide his voice anymore, and talking pout loud meant he was less likely to lose his train of thought.
"On foot for now. That hole's not very big, so I'm thinking I'm dealing with some sort of midget."

Or a child...?

"That too." He patted the tree again, and settled the knife back in his palm. "Keep an eye out, okay?"

I always do.

He sent Farbauti off ahead, following the flit as he tried to track the mystery jungle wanderer. still...he was unhappy with this turn of events. especially so close to that group of 351. and it was getting dark. No way he wanted to tangle with a wild wher or anything. He was about to call Fenrisurth to come pick him up and they'd keep searching from the air, but the dragon beat him to the punch.

Got something. The dragon blended in almost perfectly with the darkening sky, and he was almost invisible unless you were searching for him. Which he hoped his target wasn't... he landed on a small rockface above the cavern he'd seen the human hide in, and settled down. It was painful, clinging to the scare handholds like some sort of lizard, but he managed.
I saw it. Human, I think. Over here. Normally that would have been the worst way to tell someone where you were, but telepathy was a wonderful thing.

L'ki was there in a few moments, glad to see the blue. The dragon's presence was reassuring, especially when he was certain he'd been hearing 351 nearby. That howl was distinctive.
"You know, whoever-you-are, I don't really like being IGNORED." L'ki said, making sure his voice carried. Whoever this sharder was, they had some serious explaining to do. Or some serious dying to do. All depended.

"Come out here. I don't have much patience, and I'm not afraid to let the sharding dogs have ya. Or my dragon. I think he could use a snack, couldn't you, big guy?"

Fenrisurth let out a low growl, enough to make his presence heard.
Is it a good idea to be so threatening?

Don't care. Those 351 are getting to close for comfort. Either they come out or we go in. I've got more than enough battlescars as it is.
MetalDawn71
Posted: Apr 7 2011, 08:47 PM

Wingleader

Kalaht was terrified now. He could not run anymore without being caught. He sunk deeper in the cave, looking for another way out but the deeper he went, the darker it was.

Kalaht's heart was racing with horror. His body was anticipating a capture, his capture and soon. He heard the rider, his voice was not a pleasurable one more of a threatening tone. He was used to that since his father used it many times when he was a younger. He heard the dragon's growl and he broke out in cold sweat, paralyzed with fear. He had never heard anything like it. The howls from out had stopped for the time being. He was glad of that or was he? The dragon found him, couldn't the animal beasts discover him too?

He had to get the animal beast out of his mind for now. He had bigger problems to deal with. A dragon with an appetite for him for a evening snack. He didn't want to be eaten.

"How will I know you will keep your word?" he shouted from the darkness. "Your dragon could eat me anyway." He hadn't heard of any Hatching and he was just about the right age too. The shadows were his greatest ally. He stayed shrouded as he slinked back further in the darkness of the cave. He knew it was safe, no whers or animal beasts in here or so he thought.

The howls started up again. They sounded more frightening than the dragon. The dragon hadn't killed anyone he loved. An Animal beast did. He couldn't see in the dark but he knew pretty every part of this area. His eyes adjusted. He didn't see much, just a small puddle on the ground with a stalactite above, dripping down water. He went past the water puddle and into a nook where he could fit and hide from the possible animal beast.
redwerecat
Posted: Apr 11 2011, 11:20 PM

BREAKER OF PHYSICS

Ooooh, kid had a point. and L'ki was notorious for lying about these things...and for just generally lying in general. Maybe he should just go in and grab this kid...he certainly had to be younger, his voice didn't sound like an adult...but still.

"Shaffit...I don't trust caves...Fen?"

I can't fit. The dragon replied cooly. He dropped down, examining the cave for a moment, then snorted. [color=000022] No, impossible. But it appears to go on for a while...I suggest we call in reinforcements...

