InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to || SHROUD IN THE MIST ||. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Welcome to Shroud in the Mist, a medieval/fantasy RPG set within the Kingdom of Aenor. It is here in which two brothers are fighting for the throne, in which they both think is rightful his. One, the youngest, is King at the present moment while his eldest brother is trying to get the throne that was passed to him from his brother. Tensions run high and here, you never really know who you can trust. Feel free to have a look around. Have any questions? Please feel free in order to contact one of our admins. At the moment, we are accepting canons and originals.

The Kingdom of Aenor.

N/A

MOTM:
N/A

COTM:
N/A

TOTM:
N/A

RPGD CATEGORY :: HUMANRPGD CATEGORY :: FANTASY
RPG-D

sidebar by dana! 'you're not the same' skin by YOUR MOM LOVES BREE. of CAUTION 2.0. banner from Urban Native of Mayhem and Madness. thieves will be swiftly ejected from the internet.

| REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

Wine and books, tag- anyone
Eleanor Fleete
Posted: Aug 26 2011, 03:26 PM

The Lady of Atherton
Group Icon

Group: Nobility
Member No.: 22

Get out of here fast
I hate to break it to you babe but I am not drowning.

Three girls where picnicking in a clearing, a normal spot for the three women to go. It was a place of escape, a place of freedom and a place where each can let their hair down and not worry about responsibilities and duties. Eleanor had her head resting of the lap of a blonde hair lady, Ellie. Who was around Eleanor’s age; Ellie was neither a surf nor a noble is somewhere in between, she was taken in by Eleanor’s father and employed as a companion since his wife’s death, since he noticed his daughter lack of court attendance. Ellie was running her fingers through her friend’s hair, playing with it, plating it. On the other side sat Tessa, her maid who was pulling out fruit from a basket for them all to share with some mulled wine that was taken from her father’s collection.

Eleanor took a sip of the wine and pulled up the book which was held in one hand. She started to read aloud from the book, as her friend blushed slightly.

”what?” she whispered.
“I will kiss you. And soon” came his deep voice.
“oh?” the word sounded slightly higher pitch then what she wanted.
“when it happens it will mean something, it will mean that you feel what I feel. For I will only kiss you when you fall in love with me. Our lips will finally touch, you will feel it everywhere. It will be so sweet and passionate, that you would never want it to end”. The intensity in his eyes was so strong, his large warm hands reaching to brush against her cheek sending a shiver down her spine. Mary felt breathless and now couldn’t speak, he was moving closer, so close if she just moved an inch she would get that kiss. But instead he moved close to her ear and began to whisper “---“

”Lady Eleanor enough” came Tessa voice as she spotted the two girls giggling as both instead kept reading to themselves. Blush creeping on both their cheeks heighten by the wine. Tessa reached across and plucked the leather bound book from Eleanor’s hand, which caused both the girls to laugh and Ellie to fan herself with her gloved hand.”Eleanor no more you going to cause us to die of shock if you keep reading” Tessa glanced at the page the girls had been on and her eye widened ”Where on earth did you get such a book? This is highly inappropriate”

Tessa’s response caused Eleanor to laugh more so, till the point tear forming in her eyes and her head getting dizzy from the lack of air. She finally managed to calm down and looked at Tessa ”Lady Kerr, she gave it to me, said it would help with something. I flipped though it and thought it was too amusing not to ready allowed”

Tessa shook her head and threw the book into the basket ”Trust that lady to give you such a vile book, with such vile intentions. She is not a woman for you to get to friendly with.”. Angrily Tessa pulled an apple and took a bite.
”I don’t know” Came a soft tone belonging to Ellie, she let go of Eleanor’s hair which now was in a finished plait ”To me it seems like it is a love story, a story about true romance and wanting that romance.” Her voice didn’t waver, though she was quite. Ellie was certain in her own interpretation and Eleanor had to agree with it.

