[Desmond CH.2] Royal matters, [ tag: Nuada - open]
Desmond Alucard
Posted: Mar 13 2011, 03:19 PM

I'm alone, in the dark
Group Icon

Group: B.P.R.D.
Member No.: 8

Date: 2008 October 24

Smoking was a bad habit, but when it really necessary could not do otherwise ...
The hard and handsome face of the man snorted off a puff of smoke watching the city lights from the bridge. Resting his elbows on the railing his cold blue eyes watched the traffic in the streets and people moving in the distance like little exasperated ants .

The city was a pretty depressing landscape, Desmond had never liked the too busy ones, chaos, electronics and other modern gimmick. It was like hearing a symphony of annoying noises.
Relaxing his broad shoulders for a moment enjoyed of the last moments of his cigarette before throwing it off on the ground and pressing his foot over it.
It was quite late, the sun had set by now and very likely would have spent those few hours of freedom on his couch sipping a beer, excluding the hypothesis that the Boureau call ed him because the world had fallen upside down in the meantime, of course.

Sometimes wondered on why kept on work there, the Boureau now turned into a governmental structure like others and had lost its meaning. When he arrived the first day there was like being in the right place for the first time, there was the promise of seeing the world for what it was in order to keep the equilibrium of which of the world not even suspected but now... seemed to have become just a damn puppet with arms and legs who obeyed to men in suits. God, what a mess ...

He blew away the last breath of smoke and put his hands in the pockets of his leather jacket, his tall and imposing figure watched the city lights and traffic in the distance.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Prince Nuada
Posted: Mar 14 2011, 12:41 AM

"We will not fade."
Group Icon

Group: Elf
Member No.: 2

user posted image user posted image user posted image
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
The prince had been observing the city from afar, completely disgusted with what had become of the world that once was. The old world. Before the changes created by man, in their lust for greed. Doing whatever they could to earn an extra nickel. All but one, it would seem. The prince's gaze fell upon the man, smoking while watching the city. Narrowing his eyes, the prince wondered what this man would be doing so close to the Troll Market. Could it be that someone betrayed their location? There seemed to be more humans on the prowl these days.

"You look troubled." The prince stated coldly from the shadows, not yet allowing himself to be seen. It was rare that he would speak to a human, but the prince was well informed. He was aware of this BPRD that stalked the night to rid the world of any threat toward mankind. These agents who were, much like himself, non existent to the human world. The man was smoking, a sign of stress. The prince scoffed. "Could you be troubled because the mindlessness of your kinds actions are at long last taking their tolls?" He inquired.

Smoking was a nasty habit, and the mans eyes seemed to be despairing over the city on the horizon. "The worlds a lie." Nuada pushed, stepping into the light, just enough to hint at his figure. "Don't be deceived, Agent of the BPRD. It will take more than a few simple words to change the reality of things."

It was true. It would take much more action, though with his hand resting on his spear the prince had anticipated to rid the world of one more human. He was silly to have revealed himself to another. Especially one of the agents of the BPRD. Of course he couldn't end the human here, the special task force of the BPRD would trace it back to him here. So for now, he would not be the prince. He would be a civilian of the troll market. Undertaking an alias, no one, especially this agency, would get between him and his ultimate goal: Awakening the army.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Desmond Alucard
Posted: Mar 14 2011, 01:19 PM

I'm alone, in the dark
Group Icon

The muffled noise coming from the distant streets did not stop Desmond from hear a light sound, almost like wind, and finally a breath and a scent that was added to his. He was surprised to realize that actually there was someone there with him, when a mellifluous voice spoke coldly ironic Desmond turned his face hard and impassive to a vague point of the many dark corners and not illuminated by street lamps and trying in silence to pick up from where precisely the sound came from but after a while his mind showed him with an image , like a painful flash and realized that someone would have soon made a step out from the dark. Being able to see things a few moments before they happened was a curse, but he had to admit, it was a very good luck sometimes.
"Yeah, it happens at the end of a day that have to be forget"ironically noticed pretending to get along his will while looking at the precise point where his mind had warned him of someone's arrival.

The voice spoke again and Desmond supposed that could belong to someone as seemingly young. He was good to reconstruct the facts but there was something strange in that presence. It was like seeing an approaching predator , curious and dangerous at the same time. Desmond seemed impassive in front of the new observation of the unknown spectator until patiently smirked "Maybe. The end comes for all, and all empires collapse sooner or later" he remarked quietly.