L'ki suddenly broke out into a broad and positively terrifying grin.
"I know just who to grab."

~~~~~~~

They came out of between about a short time later, being assured by Farbauti they'd not lost their prey, at least not out the waterfall exit.

Fenrisurth landed, quickly dislodging his burden and dropping a few furred bodies to the ground with a growl.
Do NOT ask me to do that again. He growled, leaping back above the cave on the ledge with an indignant look. 351, and he'd been forced to carry them. And one had even been on his back... yeech. L'ki just shook his head and waved a hand at the cave.
"Well, dog-boy, he's all yours."
L'ki would apologize to the dragon later.

Arngrim rolled his eyes, and whistled. Four 351 padded to his side, looking a little dazed, but mostly eager. The lanky, scruffy-looking man grinned and spoke to them affectionately, until L'ki clapped his hands impatiently and made a 'what-are-you-waiting-for' face. Arngrim straightened up, and brushed fur off his hands on his pants.
"You're really impatient. What're you so desperate for me to find in there, orangey?"

L'ki frowned, and ignored the nickname. "Something...human. It's got to be some sort of Northern spy, or something. and I don't trust ANYONE who runs from a tattooed dragon."
Fenrisurth kindly did not point out that the boy had never even SEEN him, and thus wouldn't know WHAT he looked like...

Arngrim just threw his hands in the air, and started walking. "Riders are all crazy." He said, not bothering to hide his opinion. "But whatever. I call rights to 'im if it's just some lost Trader kid who you've just scared the piss outta, though. Or, y'know, " He left it at that parting shot.

L'ki gave Arngrim's retreating back the middle finger.

Inside the cave, the four 351 spread out, Arngrim taking Ysengrin with him while Reyna, Grell, and Jarl ranged behind and scouted the side tunnels. He hadn't really been thinking about WHAT was going to happen when the rider had asked him for help with something, but he'd been more curious than he had liked, and couldn't say no.

Besides, it was nice to get a little recognition. He double-checked the faint sort of awareness he had with his pack- too weak to be called a 'bond' like with the draconic creatures- checking on each of them. Nothing so far. But Reyna smelled something, just past a pool of water...

The golden-tan beast padded forward, her ears flicked to the front. What was this? She smelled something around the scent of stale cave-water and stone. Something warm, and the definite smell of fear and sweat. She crept along, lowering her head and crouching as she edged toward the small nook she found.
MetalDawn71
Posted: Apr 12 2011, 01:50 AM

Wingleader

Kalaht was found! He peeked out to see what found him and he quickly drew back and his heart raced with fear. It was one of the animal beasts! He had a flashback of his Uncle. He didn't see the attack but he saw the results. He was paralyzed with dread. He began to break out a cold sweat.

Kalaht was a simple boy but this? running and hiding from an animal beast?

'Are you a man or a coward?' his father's voice rang in his head. He was shaking like a leaf as he laid flat on his back and backed into the furthest darkest corner.

"Go away!" he shouted at the animal beast, like that did any good. Kalaht was trying to get away in that crevasse he saw before. When he approached it, he felt the side walls and found as it was a crawl space. He climbed in be crawled about 5-10 feet and came out in a large underground canyon. Mm. Curious. He had never been this far before..then again, he has never been hunted before either.

He felt fresh cool air, instead of the mugginess and staleness of the cave. Kalaht looked up and saw an enormous hole that lead out of the cave. He was safe....for the moment. He could climb up to the exit but what if there was more trouble upward. Like more dragons or more animal-beasts. It was a risk he had to take. He sighed, found foot and hand holds and started climbing toward the exit.
redwerecat
Posted: Apr 13 2011, 12:21 AM

BREAKER OF PHYSICS

Arngrim's main response by the time he caught up to Reyna was a long snarled howling sound. Admittedly, most of the Tribe (or at least the ones frequenting the wher caverns) were familiar with this nose, and the myriad others the strange man made that were less than human. However, in the present situation, to a boy who probably knew very little and with the reverberations pf the cave?

He probably sounded like something less than pleasant. Reyna joined her voice with his with a short growl as she clawed and scratched at the narrow crevasse the boy had disappeared into. Ysengrin joined her, the pair of them scrabbling over the entrance as if the could dig their way in, but the stone was impervious to their talons.

"Sharditall." Arngrim said, sighing loudly. He dropped to his knees, examining the crack, but he wasn't sure he could fit either. It was a little narrow, and though he wasn't the biggest guy out there, far from it, he was still bigger than an adolescent boy...
"Sharding dragonboy is gonna have a field day with me..."

~~~~

It was unclear if the boy was actively paying attention to the world around him. Probably. but was he looking for the slight cold breeze and nearly inaudible popping that came with the appearance of a flit at the other exit? Farbauti scrambled in, scuttling toward the deeper recesses of the cave, sniffing out the funny human he'd seen in the tree. OH! The pale blue fire lizard zipped atop a stalagmite, chirping for a moment before zipping back up and around the young man.

He chattered something happily, then launched up again to zip out the exit of the cave. He hovered there for just a second, before a much taller and more humanoid silhouette appeared. The shadow resolved itself into the grinning face of L'ki, noo longer bothering with the heavy cloak or hiding in any way. He was too pissed off for that. Instead, he just flipped his knife in a bored fashion, and stared down at the kid.