Eleanor looked up at the blonde; the story did not show a wanton woman who took any man into her bed, but a woman who just wanted to feel love just once with the man she loved. Before she had to go through a lonely loveless marriage to an old corpse. ”I agree with you Ellie. She is all about love and in such a cruel world all she wanted to do was embrace love just once” Eleanor closed her eyes feeling the warmth of the sun on her face ”Heaven if I was her, I would do the same thing.” Eleanor opened her eyes at the sound of Tessa’s gasp. She knew a scolding would be coming now.

”Milady! You cannot think like that. It is wrong your virtue should remain intact so that when you find a Lord you are intact and all his”
Eleanor mumbled ‘if I ever find anyone’
Tessa dismissed what Eleanor had said and continued on ”What would your father think and lord Marcus you would bring shame onto the both of them!”

Eleanor pushed herself off Ellie whom looked slightly worried but stayed silent.”Tessa, I said if I was ever in that characters position to be married to a horrid unfeeling monster. But I am not, so do not lecture me” She reached across and picked up an apple as well before standing. ”I am taking a walk, you will wait here, enjoy the fruit and wine.”. Eleanor took a bite from the apple, having it sit in her mouth as she gave them a wave.
Eleanor couldn’t though help but think of the book she was reading, she took a full bite of the apple and frowned. The character in the story was so lucky to have love, she wonder if chivalry and romance was really dead and you could only read them in novels. Eleanor walked a bit deep into the trees, eating her beloved apple saviouring the fruit.
She had slipped into her own day dream at that moment in time, stopping a stump she sat down and kicked off her boots. Letting her feet touch the grass as she continued to eat her apple and think about that book.

|| 950 || outfit: Pic || Tag: Anyone if they want

this template was made by danasdfghjkl of caution 2.0
Ulrich von Reyek
Posted: Aug 28 2011, 07:54 PM

The Duke of Corraine
Group Icon

Member No.: 65

BE ON GUARD

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN INNOCENT WITCH

user posted image

Ailtern Woodland was not considered as safe as it used to be, because it is where a recent murder of the Ambassador of Plameer occurred. The attack was planned and executed by cold-blooded rebels, according to all the posters being distributed in the cities, towns, and villages of Aenor. After the news of this attack spread, many nobles were not taking chances with security, because the propaganda was working nicely into making people think the rebels were criminal thugs who loved bloodshed and killing innocent people. Ulrich had to give his cousin a hand, the man was good at finding alternatives to problems.

The Duke of Corraine had been in the capital for some meetings with one of his emissaries, diplomats, and other nobles. He also had the opportunity to see the Duke of Eirth, that Marcus Elmswood guy. Ulrich thought highly of that fellow peer, and had shared a good conversation and a few drinks with the man in the dungeons. There was not much more enjoyable than toasting with the sound of screams nearby. The trip was not bad, but the Duke was known not to like the capital and so had finished his business earlier in the morning and was riding back to Corraine today.

The Duke was upon his horse, wearing his house armour and cloaks of green and maroon. His sword was at his side, and shield hanging from the side of the back saddle. The Duke was also riding with two-dozen cavalry knights who served as his bodyguards. Being one of the most powerful men in Corraine meant that he was often with heavy guard, even if he had a reputation of being brutal and fearless in battle. The mounted group of men had entered the Ailtern Woodland about fifteen minutes ago, and were going down one of many roads in the forested area.

Ulrich, like his men with him, was always on the lookout for bad signs in the case anything was to go awry. Just one of his men shouted and he turned, and saw a couple of women in a clearing. The Duke signalled his men to stop. He ordered a dozen to stay guard on the road, and then ordered the other dozen to accompany him over to the women in the clearing. One of the women was older, and the other was younger. The Duke's men went around in a circle, leaving a good distance as the Duke moved up to them and looked down upon them from his mount. "Now what have we here? It can't be just two women blissfully and innocently having a mere picnic in the Ailtern Woodlands?” He wasn’t sure the women would want to picnic here, especially after the news of a brutal murder of an innocent man at the hands of rebels in these very woodlands. ”Most normal women would not dare tread here without men, especially after the news. This leads me to the suspicion you are either witches, or even worse: rebels. Perhaps even rebel witches? Let me guess, are they wandering around killing people, and you two are preparing them their lunch meal and waiting for them to return?"