When finally saw him step out of the darkness, Desmond's imposing figure stood silently upright and with a slight tilt of the head on one side the man smiled, watching intently the other, "An elf. I should have guessed. Few speaks with so much hatred of the noisy and avid mass called humanity "not at all surprised, Desmond had seen a creature like that but certainly did not suspect he was the prince of the whole clan. Desmond instead was part of the mass, even though at the eyes of mankind he would have appeared like an anomaly, an outcast because of his paranormal abilities.

"Wise words, sir" his wisdom was synonymous of danger, although he had the look of a boy Desmond knew that those noble creatures could live for thousands of years and therefore be dangerous because of their vast knowledge of things ... however, was still trying to figure out if was harmless or not but judging by the sword that his fingers touched every now and then received the confirmation that could be an underworld citizen as much as a skilled and formidable warrior. In any case, his mind would have anticipated what would have been his intentions, at least in time to fight back if necessary.
"By chance I have invaded some forbidden ground? Didn't seem to have read one of your warnings in the neighborhood" his deep voice was calm and indifferent but like few others, Desmond was aware of the messages left on the poles, old advertising posters and even messages passed off as creative murals on buildings, all to warn that you may be entering in a territory protected by trolls and elves like him. In any case he was for the theory to not provoke if your wish was to not be provoked, and had never tried to disturb or snoop too much in places like the Troll Market.
The blue eyes met the ocher one of the elf and peered through "Strange however, that a man has caught your eye. ... I should be honored or scared?" Relaxing the strong shoulders by shrugging them a bit as soon as the man came back to take a quick look at the traffic below the bridge.

This post has been edited by Desmond Alucard on Mar 14 2011, 01:21 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^
Prince Nuada
Posted: Mar 18 2011, 12:19 AM

"We will not fade."
Group Icon

The gentleman claimed that it was routine for him, that it occurred at the end of days that he desired to forget. The prince had planned on going to the city to gain more information on his plans for the near future, though he had not expected this. Nuada, skeptical of the amount of humans spending time so close to the marketplace, was beginning to wonder if someone really was betraying their location to the sluggish idlers known as humans. Suddenly aware of the background noises, the prince again looked forward to the day that the humans would rue their decision to spread industry. It was loud, dirty, and detrimental to the world they lived in. The gods would be ashamed of these foul creatures and their lust for power. Glowering, the prince was unable to push aside his hatred for man kind. They were not the chosen! They were nothing! Nobody!

Sour thoughts plaguing the princes mind, his hardened gold eyes met the humans. The man represented everything that Nuada had grown to hate, even if only by association. “The end does come, but how does one react to such trials when they are faced with them?” Nuada questioned, feeling contaminated by being in the very presence of a human. “The end will come, but where has your kind gone wrong? Why are you wasting your lives with things that do not matter? Trivial desires for things like love?” Nuada paused to make a point, it was so ridiculous that these humans thought themselves capable of love. “They're just words for your kind! To your kind the world revolves around shopping, 'I wants', and greed. When will your kind have enough?”

Nuada's words were laced with anger, and he practically spit them out. Just seeing the face of an inferior creature made him aware of the loathing that was buried deep within him. “Yes, I am an elf.” Nuada stated shortly. “You are a human.” He continued. “And I am asking you, human, is there any point in sparing your kind? Is there any honor left to your people? Because from where I'm standing there is not.” Looking to irritate the man as he had been irritated by his presence, Nuada honestly wondered if humans had any respect for honor or the code in this day and age. They had all ready forgotten their purpose, and the gods, there was not much hope left for them.

Taken aback by the man stating his previous words were wise, Nuada's golden gaze turned into one of bewilderment. All humans were the same, so how was this possible? He noticed the mans eyes move to his weapons. Nuada quirked a brow in response. “Forbidden ground?” Nuada interrogated, amusement biting into his tone of voice. “This entire world is forbidden. Rest assured, however, that it is not yet your time to die.” Nuada stated bluntly. The man was on edge, but there would be no purpose in killing him so close to the Troll Market. It would alert the authorities to strange happenings, and although the entrance to the Market had never been found by the authorities before, Nuada had no intentions on risking the safety of the people whom he had returned from exile to protect.

