tumblr hit counter

Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Roadhouse.
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

Name:   Password:

We're in the process of moving over to Jcink Forums! If you're a returning member, please read THIS TOPIC. Otherwise, head on over to the new forum~ http://theroadhouse.b1.jcink.com
  REPLY | NEW TOPIC | NEW POLL

Guest Friendly Inquiries, Got a question? Post it here!
Ally
Posted: Jun 14 2011, 05:15 AM

☩ The False Prophet ☩
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Inquiries

Got a question that's a bit more in-depth than can be covered in the cbox? Maybe it's one of those weird hours where noone is around. Feel free to leave a comment here and let us know what you want to know! We'll do our best to get back to you in a timely manner.

Guest posting is turned on here, so you don't need to register an account.
Katie
Posted: Aug 28 2011, 10:39 AM

Unregistered

Hey everyone!

Since I love rpg's AND spn I want to join a nice forum. Anyway, looking through "the roadhouse" made me feel like I want to join this one. But before I do, I need to tell you that I am german. I live here and I never played in an english rpg BUT my english is quite good (at least I think so haha) and I watched the whole series in english (so I think I am quite familiar with everything in your language) that's why I want to take up this challenge. I think it'll be a good practice for myself and I'd be very happy if you let me take this challenge. (-;
Well of course I won't put a spell on this rpg if you rather don't want to have a foreigner on this forum. (-;

I'll wait for your reply. (:
Anyway,
ttys
KT. (:
Lilith
Posted: Aug 28 2011, 12:48 PM

Stockholm Syndrome Queen
Group Icon

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Katie @ Aug 28 2011, 03:39 PM)
Hey everyone!

Since I love rpg's AND spn I want to join a nice forum. Anyway, looking through "the roadhouse" made me feel like I want to join this one. But before I do, I need to tell you that I am german. I live here and I never played in an english rpg BUT my english is quite good (at least I think so haha) and I watched the whole series in english (so I think I am quite familiar with everything in your language) that's why I want to take up this challenge. I think it'll be a good practice for myself and I'd be very happy if you let me take this challenge. (-;
Well of course I won't put a spell on this rpg if you rather don't want to have a foreigner on this forum. (-;

I'll wait for your reply. (:
Anyway,
ttys
KT. (:

We don't discriminate one bit against non US people here! We welcome anyone and everyone as long as they're capable of reading and understanding the rules. Also, if there's something that's not quite clear enough for you, feel free to ask the admin for more information. You can also ask questions in the cbox too!
Camie
Posted: Oct 3 2011, 01:08 AM

Unregistered

Okay, so I'm the annoying guest who has a love for Angels -mostly because I love how dickish they are!- And I read in your rules that you aren't allowing OC Angels. I can understand why you would say that, they are powerful creatures and easily break the game. Though I was wondering if I could talk to an Admin about character concepts for one. I'm a pretty good Role player and I like to make things balance, and I completely hate god modding and making things not fun because of a powerful character. If you're just completely saying no to Angels that's fine, I'll go away and not bother you guys, but if you are interested in what I have to say about them and willing to work with me please let me know! I really would appreciate it : )

PS I really like the site, and it seems like it'll be a lot of fun

----Camie
Lilith
Posted: Oct 3 2011, 12:27 PM

Stockholm Syndrome Queen
Group Icon

QUOTE (Camie @ Oct 3 2011, 06:08 AM)
Okay, so I'm the annoying guest who has a love for Angels -mostly because I love how dickish they are!- And I read in your rules that you aren't allowing OC Angels. I can understand why you would say that, they are powerful creatures and easily break the game. Though I was wondering if I could talk to an Admin about character concepts for one. I'm a pretty good Role player and I like to make things balance, and I completely hate god modding and making things not fun because of a powerful character.  If you're just completely saying no to Angels that's fine, I'll go away and not bother you guys, but if you are  interested in what I have to say about them and willing to work with me please let me know! I really would appreciate it : )

PS I really like the site, and it seems like it'll be a lot of fun

----Camie

After discussing this with Lucifer we've decided that, for the foreseeable future, not to allow angel OCs. I'm sorry if this means you won't be applying here at the board, but please don't think that we want you to "go away and not bother" us. smile.gif If you have any other character concepts in mind don't hesitate to speak to one of the admin about it. We'd love to have you as a player. Though I must note, demons can be just as dickish as angels and are lots of fun to play!
Mindy
Posted: Nov 20 2011, 10:06 PM

Unregistered

Hi! Umm, when will the reserves on the canons be up?
Lilith
Posted: Nov 20 2011, 10:24 PM

Stockholm Syndrome Queen
Group Icon

QUOTE (Mindy @ Nov 21 2011, 03:06 AM)
Hi! Umm, when will the reserves on the canons be up?

Neither Dean nor Castiel are in game yet, so until the plot reaches season 4 they're not available for application. Sorry.
Buffy
Posted: Dec 11 2011, 03:35 PM

Unregistered

First of all, it's nice to find a RP forum that isn't too dark, too bright, has insanely small text and/or too muddled with random pictures all over. I don't know how people post on those types of boards. Stuff like that would kill my eyes. So I really think you guys have done a good job at making this place both look nice and easy on the eyes. =)

With that said, I have a couple of questions. I'm obviously considering joining and for my character, I'm leaning towards making a ghost. I couldn't find anything in the rules about them. Unless I happened to overlook it (I hope not!). The thing that concerns me, though, is... first of all, I want to be sure it'd be okay to make one? And second of all, would a ghost be hard for people to RP with? Obviously it'd defeat the purpose of making her, if no one could post with me. Being an admin of a forum myself, I've seen this type of thing happen a lot. The character can be really thought out and well written, but if it's too complicated, people just can't figure out how to reply. I don't have my ghost completely thought out yet, but clearly she's not human and she will be limited to a specific place. I can see this maybe making things difficult for me, which is why I'd like to have an opinion. Honestly, I'd probably be willing for her to be 'put to rest' eventually, since that's usually what happens in the show.