TEMPLATE BY DAN IS AN ELDER @ CAUTION 2.0

Luther Hunt
Posted: Aug 29 2011, 11:56 PM

The Hunter
Group Icon

Group: Commoner
Member No.: 53

tell me would you
kill to save a life tell me would you kill to prove you’re right crash crash burn let it all burn this hurricane’s chasing us all underground no matter how many deaths I die I will never forget no matter how many lives that I live I will never regret there is a fire inside of the heart and a riot about to explode into flames where is your God do you really want me want me dead or alive to torture for my sins do you really want me dead or alive to live a lie the promises we made were not enough the prayers that we had prayed were like a drug the secrets that we sold were never known the love we had the love we had... we had to let it go.
Having lived in the forest so long, since he was a boy in fact and almost his entire life up until a few months ago, Luther had something of a skill in knowing when people were about. He knew when to avoid them and when to approach them by moving about silently and by watching until just the right moment. Luther had always been a people-watcher, even when he had not been brave enough to approach them as a boy. Now, as a man, he lived amongst them which gave him ample opportunity to observe but little time to himself.

Leaving the village for the day had been a decision he had come to when one of the local, widows had hounded him the night before, right to his very own door and Luther had had to shut it in her face. He needed a reprieve and so he had taken to the woods early that morning to run with his wolf, Flo, who had been sulking from lack of attention as of late.

Flo, with better senses than Luther, baulked in her stride and Luther frowned, peering ahead. His skin tingled and he knew there were people about. Stepping silently, he made his way through the trees only to come upon a familiar face. The Lady from the village, whose cousin... Marcus... Luther ground his teeth but forced his fists to unclench. She was a kind Lady and had had nothing to do with the death of hi sister, he reminded himself.

Yet, she could be useful, a rarely-used part of himself added. As a rule, Luther avoided harm to women but, in this case, he would not necessarily be harming the woman, only talking with her. Perhaps she could unknowingly give him some knowledge on her cousin. Or, if their relationship was one of less-than-friendly terms, perhaps she would speak of him freely. Luther could only hope for he could not carry out his vows if he knew nothing of the man.

Flo’s ears were flattened to her head, though, and she looked beyond the woman. Further along there were more people and... horses? He could not be certain but he suspected so from the sound on the wind. Touching her nose, their signal for ‘stay’, Luther stepped from the foliage, trying to look non-threatening... not a particularly easy task for a man of his size. Flo remained hidden.

“My Lady.” He made his presence known in a voice that, he hoped, would not spook her. Something beyond where she sat made him uneasy. Why would a Lady such as herself venture into this area alone? Luther had seen the posters and, although his reading was not exemplary, he could pick out warnings well enough. A man had died in these trees somewhere.

“Are you well?” he asked. Although he could see no damage to her, he wondered if she had not fallen from her horse or something of the sort to be here alone. Besides, he got the feeling her cousin, the Duke would hardly allow her to venture into the woodlands alone. The man was nothing if not controlling if Luther had learned anything from their encounter in the village.
this is for Eleanor and Ulrich. this post is 535 words.
TILLIE AT CAUTION <3

Eleanor Fleete
Posted: Sep 1 2011, 04:37 PM

The Lady of Atherton
Group Icon

Get out of here fast

:: In the Clearing::

Ellie heard the horses and Tessa frowned spotting some men riding up to them. She prayed that she wasn’t in trouble. After all it seemed the man riding towards them was rather important, the pair where lucky that their lady wasn’t here, they could see her opening her mouth to say something stupid.
Tessa watched as the men circled them as if they were a threat, how could two unarmed women sitting in the grass be a threat to 7 men, it was a bit over kill. But both of them stayed quite until the man spoke.