Drawing in a deep breath, the prince owed no apologies. “The question of honor is for you to decide.” Nuada stated, standing beside the human and almost mimicking his posture as he stared at the traffic below with the stranger. “Perhaps there is hope for your kind, even if I am too blind to see it.” He stated, hating the taste of the venomous words leaving his mouth.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Desmond Alucard
Posted: Mar 19 2011, 05:54 PM

I'm alone, in the dark
Group Icon

Desmond stared at him in silence pretending to be totally disinterested or absolutely not surprised by his presence there but it was obviously the opposite in fact. First, it was really strange that an elf approached so self-confident to a human without fearing the consequences or for the simple fact that humans had always been of few interest before their eyes. Instead, this one seemed to have an accurate opinion of them and had taken the chance to say openly what he thought ... a bit too openly, perhaps. Desmond smiled but just not in defiance and with wise diplomacy showed to listen intently. Even if the elf before him perhaps had centuries of life and experience over his shoulders, that what seemed an outburst of a young man really tired to have been silent for too long. The rush was appreciable, Desmond loved a bit of emphasis especially when remembered to have fought alongside avid coffee drinkers and for too long. Even if his thinking was against humanity, appreciated the chance to have different "conversation" than the usual.

Desmond didn't "hate" anything, there was nothing that would arouse in him an emotion so great like that and perhaps no one knew exactly what it meant, Desmond had never abused of the word but it seemed that the other had a clear thought about it and was trying to provoke him. Maybe he was human and therefore weak for nature but a bit of cunning was always helpful "Trivial Desires? Love? .. Humans often fails at one thing for success in another. This intention, good or bad, often characterizes us but perhaps it's just a waste of time. Obviously we may be the most convoluted anomaly that exists on earth really for our attempts to do the right thing and end to do the wrong one just for love" Desmond smiled " Have you never been in love with something that is worth for the waste of your time?. Anyway I hope to have satisfied your curiosity "keeping an enigmatic as long as quiet smile on his lips.

Before his words Desmond shrugged, "Apparently yes. I'm human" he said with irony, but then the man looked at him firmly "Honor? Honor is just a word like the love is in your opinion, are the facts to prove everything . If will come the day when humanity will have to prove it then we will know if we always knew what it meant ... or at least we can still learn what it is. Yes or no isn't going to will tell you neither true nor false "in response to his irritated look with another quiet smile.

He realized that he had managed to surprise him, but Desmond did not have to prove anything "Thank God,"he said with no tone of exclamation or real relief ".. Although it is easier to be said than to be done" decided to don't add more.

His attempt to achieve a greater composure in front of him nearly made him miss a laugh, mostly in sympathy and surprise before someone so stubborn and proud at the same time but continued to watch the traffic like the other did. "You could be right" he said back to look at him but raised an eyebrow "Or maybe not ... and perhaps this race can still surprise you. Let me ask...if the decision would be up to you, would you give them a chance to prove you that?" Desmond's deep look was on him after have firmly said those words.

"What led you to come here and talk to me, by the way ? Even if I'm enjoying of this conversation, I doubt that's just for that" said after his deep but placid voice .

This post has been edited by Desmond Alucard on Mar 19 2011, 06:01 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^
Prince Nuada
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 11:17 PM

"We will not fade."
Group Icon

Nuada held his gaze in momentary silence, seeing through the mans facade. While it was true that men wore the face of being uninterested, it was often the case of trying to establish a comfort zone, or something similar in nature according to the prince's studies of the human mind. The prince hadn't studied elaborately, as humans disinterested him.

While it was true that they were capable of great things, they had lost sight of the gods and had sold their souls to materialistic natures such as greed and shopping. Two sins that go hand in hand. Surprised by the mans willingness to listen, Nuada stopped speaking, unable to comprehend what had just happened. Usually the man would be dead without sharing any words at all, but something seemed different. 

After the moment of silence had been disturbed by the humans speech, Nuada thought to himself for a moment reflecting on the words of the creature alike, yet so alien. Until the man asked Have you never been in love with something that is worth for the waste of your time? Nuada flared, he shot a look of daggers at Desmond before contemplating the question seriously. Scoffing, he turned and looked over the horizon.

Not meeting Desmond's eyes he stated, “I love someone very much.” His thoughts returned to his sister Nuala, how she must have aged. He hadn't seen her since the war of man, though his bones ached to see her again. “I'm fated to be hers for eternity, for we share a soul.” He stated, forgetting the man was a human for a moment. “Yet, the fates have not been so kind.” Nuada explained. “I am a warrior, and I do what I must to protect our people, for without protecting them, there is no world for us. Our kind is fading.” He stated truthfully. 

