Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Mossleaf. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Heart System: Old style or new?
Kami
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 01:09 AM

Just a moment...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

I've been thinking about the heart system - do you guys prefer the old system:

Black
Grey
White
Purple
Etc...

Or the new system they've been using in HM games, using different numbers of hearts to show how much people care about someone else?

Or could you combined the two - show different numbers of white hearts for how much you like someone, then when they reach 10 white hearts they're moved over to one purple, and after 10 purple, they move up to one blue?

Also - what is the easiest way for you to keep track of relationships and remember to edit heart levels when you have the opportunity? I think it helps to have a link in your sig, so you can post then *click!* and you're transpoted to your profile for editing, but could we do anything that would make the process easier for everyone?
Gor Coran
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 08:01 AM

Dedicated Sprout

Group: Mossleaf Villager
Member No.: 233

I like the combination idea, like in BTN where it took a while for relationships to build. Also this makes relationship a slower, more enjoyable process, and one stray mishap won't be as bad...
Falka
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 10:43 AM

The Wolf Girl

Member No.: 225

I prefer the old one.
Kami
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 05:03 PM

Just a moment...

Any particular reason as to why Falka?

Hmm, I think I like the new one in a sense, and a combined wouldn't be bad. It would move the relationship slower, but still use the color system, which would make it easier to gauge. Someone gives you a *heart* gift you love? Then you give them two or three white hearts, neh?

But yes. happy1.gif Your comments are much appreciated! I'm just trying to figure out how to make it easiest for everyone involved... maybe put a link in there somehow... >.>
Therlynn Sáralondë
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 05:12 PM

New Seed

Member No.: 241

Um, ten each seems a little high.

How about

Black(10)<---(3)Grey<---White--->Purple(3)--->Blue(5)--->Green(7)--->Orange(10)

(#) Is distance from white.
And Romance could be a different scale.
Rose Hayes
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 05:28 PM

New Seed

Member No.: 229

Considering 2-3 RPs with a character ups a heart level, 10 is perfectly fine.

However, I prefer the old system. I think the new system isn't much different than the old one, except there aren't colors. I like it simplier, although the new system allows more flexibility. However, I would not like a mix of the two systems. Too confusing.
Effie
Posted: Feb 7 2007, 05:31 PM

Thoughtful Lettuce-Head

Member No.: 228

I prefer the old one, and part of the reason is just cuz I'm used to it. But colors are a lot easier to work with then numbers if hearts, I think. I agree with Rose, that the colors + numbers mixed would a bit confusing.
Kami
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 01:42 AM

Just a moment...

Hmm, then are you guys alright with updating it how it is, or is it simple enough for now?
Allard Tyme
Posted: Feb 8 2007, 02:09 AM

The Nosy Hermit

Member No.: 210

Haha, I consider the multiple hearts the old system, but only because of the SNES version. xD But yeah, I get it since for long time, it was the colored one.

As for me, I like the old system (colored hearts) more, but I think combining the two systems would be really interesting. It doesn't hurt to try things out. Why do I like the old system more? I guess I just find it easier to remember and pretty, haha. Though, yeah, I agree combining the two systems might be confusing for some people. For me, I might not have any trouble with it. *shrugs*

Anyways, for the system we have now, I have no problem updating it as long as I remember to actually update it when I finish RPing with someone. It is a simple enough system and easy to understand. happy1.gif
TwilightSilver
Posted: Feb 13 2007, 04:30 PM

Resident elf girl!

Group: Mossleaf Council Member
Member No.: 215

You guys bring up good points. To keep it simple lets stay old style.

Number of hearts seems like it would slow things down a lot for some reason.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4754 seconds | Archive

-

Extra Goodies

Promises of the Keyblade Warriors of Nightfall

Want to affiliate?

Topsite Listing

Harvest Moss Topsites

All Listings
Topsite Listing

HM Kitchen Topsites

All Listings
Topsite Listing