"You wanna run again? Be my guest. But it's gonna get dark soon, and I'll give you three guesses as to who's got better night vision. You, or the 351? Here's a hint-" His smile shifted to something entirely to pleased. "It ain't you."
MetalDawn71
Posted: Apr 13 2011, 01:46 AM

Wingleader

Kalaht gulped and started to back away from L'ki. Not realizing how far away it was to the cave entrance, he lost his footing and down he went, down 20 feet and on his side too. He hit hard! Kalaht moaned in pain that was audible. Ow! That hurt....BAD! He tried to stand and buckled. He collapsed. He sighed of frustration. A shooting agonizing pain rode up through his femur. He felt his leg. Nope, that isn't broken. His hand slid down his leg to his ankle. He could barely touch it. The slightest touch made it send an "electric shock" through his small body. Yep! Ankle fracture.

"Ahhh...." Kalaht yelled in turmoil.

Great! Now I can't even walk! he thought. His body ached but the rest was okay. He shook his head as he hated for ask for his kidnappers for help....

"I -uh- can't run anymore so I'm not, not for a while." he called out seriously.
redwerecat
Posted: Apr 13 2011, 03:12 AM

BREAKER OF PHYSICS

L'ki sighed, watching the short boy fall backwards. He was a fraction too late to make an attempt at trying to catch the boy.
"Shaffit." He growled, and ducked into the cave. This end was at least easy enough for him to get into. He easily made his way down the twenty feet of rock (you got REALLY used to clambering around like that in a Weyr, and he'd been a Weyrbrat all his life.)

He sighed, and made his way over to the-...kid. He was a kid. Probably just into his teens, if he had to guess. Son of a- He slipped the knife back into it's sheath and rummaged around for a bit, coming out with a knot of cloth he more commonly used to gag the northern brats who were being particularly uncooperative...

Not helpful. He kept looking, eventually just deciding to use his belt and a short branch he made Farbauti fetch for a makeshift splint.
He knelt next to the boy and made a face- it was hard to tell if he was being sympathetic, annoyed, or just bored.
"Okay, kid. I sweat to ...uh...the Great sky dragon or whatever those weirdos at the weyr are talking about, that I'm not gonna hurt you. You did a good enough job of that yourself." He said drly. "But that ankle's gonna swell of we don't do something. You gonna let me help you out here?"

Above, the familiar form of Fenrisurth's midnight-blue head peered over the edge down at them.
Everything alright?
"Yeah, yeah. Kid just fell...Fenny, get dog-boy and his pack together. I'm gonna see if I can't get this kiddo up there."

He paused again, and tilted his head to one side. "Your arms work alright? I can carry you back up there, but you're gonna have to hold on."
MetalDawn71
Posted: Apr 13 2011, 03:36 AM

Wingleader

Kalaht sighed and looked into his eyes. L'ki was sincere enough. Kalaht nodded.

"How else am I going to get out of here, alive?" Kalaht was wincing in pain as he tried to lay still. "I heard that dragons eat humans and kidnap them. Then make slaves of them. Is that true? Then beaten if you don't cooperate." He didn't want to bombard the poor man with questions. Everything would be answered all in due time.

"Yeah, they work. Just sore a lot!" he answered him. He took his arms and put them around his neck. "I just want out of here. Oh and uh --- thank you." he replied. Kalaht wasn't accustomed of using manners but he knew how. It felt strange to him. All lot of things seemed strange tonight. The dragon with the tattoos, the small mini-dragon and those animal beasts.

Kalaht had been through a lot with his family abandoning him, to this? This was all about a 13 Turn old Trader boy could handle.
redwerecat
Posted: Apr 14 2011, 06:08 PM

BREAKER OF PHYSICS

L'ki glanced away, embarrassed by the thanks. It wasn't something he got a lot...or, really, ever. Mostly he got sworn at, threatened, murder attempts, you know. All that normal stuff for an ex-Fortian Prison Guard. Not recently, mind you, but still.
"Yeaaahhhh, whatever." He said, trying to cover up his moment of 'weakness'.

He froze for a minute, listening to the rumors of dragons someone was telling. What the shell? That was...uh. Okay, so maybe in the North... but why was a trader kid saying things like that? He focused on finishing the makeshift splint before speaking, trying to stop himself from saying something unwise.
"Slaves? Yeah, in a way." L'ki finally answered honestly. "I mean, they become a part of you, and there's no way to even pretend you'll ever be alone in your own mind after you Impress..." Somewhere above, Fenrisurth snorted. "But eating humans.,..I've only seen Maybe Hyacinth or possibly Choculath hurt people outside of defense of their rider..." He shrugged. The boy had his arms around his neck, and he hoisted him up a ways, carrying him on his back.

