Welcome to Stars Over the Atlantic, a Play-By-Post RPG centering around the extraordinary history of the Titanic. We are a Mature , advanced/intermediate site. We do have a general post length requirement, but not a word count. (Two Paragraphs, where possible)
If you’re interested in joining us, head on over to take a look at the rules, the FAQ, and the application. Say hello in the chatbox as well – we love to hear when someone is considering joining us! We welcome all newcomers – an extensive knowledge of the ship and the time period is not required. We have knowledgeable staff and a help/resources forum.
We need THIRD CLASS and SHIP'S CREW characters!
We’re looking forward to plotting and posting with you!
Site best viewed in FIREFOX
Vote for us at Elite. Click HERE
NEWS & UPDATES
As you can see, the site has undergone a pretty new skin change. If you notice any glitches or problems, please let us know. It’s also important to note the changes in forum organization – this is because we are in fact ready to set sail! Get your characters on board the Titanic and let’s get the fun times started! Guests/newbies, it’s not too late to join in! Fill out your character applications and join us!
Click on the name to be taken to character info.
CHAT WITH US
Credit for STARS OVER THE ATLANTIC goes to all the incredible people who helped make this site possible. The site itself belongs to Cara and Kai, who started it up in November of 2010.
All characters, plots, graphics, etc belong to their creators.
Skin was created by Serendipity of ATF.
Create a free forum in seconds.
|Welcome to Stars Over The Atlantic. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Captain of the RMS Titanic
Member No.: 1
Joined: 13-October 10
- Our site rating is M. There is the possibility of sexual content,
drinking/alcohol, violence and swearing. You must be over 13
years of age to join (InvisionFree’s rule) and you need to be mature
enough to handle the above mentioned content. Which isn’t to say your
characters need to swear, drink, or have sex. But you need to be able to
keep from having a meltdown if the characters around yours lead less
than “exemplary” lifestyles.
- No plagiarism. Period. Try and pass someone else’s work off as your
own and you will be promptly banned, no exceptions. That includes the
applications of other people (regardless of what site it’s from), using
codes without crediting, graphics without crediting, etc. If something
on your app doesn’t line up, style-wise, with the rest of your app we
WILL run a search to see if it’s been nabbed from elsewhere. We take
- All threads containing mature content must have an “M” in the title.
That goes for both IC posts and OOC posts (like in the general chat area).
- Mature content must be kept out of the cbox. Please also try to keep
swearing to a minimum in the cbox. Use your discretion and your
common sense and don’t make us talk to you about it please.
- No spamming. It’s not cool, and we don’t like it.
- Play nice with the other members. We don’t want to have to break up
elementary school style fights. We’re here to run a RP site, not a
- We currently have a temporary ban on first class passengers. We’re
also requesting that you try to make characters who do not come from
England, just because there are so many of them currently (but
that isn’t an official ban, just a request.) This does not include canons or
member requested characters.
- Register with a First Middle and Last name. Proper punctuation. Like
this >> Kayleigh Brigid O’Riley. NOT like this >> KAYLEIGH BRIGID
O'RILEY, Kayleigh O’Riley, Kayleigh or ILOVEPENGUINS. If you mess
up, PM a staff member and nicely ask them to fix it for you. Do NOT post
an application before your name has been changed!
- For pretty graphics and stuff, avatars max out at 150x200, and
signatures at 500x250. If your graphics stretch the board, we'll ask you
to resize them.
- If you have posted an app-in-progress, you have one week/7 days to
finish it before it becomes inactive.
- You must post your application in the PENDING APPLICATIONS
subforum. Nowhere else, because it’ll be removed. The pending
applications subforum is password protected. Please keep reading for
- If you want to make a new character, you need at least 15 IC posts for
each of your existing characters first.
- Do not harass us in the cbox to get to your application. We’ll get to it
when we have a chance. It could be well be that we’re talking it over
between ourselves and sometimes we get busy.
- If you finish your app, please reply to it saying it’s finished. If, after
three days, no one has gotten to it, feel free to PM one of the staffers.
- Do NOT post until your application has been ACCEPTED by the staff.
- Try to post once a week with each character. If that isn’t possible, post
in the absences forum. Stuff comes up, we understand.
- Use a grammar- and spell-checker before posting. Most internet
browsers have this built in; if yours doesn't, run your post through a
program that will catch spelling and grammatical errors.
- Posts should be at least three paragraphs; a paragraph is 5-8 sentences.
There should be enough for other players to reply to. The pending
applications subforum password is duplicity.
- Please post in the right forum - don't post in Linking Back or Accepted
Advertisements if we haven't posted on your site yet.
- Our advertising forum is guest-friendly. Yours must be too.
- Please preview your advertisement before posting; if you have
graphics that stretch the board, we'll have to take them down.
- Don't advertise in your signature.
By applying to join our site, you are stating that you agree to
abide by these rules. If you are caught breaking any of our rules,
you may be temporarily suspended, banned and/or reported to
Invisionfree. The rules exist so that everyone can enjoy their
time here, and it is imperative that you follow them.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)