InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to NeoPound.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Most Dapper Dragon (more Pictures)
VVhisper
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:51 AM

I'm a random wind storm: Swishy swishy!

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,016

user posted image

I... got bored. I based his base colors off the camo krawk, it seemed so fitting.

I want to share him so badly with people lol, but I can't get good pictures with natural lighting for a few days, it's supposed to snow here tomorrow!!

user posted image

user posted image

--------------------
Tacita
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 02:25 PM

FRO SERIOUS BRO

Member No.: 9,366

He looks wonderfully dapper. I love his pocket watch! C: You're getting really good at sculpting and painting sculptures.

--------------------
silvermoonfox
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:06 PM

The fluffy one.
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins
Member No.: 5,934

8D that is awesome! I mean, I always admire sculpture but the concept rocks and the work does too and I love the painting! There is just something about his posture that really sets the whole thing off well, makes it have a great flow.

I know the feeling. I tried to take a picture of a mask I made and they just don't make it look anything like it does in real life.

--------------------
Dodoro
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 05:28 PM

I Am Your Neighbor
Group Icon

Group: Board Moderators
Member No.: 4,844

Regardless of the lack of proper lighting, I love your dapper dragon! He is so cute, and I completely agree- you've gotten infinitely times better at sculpting/painting. *-* So neat!

--------------------
Bosco
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 08:30 PM

=(o n_n o)=

Member No.: 6,906

this is soo adorable, i love how everything is nicely sculpted thats amazing! and how do you get the different pieces to stick on and not fall off o.o

--------------------
user posted image
VVhisper
Posted: Apr 29 2012, 03:40 AM

QUOTE (Bosco @ Apr 28 2012, 08:30 PM)
this is soo adorable, i love how everything is nicely sculpted thats amazing! and how do you get the different pieces to stick on and not fall off o.o

I discovered sculpey bake and bond. It's like liquid sculpey and glue had a love child. It makes the surface of the sculpey all sticky so it's easier to stick stuff together, then it dries and hardens like glue.

Or the pieces fall off in the oven and cook and then I go back in and glue them on with superglue XD

--------------------
Pidgey
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 11:38 AM

Gust gust gust gust SANDATTACK

Member No.: 11,303

Aria hit the nail on the head -- the posture is really one of my favorite things about this piece. The concept, color and execution are wonderful and he looks awesoooome! I would probably be really attached to the little guy if I made him, but I think he or others like him would sell really well. Was he just for fun?

--------------------
VVhisper
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 06:46 PM

QUOTE (Pidgey @ Apr 30 2012, 11:38 AM)
Aria hit the nail on the head -- the posture is really one of my favorite things about this piece. The concept, color and execution are wonderful and he looks awesoooome! I would probably be really attached to the little guy if I made him, but I think he or others like him would sell really well. Was he just for fun?

Yeah, he was just for fun for the most part, but I've been trying to sell lots of sculptures lately. Partly because I need the money, partly because if i keep them all I'm going to run out of space very quickly. All my little sculptures have already over-run my bookshelf and knick-knack shelves. There's just no space!

--------------------
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0771 seconds | Archive

Neopets Characters 2000-2011 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission
All other content NeoPound.com

Banner and forum skin coded by Dorothy. Buttons by Ophelia.