InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to NeoPound.com Forums. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Argh! Stupid Inflation -_-
Fate
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 11:47 AM

Super Fosterer
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins
Member No.: 12,518

So, I just realised that I never painted one of my petpets ghost as I had originally planned. I went to the trading post and the ghost petpet paint brush was going for about 115-125k three nights ago. The next day, most of the ppbs were sold and two new ones were placed up for 800k.

A 700k price increase for no reason in just a night right when I decide to buy one.
Went to the trade chat and was told rather rudely by a person that I was being cheap and this was just a case of supply and demand. Heck I wouldn't mind paying more but a jump of 700k in a night is just ridiculous since there's no real reason behind it.

And now a few other people has decided to place their pbs up on the trading post for about 500k. And oh joy, the original person who made the price 800k has reposted their ghost petpet paint brush for 450k sleep.gif

Ugh, what a terrible week this is turning out to be which our holiday being cancelled and all D:
I just hope it deflates to the normal price soon :/
rawrimmakitty
Posted: Jun 13 2011, 07:53 PM

I Am Your Neighbor
Group Icon

Group: Board Moderators
Member No.: 4,844

It's false inflation and the paint brush will go back down to its original price once those people figure out that their petpet paint brushes aren't seeling.

Don't worry about it. <3 At least you weren't scammed out of a ton of expensive items for a falsely inflated item, ne?

--------------------
Fate
Posted: Jun 19 2011, 09:22 AM

Super Fosterer
Group Icon

Group: Site Admins
Member No.: 12,518

Looks like the price is around 300k now. Hopefully it'll deflate more soon
Why did it have to happen right when I wanted one? ;_;

But meh, I'm patient. I'll just wait it out
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0665 seconds | Archive

Neopets Characters 2000-2011 Neopets, Inc.
All Rights Reserved. Used With Permission
All other content NeoPound.com

Banner and forum skin coded by Dorothy. Buttons by Ophelia.