He spoke in the tone that screamed noble man and someone not to mess with, she noticed Ellie with draw slightly for the situation and become somehow smaller. If the pair could with the massive horses breathing down their necks and men peering at them.
Taking a deep breath Tessa decided to speak for the pair. ”What you see good sir is how it appears, we are just having a pinic-“ she didn’t get to finish what she was saying as the nobleman started to speak again about the dangers. Of course there was gossip around the kitchen of the death of the Ambassador but Eleanor’s father was rather adamant that it sounding nothing of the sort.

Ellie made a slight ‘eek’ sound as the noble accused them of being witches helping and being rebels. Tessa frowned and put some steel into her spine, this time she stood up on shaky legs. If only Eleanor could see this, it like the young lady was rubbing off on her. “My lord, we are not witches or those lawless rebels, we are staff of a noble house and our mistress and steward where accompanying us.” Tessa steadied the shake in her voice and rid the feeling of intimidation from her as she started to lie to the nobleman “Our Lady swore she saw something and took the steward to investigate the matter. After all if they spotted Rebels in the kings forest, hunting his game it there duty to inform the authorise”

Tessa held out her hand and swept it over the picnic set up ”If you wish to wait with us for our lady, so she can vouch our innocence on this horrid accusation. We will happily share our meal”.

Ellies eyes where cast down as she prayed that the scary man would say no and ride off. She could only see the trouble that would happen when Eleanor returns unaware of what was going on.

::Woods::

Eleanor thought she could hear horses, she wasn’t sure of it though due to her mind wandering with thoughts on men and their character. This made her think of her poor mother and how easily a man can slay an unarmed woman, then the talks of rebels who were mainly men killing the Ambassador. Where men really that cruel, is it still in their blood to kill and fight over objects like in the old days?

’My Lady’

It echoed almost though the voice was familiar and the man from the village appeared. The voice had caused her to stiffen slightly from the surprise and looked over where the man was, her expression slightly sombre. Eleanor didn’t realise she had her hand in her sleeve, looking like she had her arms folded, instead her fingers touched cool metal of her protection.
Eleanor’s body relaxed sensing she wasn’t going to be harmed, as he asked if she was alright. She didn’t reply straight away, looking at him wondering what he was doing here. Luther would most likely be confused for a rebel if he wasn’t careful.

Eleanor nodded her head “I am fine thank you, I was lost in my own thoughts” her tone was plain and reflected still on her long contemplation she had. Eleanor decided it was time to move, she reached forward and took her boots, lifting up the hem of her white coat to place them back on.
”I will asked you the same, Luther” The way Eleanor said his name was as if she was unsure of if it was correct or if she was allowed to use his first name. ”I did not expect to find you here are you well? It is a bit of distance for the village?” Eleanor folded her hands in her lap, after finishing tugging on her boots. Looking up and smiling slightly.

|| 950 || outfit: Pic || Tag: Anyone if they want

Ulrich von Reyek
Posted: Sep 2 2011, 10:45 PM

The Duke of Corraine
Group Icon

BE ON GUARD

user posted image

The Duke's dozen remained at ease, without drawing any arms, and the Duke was more intrigued by why a pair of women was having a picnic when things were so dangerous. Ha, if they only knew the truth. The dead ambassador was turning out to be a good piece of propaganda, but only the Duke of Eirth, the Count of Cairroch, and a handful of other men knew the truth, as well as Ulrich. So far more power had been consolidated into the hands of the King, as more would seek to embrace his security than suffer the fate of murderous rebels. He watched the older lady get up and tell him that they were merely having a picnic.