The moment passed as the man reminded him, via agreement, that he was a human. Irritated further, Nuada frowned. The man was trying to hold a conversation with him, which was a first time for Nuada. Humans would beg for their life, or go onto tell him about how their kind functioned, as if his thousands of years hadn't taught him that. Though this man seemed different. The man was wearing a subtle smile when Nuada wondered, “Then how do we find life's answers?” Did this human know? Would the fates have gifted a human with such knowledge?

”Let me ask...if the decision would be up to you, would you give them a chance to prove you that?"

The question echoed in his mind and he was overcome with rage and hatred. “No.” He stated evenly. “While I would like to believe we could co-exist, I fear that your kind would sooner forget the kindness my people have all ready shown.” Nuada folded his arms. “Your people have run mine into hiding, they have forgotten the truce, and the gods, and we are paying for it. They have destroyed our earth, and for what?” Nuada asked frowning, disturbed by the very thought of industrial gain.

“You are a bit too close for comfort.” Nuada stated as an answer to 'what led you to speak with me'. “There are things that I am willing to kill to protect, but having spoken with you, your life will not end this day.” There was something still off about Desmond, something Nuada would wait to see.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Desmond Alucard
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 05:01 PM

I'm alone, in the dark
Group Icon

The question did not seem to please him though he answered and what the elfin warrior said left him doubtful about what to think, not suspecting that there was more than a platonic meaning in what he said. Meanwhile listened his answer Desmond caught in his voice a bit of regret and nostalgia , was evident that the person of whom was talking about was someone who loved very much but it seemed like there was an obstacle too big or a too big disappointment ...
"And the solution is then fill ourselves with hate and forget what we love?." Although his wasn't a question but rather an attempt to know if the other had already chose his fate. Desmond looked at him realizing that his was a considerable effort but was hoping that the resentment heard in every word that was not so rooted. There was something different, something unique about that elf and know that such a dangerous feeling corroded him inexplicably saddened Desmond . The last thing the world needed was to lose people like them in a crusade too dangerous, too violent, too cruel ... and above all by themselves. The war was something that Desmond had lived and death couldn't be never forget.

Desmond looked at him with a weak smile and shrugged his shoulders "Only by living, I suppose ..." knew that his words were too poor of mean for his need of answers but Desmond added "But I can tell you how I would look for them. You have the luck to live for a long time ... centuries ... but my life if compared to yours its barely just a moment, then why not live it as best as possible?. You protect your people, I'm trying to protect anyone in need of protection without distinction, in fact ... I live my life by letting others live theirs. I do not know if this is the life's answer but certainly comforts the short life that I have " said with a faint smile. Pity that out the Boureau humanity itself considered him not human at all, but Desmond coexisted with that situation since years now.

Desmond raised his hand in apology and looked at him "I did not mean to disrespect your people" but then added "But I can say it is unfair to condemn which is imperfect from the beginning. If your people was able to show understanding and wisdom why they had not become a guide rather than an opponent, and then just a memory that now furtively and fearfully hides in the alleys? Alas, I think both sides was wrong even before the deal but now it's late we can only choose what to do of our present in the best possible way "Desmond looked down the bridge "My life ended exactly thirty years ago ..." said emotionless . After a while of silence his broad shoulders bent in a half bow "but it is a pleasure that a member of the royal family granted me the honor of a conversation and spared my life" with a brief smile politely pointed to his golden belt on which was engraved the royal symbol of Bethmoora.

"Forgive my silence before this moment but a good enemy is a better person than a false friend and who does not want to reveal his name has always has a reason. However, the royal seal of the children of the earth is unmistakable although the last time I saw it I was just a lad " he admitted, smiling now respectfully.

This post has been edited by Desmond Alucard on Mar 27 2011, 05:02 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^
Prince Nuada
Posted: Apr 3 2011, 12:49 AM

"We will not fade."
Group Icon

"And the solution is then fill ourselves with hate and forget what we love?”

Ordinarily Nuada would have assumed that the question had been rhetorical, though the conversation with this human was interesting to say the least. It was rare that the prince felt himself connected to any other being, let alone a being as corrupted as a human. The question triggered a momentary lapse of internal hatred, and Nuada's cold eyes fixated on Desmond.