If the ghost idea doesn't seem like it'd work here, I'm willing to try and come up with something else. In that case, are there any specific type of characters that are needed right now? I'm kinda open for almost anything. Well except a canon. I'd love to play the Trickster, but he hasn't been in the show in a while, and it'd probably just be easier right now to make an OC. =)
Lilith
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 08:16 AM

Stockholm Syndrome Queen
Group Icon

QUOTE (Buffy @ Dec 11 2011, 08:35 PM)
First of all, it's nice to find a RP forum that isn't too dark, too bright, has insanely small text and/or too muddled with random pictures all over. I don't know how people post on those types of boards. Stuff like that would kill my eyes. So I really think you guys have done a good job at making this place both look nice and easy on the eyes. =)

With that said, I have a couple of questions. I'm obviously considering joining and for my character, I'm leaning towards making a ghost. I couldn't find anything in the rules about them. Unless I happened to overlook it (I hope not!). The thing that concerns me, though, is... first of all, I want to be sure it'd be okay to make one? And second of all, would a ghost be hard for people to RP with? Obviously it'd defeat the purpose of making her, if no one could post with me. Being an admin of a forum myself, I've seen this type of thing happen a lot. The character can be really thought out and well written, but if it's too complicated, people just can't figure out how to reply. I don't have my ghost completely thought out yet, but clearly she's not human and she will be limited to a specific place. I can see this maybe making things difficult for me, which is why I'd like to have an opinion. Honestly, I'd probably be willing for her to be 'put to rest' eventually, since that's usually what happens in the show.

If the ghost idea doesn't seem like it'd work here, I'm willing to try and come up with something else. In that case, are there any specific type of characters that are needed right now? I'm kinda open for almost anything. Well except a canon. I'd love to play the Trickster, but he hasn't been in the show in a while, and it'd probably just be easier right now to make an OC. =)

Thank you for the kind words about the layout! I'm sure Lucifer will be pleased to hear people like his work. smile.gif We like to keep things nice and readable here since both of us admin don't have the best eyesight in the world, and figure many others don't either.

I do believe that ghosts are allowed; we even have two characters in game, IIRC, that can see and talk to ghosts, so you'd have at least a couple people to pester/interact with! As long as you can justify your ghost I don't see why they wouldn't be allowed. As for interacting with characters who can't see them, well, there's always doing poltergeist-type things, like moving items about and leaving spooky messages in mirrors and windows and the like. smile.gif

We're not really looking for anything in particular, we try not to limit what people can play (for example, banning canons and only allowing OCs or vice-versa) as long as the concept will work with the board's plot and isn't a game breaker. And the Trickster is available for application if you'd enjoy playing him! Who knows what sorts of trouble he's been getting into after all.
Lucifer
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 08:26 AM

Lord Wiener of the Fingerlakes
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

Aaa, yes, I love layout feedback. <3<3

Ghosts are indeed allowed, though I know they're not on the main character type list. I can poke around the Supernatural RPG books (which I take a lot of our lore/information from) and see if there's anything really special that might need pointed out, but you're probably pretty safe sticking to normal ghost legends and such.

I definitely think you'd get some play as a ghost, as Lilith said, we do have one ~ghost whisperer~ (I can't remember who the other is and I feel bad now!) and, from to my knowledge, it always seemed like ghosts could 'show' themselves to regular mortals, if need be. Maybe I should write up some ghost information!

As for your ghost being stuck to a specific place, there's always the option of having a small plot where she's released from there, but not yet ready to move on? /ideas

Yeah, The Trickster is open currently (and probably has been up to shenanigans). We've been lucky to not be overloaded with one or two character types yet, so there's nothing we're really desperate for. We have hunters, two werewolves, a vampire, a demon, and a poor, lone Winchester.
Buffy
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 01:33 PM

Unregistered

You're very welcome. =) My eyesight isn't what it used to be, either, so I was really happy when I found this place. ^.^

Anyways, thank you both for the information and ideas. I definitely feel more comfortable making a ghost now. It may take me a couple of days to get her together, but the thought of playing a ghost sounds really fun. I don't think I've ever officially played one in all my years of RPing!

As for the Trickster, I think I'll stick with an OC first. As I said, I would love to play him. He's one of my favorite characters. But he'd take a lot more thought and research because I would want to play him right. lol

But again, thank you. I'll be working on my ghost now and looking forward to joining you guys. And one last thing before I go... when I saw the Ghostfacers on the canon list, it brought a laugh outta me. I had completely forgot about those guys! That episode was so funny!
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

OPTIONS REPLY | QUICK REPLY | NEW TOPIC | NEW POLL

Member Legend

Administrator
Members
Hunters
Mortals
Psychics
Vampires
Werewolves
Monsters
Demons
Angels
Contact Info
AIM: spnroadhouse
E-Mail: spnroadhouse @ gmail.com
Tumblr: spnroadhouse.tumblr.com

IN-GAME DATE :: JULY 2008

AFFILIATED WITH & LISTED AT
RPG-D redcarpet&&rebellion. Shadowplay

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3839 seconds | Archive
Sidebar skinned by Blue Bloods @ RPG-D | Board skinned by Ally @ thesintax
toggle cbox