"Oh is that all dear? A picnic with devilry and deception?" The Duke of Corraine felt there was more to this picture than met the eye. He never bothered to believe that people were telling the truth, because he was used to dealing with lying scum. The Duke dismounted from his horse and walked closer to the ladies, his towering height and his combatant history clearly making him a giant in contrast to the two women. He walked with heavy steps, his boots leaving lasting imprints in the mud. So the women were here with their noble mistress and a steward. "What is the name of your master? Also name this mistress and steward for me? Isn't it so convenient that they disappear just in time for me to arrive and find you two suspiciously having a picnic in these woods?" The Duke took her response and twisted it into another question, certainly attacking her excuse for being too good to be true.

He moved closer until he was only inches from the older lady. "I would be delighted to wait with you for however long it may take for your Lady to arrive." He picked up a basket and found an apple. The Duke brought it to his lips and bit into it. "Fine apple, but if it is poisoned my men will introduce you to the fate of being witches," he said, sort of fearless of the fact that if they were actually witches he may be biting a poisonous apple. The Duke of Corraine had a reputation for such an attitude, and it was surprising he had not died already. Blood and death is what he lived for. He looked at the other girl. "Why do you look so glum? You don't have something to hide do you?"

The Duke had finished the apple in a matter of moments and wiped his hand against some of his cloak. He walked over to one of his mounted men. "Blow the horn," he ordered. The mounted knight grabbed the horn strapped to his shoulder and blew it once. The other dozen men on the road would remain, as it was not a signal for them to come, but the Duke hoped maybe if these people were telling the truth their master may come.

Luther Hunt
Posted: Sep 12 2011, 04:50 AM

The Hunter
Group Icon

tell me would you
kill to save a life tell me would you kill to prove you’re right crash crash burn let it all burn this hurricane’s chasing us all underground no matter how many deaths I die I will never forget no matter how many lives that I live I will never regret there is a fire inside of the heart and a riot about to explode into flames where is your God do you really want me want me dead or alive to torture for my sins do you really want me dead or alive to live a lie the promises we made were not enough the prayers that we had prayed were like a drug the secrets that we sold were never known the love we had the love we had... we had to let it go.
Luther was perversely pleased when he did not scare the woman off. Before he moved into the village, if he were to come upon a woman in this situations, she would likely run screaming. He scratched the back of his head and tried to smile when she assured him she was fine. It was something he was learning to become used to once more and he had been practicing on Flo but wolves weren’t much for feedback.

Still, he did not miss the way she had reached for her sleeve. She was smooth but Luther was raised with blades in his hands and knew when one was reached for. Careful, he supposed, but not at all as careful as she ought to be. If she truly was concerned with being careful, she would never have ventured into the woods alone. Particularly not these woods nor this far out. Foolish, though he knew better than to suggest so.

”I did not expect to find you here are you well? It is a bit of distance for the village?”

“People... are too much for me at times. Too much noise and talk and too many people... I walk very far sometimes.” He admitted, the hand on the back of his neck only enhancing the awkward tone that came with that statement. Luther was not unaware of his image, of the easily intimidating projection he naturally put up but he had never been one to talk about himself and was uncomfortable with it simply from a lack of experience. His attitude often contradicted his barbarous appearance and he found himself somewhat stumped when she smiled at him. “These woods are another home to me so I walk them... when I need to breathe.” He babbled and probably would have said more if it weren’t for the horn that came from the clearing.

Luther had seen enough soldiers, and dealt with them enough to recognise one of their horns. He did not know what the call meant but he did not like it and did not feel comfortable with the Lady being out alone. Still, clenching his fists, he looked to the Lady for instruction.