“The solution is different for everyone, I do not replace love with hate. I still love her, though she cannot love me in return. Humans... The humans have earned their shadow of hatred because of their actions. Their greed. Their egotistical mannerisms.”

Nuada could list these flaws all day and all night, until he was blue in the face, but never once did he expect a mere human to understand such quirks to be anything other than their reality. How could they even begin to believe that their actions actually impacted others, especially when the others in question did not exist in their minds? Creatures such as elves were merely myths and legends, and they of course had forgotten that all legends stem from truth. Although this one seemed a bit more open minded than the rest. Could it be true that the faith of the old world still lingered in some of these despicable creatures?

This man shared his strategy for finding answers with the prince, though the prince remained unmoved. Shouold answers be so simple to come by, the world would be rich in them. Sighing, the prince shook his head. “Centuries are not enough to find the sorts of answers this world is in desperate need of. You are different, perhaps. Many humans, your kind, have forgotten their purpose. Instead they fight in merciless, meaningless wars, and run from the fact that there are answers they have not yet pursued. Or worse... Questions they haven't thought to ask. Comforts?” Nuada asked raising a brow. “Tell me. Can these comforts be bought, or are your comforts also lacking in material worth? Are you as different from the others as you sound?” The inquiry was blunt. Speaking with humans, as if they were worthy of respect, was not in the princes nature. The fact that the conversation had drawn out so long was surprising.

Nuada inhaled frustrated. “What good does talking to the condemned accomplish when they are closed minded to anything being more intelligent than them?” Nuada countered. “Why should I, or any of my people, waste words of wisdom that merely fall upon deaf ears?” Taking a few deep breaths, Nuada leaned in, his face close to Desmond's.

“You say that my people did not guide yours, but you were not alive thousands of years to see it. We tried to co-exist with these monsters known as humans, they started a war with us. For land? That was their excuse. They started a war because they are far too stubborn with their short lives to hear words of truth. They will forever live impulsively, and forget that there is more to life than their own instant gratification.” He spat, his eyes telling another story than the one he had been accused of. “My people, are trapped now. Prisoners of a world that they have been exiled from. By who? Men.”

A moment passed in stillness as the prince recovered from his aggravated rant. He did not seek the forgiveness of something of the realm of man, though he shook his head in acknowledgement. “Thirty years ago. What happened thirty years ago?” The man recognized the seal of Bethmora which in result rendered the prince speechless. “How do you know this seal, son of man?” He inquired. Pausing he contemplated the words. “I am Prince Nuada of Silverlance, son of Balor.” He introduced.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Desmond Alucard
Posted: Apr 3 2011, 11:48 PM

I'm alone, in the dark
Group Icon

If the elf was asking if was different from the rest of his kind Desmond knew in part how answer to that question but as he watched his golden eyes did not know precisely how to . The elfin man seemed so bitter and hateful towards humans that anything said to to calm him down would certainly have been useless at the moment . Talk about himself ? Had never been easy to talk about himself and now he was struggling to psychoanalyze himself to give an acceptable answer to the other. He felt vaguely at ease when talking to him but how could that be possible?
"You're asking me to answer to question that, not only an human but I think any sentient being, couldn't avoid to sound immodest and presumptuous " said smirking with the hands in his pockets and raising an blond eyebrow looked at him "Maybe you'll find out alone. I do not think anyone else could so good to judge this at this point "the playful irony wasn't apparently showed on his quiet and impassive hard face.

Face to face with him, Desmond held his gaze without moving an inch , was probably like to see two rocks try to move each other, as well as notice the rare birthmark that ran across the bridge of his nose and crossing his face cheek to cheek "But now I'm alive to see if it will happen. If won't maybe we will meet our extinction anyway and your people will have the satisfaction of seeing the overwhelming power of nature over men as it should be but I wonder if fighting against each other all of us have broken a balance by writing the sad end of both our kind in a different way? " then Desmond smiled patiently, "If humanity is not destined to survive, the answer will come in one way or another, there is an end for all. It would be useless to try to say now who is right or who is wrong, do not you think? "

There was a long moment of silence, Desmond's eyes were still looking at the traffic below them when he decided to break it "Thirty years ago I died for twenty-seven seconds and I can say to be completely since then, even if I'm actually breathing and walking , as you can see" Desmond chose not to add more, if the elf decided to ask more he would have to find a way to explain several things, which was difficult. As always.