"As for kidnapping...yes. That's true. In fact, it's kinda my job. North, South, we both do that. But most Souther candidates come willingly...we're on pretty good terms with the Trader Families...actually, we've even got a couple Weyrlings from the Head Family." He continued, beginning to make his way up the rock face to the exit. They emerged a few minutes later, L'ki waving to his dragon.

Fenrisurth grunted and made his way to them, crouching to lay flat on his belly. L'ki shifted some, trying to make it easier for the boy to make his way onto the dragon's back.
"Can you make it? If you can get on his neck, I've got everything from there. Trust me, he's not gonna do anything. And it's the only way to really get anywhere."

The blue glanced back at his rider, giving both humans a bored look. He let out a long sigh and spoke, making sure to broadcast so the boy could hear as well.
You are more aggravating than was necessary, little human thing. But Mine is right. I won't harm you unless you try to harm us first.

L'ki rolled his eyes. Greeaaatt...good job, blue-face.
"Sorry I don't have any numbweed or anything. But I'll get you to the healers when we get to the Weyr. Which is where we're going. No arguments, alright?"
MetalDawn71
Posted: Apr 14 2011, 10:29 PM

Wingleader

"Yeah, no arguments." Kalaht said in a boring but thankful voice. "Whereelse am I going to go?" He narrowed his eyes at the blue dragon for his remark. "Little human thing?!" He shook his head and let it go.

Kalaht was the type to not let anyone or anything to bring him down. "Alright. I'll need help." he told the bluerider sighing. Cautious he carefully approached the dragon. He had not been exposed to such a strange beast. "I have never seen a creature like you before yet I know a dragon when I see one." Kalaht said, evenly. "You know I would have come willingly if you had just asked or told me what you were here for. I'm sorry but, I don't visit the Weyr at all. My father told me that it was to be avoided. Of course, all that's changed now."
redwerecat
Posted: Apr 15 2011, 01:04 AM

BREAKER OF PHYSICS

The blue let out a long series of choked snorts, which L'ki recognized as laughter. He frowned muttering something incredibly rude under his breath, which only seemed to amuse the dark blue even more.

As well you should. Dragons are creatures worthy of your recognition, and it would be wise of you to remember that. But still- I apologize, small one. Fenrisurth said, again assuring the boy could hear him. Mine is very paranoid when it comes to lone people lurking in the jungle. He sees enemies everywhere. He started off lightly, as if he were joking, but his voice yet held a tone of gravity.

L'ki just sighed, and, ignoring the dragon, moved over to Kalaht.
"Here, I can help you up." He offered, half-lifting the boy to the dragon's neck. "There- just hold on to the straps for a second." He vaulted up right after, fiddling with the extra straps and getting them in place.
"Look, i'm sorry I scared you, kid, but really, it's not safe around...well...anywhere anymore. I'm just scared someday it ain't gonna be a refugee trapped pout here but a huter...and I don't trust ANYONE anymore."

He tried to tamp down the tiny sliver of guilt that had worked its way into him, and failed. Shards.
"Anyway. I'm sorry you got hurt. But I swear, not ALL dragons are evil. Just...some. And you know...Charth."

I LIKE her. Fenrisurth added, twisting his neck to watch his rider messing about on his back. Do you have a name boy? He slowly got to his feet, careful of the extra weight.

"He's right...we can't keep calling you boy. Though, honestly, once our candidate master gets a feel for you, you'll have a nickname anyway. Still...the Weyr isn't all full of monsters and rapists and crazies...we're pretty much normal, if you don't count the ink and the tenancy towards periodic flight-craze. But...why would your dad be telling people we were dangerous? I was under the impression most of the Trader families were at least aware we're their allies, even if they aren't fond of us. I don't think we've ever taken a Trade child by force, even..."
MetalDawn71
Posted: Apr 15 2011, 02:46 AM

Wingleader

"Kalaht. I am 13 Turns old. The reason why my father told me to avoid the Weyr was because my Uncle was killed by one of the animal-beasts..err..351s? He also said that these beasts live at the Weyr and to never go there because the dragons would eat me if did, or the riders would beat every inch of my life. That's why I ran the first time. My father was....biased to say the least." Kalaht sighed and raised his eyebrows. "Great lie huh. I suppose he was trying to turn me against the dragons of the south. My father was from the north. He didn't talk to much about where he was from though." he told L'ki. "It was like he was ashamed of where his home was."

Kalaht didn't get a whole lot of attention from his parents so it was a rarity anyone wanted to talk to the boy. "After my uncle's death, my father took a walk and he committed suicide. My mother however blamed me for his death and took the group and left and now i am alone, cold and hungry. I have had enough lonely days and nights are the worst. Yes, I know it isn't safe."
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5222 seconds | Archive