“Does this mean something to you, this horn?” he asked, lowering his voice instinctively. He glanced about for Flo and spotted her safely hidden. Had he not known what to look for, he would have missed her. With his wolf safe, he could concentrate on the Lady and her safety. If these guards were not hers, or if she was lying and had harmed herself while away from them, he could help.
this is for Eleanor and Ulrich. this post is 535 words.
TILLIE AT CAUTION <3

Eleanor Fleete
Posted: Sep 17 2011, 03:05 PM

The Lady of Atherton
Group Icon

Get out of here fast

::Woods::

Eleanor smiled at the response to her question about him being deep in the woods; she had to agree that people can be too much, like her maids. It seemed they had something in common, this fact. Her head tilted slightly to the side wondering why he seemed so awkward now compared to when they first met.
Eleanor looked down at the ground as he continued saying that the woods where home to him, she felt a pang of jealously at this. To live in the woods with all that space and freedom would be wondrous, not living in a castle or court where you had to always watch what you say, how you dressed or whom you spoke too.

When the horn sounded Eleanor jumped up and looked in the direction of the sound. That was a horn sounded by guards or soldiers? Her heart started beating a little faster, thinking of Tessa and Ellie they could be in trouble or hurt, then cold fear struck her at the thought of if she gets in trouble the words of her father and Marcus.

“Does this mean something to you, this horn?”

Eleanor looked back at Luther, she was sure he could see her worry on her even if she hid it action speak far louder than words. ”No, I have no clue, but I have two maids back at the clearing” she paused as if thinking something ”Oh gosh, that’s sounds like the horn was in that direction, I have to go to them”. She turned to Luther full on ”I have no right to ask you this, but I am not reckless enough to go against a squad of knights. Maybe one or two and not having a male escort with us, my maids and I are at a disadvantage no matter what I do… please” there was a slight plead in Eleanor’s voice that was very much out of character for her.

She didn’t wait for a reply, just turned her back praying that she didn’t just embarrass herself or that her friends where hurt. She tried to keep her footsteps light and quite, stopping behind a tree spotting men circling her friends. She furrowed her brows together to see if she would get a better view at the man closer to her friends. He wore such clothes that screamed noble. Subconsciously she pulled out her dagger trying to think of her next move, which has the high probability of being a stupid move

:: Clearing::

Tessa watched the duke with a careful eye as he seemed to make himself royally comfortable, demanding things. She wasn’t going to say anything to this man, he might have had power but not over them.

Ellie didn’t like him walking around and decided that she knew Tessa wasn’t going to speak up “Our master is Lord Derek Fleete and our Mistress is his only Daughter Eleanor Fleete” she wasn’t going to lie thought or create a fake name, so she fell silent. Flawlessly Tessa picked up and added to it.
”We are ladies maids, as if we would know the name of a steward. He just there to watch over us, not to speak. And sir, it isn’t convenient I stand by we were just picnicking and our mistress need to take a walk”

Tessa watched in disgust as the Duke helped himself and then accused the food as being poisoned. She silently wished she was a witch at the moment; oh the curses she could cast on this man to take his pride and ego down a few notches. She watched as the dukes eyes looking at Ellie, she was a harmless girl and wanted to speak up for her, only knowing that if she did it would further anger him.

Ellie looked up at the duke and shrunk slightly at his massive size “No My lord… I just do not talk to men often and it is improper to talk or look at someone above my station” she believed this to be true and looked away from him again hoping Eleanor would arrive. Ellie wished she had Tessa’s and Eleanor’s fire and spirit.

Both girls jumped at the order and then the sound of the horn. They felt both glad that he was making some sign to Eleanor to let her know something was up. They both hoped that she would clue onto what was going on.

|| 857 || outfit: Pic || Tag: Anyone if they want

Ulrich von Reyek
Posted: Sep 21 2011, 03:45 AM

The Duke of Corraine
Group Icon

BE ON GUARD

user posted image

The Duke of Corraine did have power, and though they may believe that he did not have power over them, but he found fear to be the key to inspiring such foolishly naive individuals into realising he didn't give a damn whether they were under his rule or not. He was a man with a reputation of killing innocent people in other Kingdoms under the rule of other rulers.