Desmond shrugged "Let's say many of us have not forgotten at all and there are those who still believe in the lineage of the Sons of the Earth. I'm old enough, in my miserable human life, to recognize the royal seal in the few but beloved times I've seen it in the most distant corners of this Earth. "Desmond had traveled the world and saw things that was better to forget, others were still vivid in his memory. Desmond was a bit surprised and the look of his eyes betrayed him. He expected that was going to introduce himself like a guard or warrior and not like the prince, not like the exiled heir. "Silverlance? ... The heir to the throne?." Desmond was left speechless for a while before say "Bloody hell". Immediately raised a bit his hand in a gesture of apology "I'm sorry your highness but the last time I heard your name I was just a boy. Believe me, I never expected to talk with the prince of the Sons of the Earth, the trolls bards down at the market still sings of you during the golden age. When you fought alongside the King, your father " Desmond did not seem to worry when showed a friendly note of admiration in his voice. "Your father will be glad of your return, I've no doubt".

This post has been edited by Desmond Alucard on Apr 3 2011, 11:52 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^
Prince Nuada
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 05:19 PM

"We will not fade."
Group Icon

Nuada glanced at the human, satisfied by the answer that was given. “Good judgement comes from experience, while experience comes from bad judgement.” Nuada quoted under his breath. Most humans were quick to rouse, and faster to anger. Known for spewing words of hatred and anger that could not be taken back once the damage had been delivered. This man seemed different, Nuada loathed himself internally for finding comfort in words of the unchosen race, a single man for that matter. A n expression of burlesque flickered across Desmond's face, leaving the prince to wonder what had caused this sudden shift of appearance. “A little secret, Son of Man. A major advantage of age is one studies to learn, learns to understand, and understands to judge.” Beneath the mans wise gaze, Nuada sensed there was something more to him still. “Your name, son of man?” He sought. This was one of the very few times the prince had wondered about the identity of a human, in his eyes, they were lower than dogs, but this one had managed to preserve at least a piece of lifes meaning... Unlike many of his brothers in kin.

“A waste of words, perhaps.” Nuada disagreed indiscreetly. “While we live, we fight to preserve what we are. That is a similarity that we have had with man from the beginning, yet we had a truce with men long ago, in ages past.” Nuada began, uncertain of how far the mans education of fantasy creatures reached. “No race is destined to survive, those who survive are the ones who are fit to. The ones who claim their lives when the balance is broken.” A foreboding aura surrounded the prince as the quiet, yet dangerous words followed. “Should our previous battles have disrupted the natural course of balance, I assure you it will not be us that will fade. Should we fade, the world would be poorer for it. I warn you now, Son of Man, that the time is nearer than you might think. We will rise up, and humans will be forced to understand nature first hand.”

The silence eventually faded into words, spoken by Desmond as he oversaw the traffic, seemingly intrigued by the humans going about their daily routines. Much like the way of worker ants, who would burrow the same passages day to day to dig themselves into a deeper hole. “Thirty years is a long time for a human. What befell you that you fell to such an untimely end?” Nuada wondered without thinking, forgetting yet again that Desmond belonged to the enemy race. A deep grudging, unsettling feeling swept through Nuada's bones. He could not be so quick to trust this man, as this man should not be so quick to trust him. He would find out more, his own way. If this man knew of elves, he likely belonged to the BPRD, which meant someone else would of course hold the answers that he sought. Someone naive and weak-minded, a human.

Nuada let out a cold laugh at the thought of his father welcoming his returned. “My father will undoubtedly be more concerned with the reasons behind my return, not the return itself.” The prince concluded, glancing back in the direction of the troll market. “I made an oath to my people, and as a Son of the Earth, I will not go back on my word.” Eyes turning again to the man he had a flood of questions of his own. “You know who I am... That leaves me wondering again who are you?” It was not like the prince to ask twice, but he wanted to make sure this creature was legit, a sincere human was extremely hard to come by in this day and age.

--------------------
user posted image
^
Desmond Alucard
Posted: Apr 4 2011, 10:53 PM

I'm alone, in the dark
Group Icon

Desmond looked at him while seemed in conflict while listened him to speak. His words wavered between impulsive anger and infinite wisdom, but the elf's appearance was deceiving even for Desmond's eyes that watched the conflict manifest itself in that creature of approximate age, looked like a young man at least in appearance. Desmond knew hadn't to be deceived by appearances and knew that magical creatures aged differently such as the fact that they aged differently from humans, most likely the elf before him could be aged a thousand years and still be considered a boy by his people as far as far as he knew.
What was sure was that he did not like to be underestimated and Desmond wasn't going to do it, not for fear or else but because firmly believed he deserved respect by who, like him, knew what it meant to fight for something. Liked his enthusiasm and his eagerness but it still seemed hard to trust though Desmond did not seem worried.

