Create your own social network with a free forum.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Staryards.com. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The SFC F5 as a D5 error, How come they pass the f5 off as a D5??
Panzergranate
Posted: Jul 16 2006, 03:05 AM

Ensign

Group: Members
Member No.: 6

One of the first things that I noticed on playing the SFC game initially was the fact that I was seeing the F5 frigate passed off as the D5 was cruiser.

I used to play SFB back in the 1980's and as an abid D5H tug user I know what a D5 should look like.

Anyone want a picture of what a D5 actually looks like I E-mail them DPs of the whitemetal D5 model I still have. They are the ugly sister of the D6/D7 by the way.

Ironically the game runs the L22 Bird of Prey as the F5/F6 which I also have a model of.

I've added in D10, D11 and D12 (The D12 is in the TNG episode Yesterday's Enterprise) which is the Light Cruiser variants based on the ird of Prey hull. The game does run the DWC which is a D10 variant.

We play mainly multiplayer games here an so run a huge and varied fleet drawn from Star Fleet Battles and the various literature.

Generally we run variants that can pass on existing models.

NCLs can pass a FH Miranda, FH+ Cyane, FFB Knox, FFF Daran, FFF+ Darter, FFH Decisive, HTT Hensley, CLP Swazey (Orion Scetor), DH Detroyat and DH+ Menghal.

FFFs can pass as FFM, FFP, FFS, FFV, DDL Kovaris (exactly) and a few others.

FCA can be PA 1010 Akyazi, Asia Class PLs for Orion Sector.

Until the models turn up, we make do with these.

Perhap there should be a wish list for practical models for the modellers to work on.
Like I stated earlier, anyone want a go at the proper D5, I have a physical model to go on!!

Andy.

« Next Oldest | Starfleet Command Series | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
Learn More · Register Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0893 seconds | Archive