zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to A Nation Of Zeros. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Tuesday Blues
murraythedemonicskull
Posted: Oct 23 2007, 11:46 AM

Zero

Group: Member
Member No.: 164

Another awful Tuesday. Undoubtedly the worst day of the week, it's horrible trudging manner and predictably dismal weather are just about bearable, until this double dose of televisual nadir.

For those of you fortunate enough not to have seen Grey's Anatomy, it is a show based around an whiny emotional intern and her whiny emotional intern friends, getting up to all sorts of non-adventures backed by a wonderfully diverse and original cast of characters including a hardass senior doctor and another doctor who isn't hardassed (though he is occassionaly quite emotional) with the fantastic moniker McDreamy, who I can only assume is a handsome doctor who keeps offering his patients fries with their treatments.

It's basically like a cross between the two successful hospital-based tv shows, ending up with all the credibility of scrubs and the comedy of E.R. And just now the dialogue of pokemon (What I choose is you. I get a choice now. I get to choose. I choose your izzzy stevens) though pokemon was never that repetitive, if you laboured the point like that in pokemon the duel would be as good as over.

What really nees to be given emergency surgery, (or more likely very painful euthanasia) is the script. I can't imagine anyone ever talking like the characters in this show. The lines consist almost entirely of a completely unearned sense of feeling hard done by coated in a magnificently deluded earnest that brings melodrama to previously unimagined heights. The self-aggrandising waffle of the characters is often delivered with a tragically misplaced confidence in their grey matter.

The below examples are taken from the episode that is currently on, I'm not taking a solitary low from the entire series here.

"Just because you can't say something doesn't mean you don't want to, you can want to very much. You can be with a person and be happy with them and not love them. And you can love somebody and not want to be with them. You don't need to love someone to want them. Now that's frustrating, when what your brain tells you you want and what you actually want don't match up. Itís exhausting. And, well, itís complicated. But that's life. And life... sucks."

"Time flies. Time waits for no man. Time heals all wounds. All any of us wants is more time. Time to stand up. Time to grow up. Time to let go. Time"

"he makes me feel like me"

Wow, what an achievement, to make someone feel like the person they are. Crap like that makes me feel like punching a small orphan.

Recently, I haven't been just leveling criticism, but providing suggestions about how to change things for the better of mankind/my personal enjoyment. Do I have a proposition now? You betcha.

Hospitalising the writers. This would serve two aims.
1. Injuring them serverly.
2. Showing them what a how much funnier and better scripted a day in a real hospital is.

Like many great ideas, such as the theory of relativity and central heating, it's very simple, and involves hospitalising people.

I think the best way of ending this blog is the exact same way the writers decided to end a recent episode, the voiceover containing the oh so insightful musings of the protagonist over the course of the episode, this time an unconvincing attempt at equating life to a game. This particular voiceover was the one which made me realise that I hated this show with a passion. So should you.
Notice that none of these pearls of wisdom have anything to do with each other, or anything else for that matter. Truly dreadful.

"So go ahead. Argue with the refs. Change the rules.

Cheat a little. Take a break. And tend to your wounds

Play hard. Play fast. Play loose and free. Play as if there is no tomorrow."
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic Options

: Links:

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0248 seconds · Archive