"You look so tired to stand, I see" made sure that his words not sounded disrespectful, be conciliatory was in his nature "maybe you're right and the children of the earth will survive. If this is the fate I can not help to be saddened to lose what I love, the sad weakness of humans is perhaps selfishly thinking about what we love rather than thinking about the end of life itself "showed a bitter smile and shrugged"If that day will come I hope for clemency , not for me but for who probably will still walk on this land . Not everyone are so evil as you think, it's hard to believe but I hope one day you will back to trust "

Desmond thinned his eyes a bit amazed before his interest but then smiled politely and seemed to find the right words to answer or at least find a way to explain what he became from that day. Maybe was doing something rash because once done the elf was going to get answers to many things especially about him but Desmond chose to have trust "Thirty years ago I had an accident that killed my mother and my life changed drastically ... with that of someone else dear to me. For twenty-seven seconds, or at least that was the estimated time, I lost all connection with my body, but obviously not with this land. When I awoke I was able to see things happen seconds, minutes, hours, and days before the others as well as develop a strong telepathy with who shared with me that momentary death "Desmond was silent for a moment like if each word was heavy " for this reason I replied several times that death is easier to be said than to be done for me . I may predict my end and decide whether to accept or not ... so how could I foresee the end of the others. Perhaps this may answer your curiosity on why I want preserve life like you do ?. But often I don't handle of this power at will, seems to be often involuntary. Many call says it's a gift but I strongly disagree with who ways this way "a quick and emotionless laugh followed these words.

He was so surprised , the prince self-imposed his exile marked the sunset of the golden age of his people. Desmond knew about the legend of the dawn when men and elves struggled for dominance over the land and the pact that followed but that seemed to drag the magical world in a deadly silence. The prince was then back to mark the dawn of a new era as well as in the past marked the end of the previous? . Desmond frowned slightly before starting to see things more clear and hoping to be wrong about many . After a moment of silence, nodded with an almost elegant movement of the head "My bad habit." the man gave him a respectful half-bow before the prince and once back to be upright showed a courteous nod "My name is Desmond Alucard" his eyes of an icy blue color looked at Nuada's golden ones. Desmond was conscious of having made a choice by accepting to know the identity of the prince and have just revealed his but only time could tell whether that choice was right or wrong.

This post has been edited by Desmond Alucard on Apr 4 2011, 10:58 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^
Prince Nuada
Posted: Apr 14 2011, 12:14 AM

"We will not fade."
Group Icon

“Evil?” Nuada asked, a hint of amusement flickering through his voice. “Evil is no more than a perspective. As is good.” He turned to face the human. “Wrong and right as well...” He pressed stepping back, just behind the human, hand resting on his hip. “Tell me, son of man, what is right? Is it money? Power? Love?” The elf pressed, placing extra emphasis on the last word. “Killing to save a life? Killing innocents to protect a secret that has long been kept from your kind? A secret such as other intelligence?” Nuada was badgering the man now, his voice harder than before, and his eyes narrow. Taking a deep breath he owed no apologies. “You don't realize what evil is.” He concluded.

“Do you have a family?” He wondered, planning his next moves carefully. There was something unsettling about trusting anything that called itself a human. They were children, the lot of them. If it weren't for the severe security measures taken upon the gate, the prince would have dispatched this man with ease. Raising a brow at the mans accusation he turned allowing his amusement to show with a half hearted smile. “Even elves are prone to weather over time.” He stated. “Believe me, son of man, if I am weary, you won't know it.”

Trust. The word itself angered him. There was only one he could trust, and he could only trust her because of their shared soul. “Trust is a fickle thing. Even an ally can turn his back on you in an instant. You'd do well to remember that.” The prince warned. He would not consider this Desmond a friend. Not yet, probably not ever. Befriending inferior complexes was not what he was known for.