He stopped as the woman talked about their master. "That old man? Isn't he related to my good friend, the Duke of Eirth?" The Duke stopped and thought about it, he was pretty sure. It was well known the Duke of Corraine was always too busy warmongering that he did not pay attention to Court Politics. No, that was business for his cousin. "Well aren't you special? Does that make you witches of higher status then? I will have to talk to Marcus and tell him to keep his relatives in order then."

The Duke had been cut off as the older woman stood up and gave some reason about not knowing their escort's name. "You don't get to know your guards, your stewards? You people are strange," he replied. The Duke made it a priority to know his men by name, because it was a sign of respect. Though he was a cruel man to many, he valued his loyal guards and knights, and so he needed to treat them as equals.

The Duke dropped his apple, and grinned. "Oh maid, dear, put yourself to use and fetch me a new apple before I decide to get one myself, after whipping you like a bad servant deserves," he said while staring at Tessa. He returned his gaze to the younger, more timid girl and nodded. The Duke was not an egotistical maniac, he just enjoyed screwing with the minds of people, as well as torture people. They were lucky that they were not the latter on this day.

"Well I don't see anyone coming... if you two are lying to me, let's say I will make sure you never lie again," he said so calmly. The Duke walked over to a horse and looked into a leather bag. It wasn't long before he pulled out two thick ropes tied in the form of a noose. There were plenty of high trees around. He wondered if the two women were scared yet. Ulrich threw the nooses on the ground, not bothering to go into greater theatrics yet.

Luther Hunt
Posted: Sep 21 2011, 04:17 AM

The Hunter
Group Icon

tell me would you
Already intending to accompany her away from the strangers, Luther accustomed himself to the new plans quickly enough, particularly considering her maids could be in trouble. More women. More trouble. At least, he supposed, it was a unique way to spend his otherwise average day. He signalled to Flo to stay down when the Lady was not looking then inclined his head sharply and followed Eleanor.

As they approached the edge of the trees, he moved so that he was a step ahead, the Lady safely covered by his body if it was required. He noted the dagger she produced from her sleeve and spared her a brief smile but shook his head, shaggy hair falling into his face a moment. She was most certainly different to those women he had known before and, although he had been acquainted with... well, no other Ladies, he didn’t think she would have fit all that well in such a category as the ones he had imagined for the finer bred women of the kingdom.

His sister had been gentle and caring, very much what he imagined a Lady to be. Though, he could not say that Lady Eleanor was not a Lady, that would be an insult he had never intended. She was just different. He didn’t know if that was any better but it was more accurate and Luther survived on accuracy.

“It would be best that they perceive only one threat.” He advised quietly and turned to examine those in the clearing. Two women, as she had said, surrounded by a small mass of men, soldiers from the looks of them. Crouching slightly, he leaned towards the Lady and asked, “Do you recognise these men?”

There was one man in particular, who lounged about, clearly making the women uncomfortable and Luther frowned. He all but reeked of nobility but Luther had thought the nobility had some sort of understanding about the use and treatment of the servants of others. And why would the women be lying? And about what?

Luther was uncertain what was going on, exactly but he did not like the way the soldiers watched the women, nor the way the noble threw threats about like an idle comment. Had he been alone, or even with the Lady alone, he would have steered them away from these men and the trouble that came with them. Instead, he turned to the Lady again with a blank expression, awaiting her request.

"A plan, my Lady?" He got the idea that she wasn't one prone to following the orders of others easily and did not presume to know best. He was only a huntsman after all.
this is for Eleanor and Ulrich. this post is 461 words.
TILLIE AT CAUTION <3

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options | REPLY || NEW TOPIC || NEW POLL |

YOU'RE NOT THE SAME skin created by YOUR MOM LOVES BREE. of Caution 2.0!

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2919 seconds | Archive