zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to Mossleaf. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Submit Your Election Canidate Choices!, -- Entries will end on January 28th! --
Kami
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 02:12 PM

Just a moment...

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Villagers of Mossleaf! It is that time again - the time to select our new Town Council! Voting will be held soon, so please submit the names of the canidates that you would like (including yourself if you wish) immediately, along with the position you want to run for.

Then go forth and campaign for to the Villagers of Mossleaf! Voting will start on the 28th and continue until Summer 1st!

Yes, the Council acknowledges that this was a little fast, but doesn't that just add to the competition?

The following positions are open for anyone to run for!

Mayor
    Would need to be someone friendly and knowledgeable about the city, who can visit the various households and help new villagers become accustomed to the city. The Mayor would have important IC RP jobs - meeting new villagers and getting new members role-playing and comfortable. They would pop by just to "check on" households now and then, basically be the active face of the village. The Mayor would also give out gifts to winners of festivals and help promote festivals and events in RP.
Sheriff/Head of Guard
    The leader of the guards, who would be in charge of tending to the criminals in the jail and keeping the streets of Mossleaf safe from crime and the citizens safe from danger. The Sheriff would be expected to be a physically fit, strong person with a great reputation. They would lead the guards.
Environmental Adviser
    This person would be expected to know a lot about plants and animals and would help to make important decisions about the building projects that go on in Mossleaf Village. They would also speak up about how local trade is going for local flora, fishing, and hunting expeditions and alert the council of any trouble or new events located in the area.
Town Cheer Adviser
    This person would help come up with ideas about festivals and help to spread the word, they would role-play gathering the festival materials and start threads that would invite other people to help them set up for a festival. They would also go around inviting people to the festival and be at the festival, to keep it active and fun. When the town seems a little down, they would also arrange random events to cheer everyone up, or just go around providing cake for everyone.
Cultural Adviser
    The Cultural Adviser will be dedicated to making sure that the most important traditions of Mossleaf remain unchanged, while other traditions that need change adapt according the will of the people and the times that we live in. Once we begin active trade and interaction with other villages (the Golden Village Network) this person will need to frequently visit the other villages and make sure that we stay up to date on their culture, news, and trade.

If you are interested in applying for any of these positions please fill out the below application and begin campaigning for those votes!

CODE
[b]Full Name[/b]
[b]Age[/b]

[b]Position Desired[/b]

[b]What would make you a good candidate for this position?[/b]

TwilightSilver
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 02:31 PM

Resident elf girl!

Group: Mossleaf Council Member
Member No.: 215

Lae'ula s nervous... but she quietly filled out her form, and she tried to sound like she knew exactly what she was doing. She realized hers would be the first entry, and it surprised her. Then again, she had been at the town hall when they'd announced the election.

Full Name
Lae'ula Mahina Flueve
567- What can I say? I've got experiance.
Position Desired
Town Cheer Advisor
What would make you a good candidate for this position?
I think I would make a good candidate for Town Cheer Adviser, because I'm cheery. Everyone who knows me, knows that I'm one of the happiest people around. I absolutely love festivals, parties, holidays, and anything of the sort. Personally, I think that I'm pretty good at planning also, because everythings not just fun and games. Even if your planning...fun and games.
Rachel Nova
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 02:50 PM

Bountiful Harvester

Member No.: 86

Full Name Rachel Rakia Nova-Cletar
Age 47

Position Desired Cultural Adviser

"When I was a young woman I grew up in a family embroiled in politics. I know the aspects of interacting with other communities and their laws and desires like I know my alphabet. I even spent time leading those politics back in my hometown, a chore that lasted nearly a decade. The experience I gained from that alone gives me a deep background of the political nuances of the world to lean back on, but I believe that my political history coupled with my extensive travels will make me more than suitable to lead the position.
I also deeply value the beautiful traditions that Mossleaf lives up to and will do my best to preserve and promote them. I believe more attention should be given to the Goddess and other Gods, and attention removed away from the Market and the forgein laws and ideas that bleed into our village from there. The purity of our values as a simple farming community are being polluted - and I intend to do something about it."
Disassociative
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 04:02 PM