Interested in Desmond's story, he forced himself to remain respectful over the life of a loved one. To him they were merely ants that would be squashed for the smallest of trespasses, on most accounts, though there was still something unsettling about Desmond. He would track down someone who knew him better later and pick their minds for the answers he sought. “Death is part of life. You are fortunate to experience it's cycle twice.” Nuada stated, sarcastic, refusing to comment on the loss. “The telepathic bind is a blessing and a curse, I can say this much. Who are you connected with? A relative?.... Friend?...” His voice was cold, though interested.

Sighing Nuada turned to face the other direction while confiding in the man, a little piece of who he was. “I too have a bind, similar to yours in ways, but alien as well.” He began. “My sister... She has more telepathy than I do, some say she is my opposite. Still she fights me on any endeavor I must face, I respect her difference in opinion, however... There are times she is a burden to me. If I bleed, she will too. We are very much connected. Our fates are eternally intertwined.” Then it was quiet. Nuada savored the silence, his golden eyes taking in the same surroundings.

”My bad habit... My name is Desmond Alucard”

The name was more than enough, and he planned to find out more about this mysterious being. His telepathic abilities, who he worked for, how much he knew, and where exactly the leak was. Humans were still unworthy of knowing of their world. If they knew it existed... The results would be fatal. “Desmond Alucard. I will remember that name.”

--------------------
user posted image
^
Desmond Alucard
Posted: May 2 2011, 09:21 PM

I'm alone, in the dark
Group Icon

Good or bad, that meeting had definitely meant something. Desmond could not predict the future so far but could have the perception that the tide was about to change, the elf before him had too much motivation although he hadn't the heart to contradict what he had said in that conversation. Desmond was not extraneous to human wickedness, in part because human himself and in part perhaps because he had seen several facets of his kind ... even worse.

Was unable to say whether Nuada was willing to actually do something but he hoped that the worst case scenario wasn't going to come true. A collision would not have brought nothingthan troubles and pain , despite having respect for the creature that was now more than centenary before his eyes he knew that once defeated any limit he would have to choose the greater good. Protect a human or an elf had no difference, Desmond was opponent of anything that was evil, was what he had sworn to do and that to which his life was devoted.

“Trust is a fickle thing. Even an ally can turn his back on you in an instant. You'd do well to remember that.”

"Likely but not all, not every action can be accomplished with our own strength. For how much efforts you will do . Trust will often be your ruin as well what might make you stronger instead ..." Desmond said conciliatory as before with a patient smile but didn't seem to completely contradict the prince with these words.

The man suddenly laughed, even if briefly as a mild cough and shrugged his strong shoulders "I know more than one person who may contradicts you about that, at least she would do .. The person I'm talking about my young sister" Desmond was cautious not to add else, less people knew about Nadia better was for them both although hoped that the other wasn't going to exploit the situation to know the weak points ... who could say, even that was a matter of trust.

Desmond frowned noticing that although in a different way both bore a great burden with their bloodline. Certainly the story intrigued him, as he and Nadia had been linked by an inexplicable power the elf and his sister seemed to bear this link for centuries, probably since birth. It was difficult to say something, especially because it seemed that the prince couldn't bear to disappoint his sister as well be thwarted by her , to hurt her and not be hurt in turn. It was a really fascinating symbiosis but it seemed difficult for the prince to coexist with the idea of ​​life. Desmond gave a sympathetic smile "Someone said there's no other love like the love from a brother. In the end I do not know if the last day or last instants of a life should be lived alone ... or with whom we've shared everything from the beginning. " he said as falling into a deep silence and then looking at the landscape realized that the night was now turning into dawn.

Desmond blue eyes watched him closely but then the man nodded politely "As I will with yours" then took a step forward, "If you change your mind ... you know where to find me" with a agile movement of his fingers showed a black piece of paper and inviting to take it . Let him approach to the Boureau was a bad idea but perhaps wasn't the one giving him a clue about the area of ​​his apartment at least. Desmond decided to defy fate to reveal that kind of information, but somehow felt it was right or perhaps was going to be so ... in the future. "I'd enjoy of another interesting conversation like this one ... prince" his deep voice said slowly before place his hands in his pockets and turn back. That morning had a mission waiting for him and although with no sleep that night had been certainly a very ... interesting one.
"And if I may dare .... What would life be if we had no courage to attempt anything, even trust of your worst enemy?" he said waving his hand in greeting as he walked towards one of the alleys now illuminated by the weak rays of the sun.

This post has been edited by Desmond Alucard on May 2 2011, 09:24 PM

--------------------
user posted image
^
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

topic options
add reply
new poll

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.8264 seconds | Archive