Just a Puddle of Mudd

Group: Mossleaf Villager
Member No.: 30

Full Name
Yazochi Yokotan
Position Desired
Environmental Advisor
I believe I would make a good candidate for this position due to the great amount of experience I have on the matter. Over the last thirty years I have developed a great repect for nature, which has mostly been nurtured through many years of experiencing it in the flesh. Whilst the only formal qualifications of the type I have are five years at Ikana institute of Enviromental control, I have effectively spent the last twenty-five years livng in the wild, learning to respect the infinite mystery that is nature. Economic growth has damaged the natural enviroment of the forests in the past years, and I believe that by taking a logical approach we can repair any damage in the form of an awareness program. I have the leadership and people skills to cover any problems raised, and to pay the required respect to the wishes of the Harvest goddess. Our society is being polluted by the influx of modern ideas, I believe I can help heal and protect the delicate balance of life within mossleaf and resurrect our traditional values at the same time.
Saria Feverfew
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 05:32 PM

Creator of Gilly McGizzard, the magical lizard

Member No.: 163

Full Name Saria Feverfew
Age 22

Position Desired Environmental Advisor

What would make you a good candidate for this position? Saria is verrrry observant about the environment, and has time and time again spent many days just sitting in the forest, sketching the various activities of the animals and the different species of plants she has found. She also knows a lot about the medicinal qualaties of herbs, and can sometimes tell just what an herb would cure or help with by just looking at it! She works in the garden on Trianon Winery, so she spends almost all day checking up on plants, figuring out what conditions they like, etc. Saria is also a very curious, young girl; if something seems wrong, she makes sure she checks it out, even if it doesn't effect her in any way. Saria knows a lot about the natural world, and would love making it part of her job.

Marius Seraphin
Posted: Jan 26 2007, 06:16 PM

Bountiful Harvester

Member No.: 188

Full Name Marius "de" Seraphin
Age 63

Position Desired Mayor

"Times are changing, people of Mossleaf! We look forth, to see that our glorious village has quieted into a boring place. I have lived in this town for over forty years. I know my way around this village, from those tiny nooks, to the largest tunnels. I am ripe with learning. My previous occupation involved money, not politics. But I'm certain my age and wisdom can guide this village back onto the right path. I aim to help all who need it, as I did when I once was a banker. I am also certain that I can bring back enthusiasm amongst the villagers, in regards to our various festivals."
Gor Coran
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 03:42 PM

Dedicated Sprout

Member No.: 233

((I hope this isn't too late...))

Full Name
Gor Coran

Position Desired
Sheriff/ Head of Guard

Over the last 24 years I have seen both the best and the worst of Mossleaf, ranging from the law-abiding citzens that are the social norm, to the very dregs of human soceity. As such I believe I have a good picture of Mossleafs standing, which will allow me to correctly monitor and protect the best interests of those that living in our mostly peaceful society. I am also physically fit and have much experience in combat and law enforcement, so any physical demands of the job are well within my capabilities. I have also in the past worked as team leader in construction, guarding, and security based roles, so I have attained the necessary teamwork and interaction skills need for the job. For all of these reasons, and many more, I believe I am fit to watch over Mossleaf as its lawful Sheriff.
Kami
Posted: Jan 29 2007, 03:56 PM

Just a moment...

Member No.: 2

Okay! We're good then. ecstatic1.gif Time to post the only poll needed~ The Environmental Adviser!

Everyone else - you've got your places by default. *nod* Next time there will probably be a much stronger competition, so be ready to deal with it if needed. happy1.gif
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4514 seconds | Archive

-

Extra Goodies

Promises of the Keyblade Warriors of Nightfall

Want to affiliate?

Topsite Listing

Harvest Moss Topsites

All Listings
Topsite Listing

HM Kitchen Topsites

All Listings
Topsite Listing