zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Metro City has moved to its own server here.

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post ) replytopicPoll

Safety First, [Conner]
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:01 PM

Danger Zone!

Group: Villains
Member No.: 22

Mercy knew all about lawyers. Her brother was one, so she was clearly an expert. Being an expert in lawyers she knew that she couldn't ask him for advice because he was busy with things like family court. However, there was one attorney that came highly recommended. She'd made an appointment, and now here she was, in his office.

She was dressed in what she liked to think of as her casual uniform, meaning instead of gold skirt and bustier she was wearing leather pants and a motorcycle jacket. Her mask remained the same, because she wasn't an idiot.

Though she tried her best to not fidget, she did. She had her pocket watch in one hand and was opening and closing the cover repeatedly. You never knew when these things could be a set up.

Mercy eyed Conner a little distrustfully. As if she wasn't the one who had asked to meet with him. She offered her hand to shake. "I've heard great things about you, Mr. Comeau. I hope they were right."

--------------------

user posted image
I'm a bad kid, that's the way that they made me.
| photoia | mercy mayhem | kate delacoeur | ellie west | sheol I iris |
Conner Comeau
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:17 PM

Haters Gonna Hate

Group: Renegade Admin
Member No.: 67

"I hope they were too." Conner said and smiled. He motioned for her to take a seat across from his desk, and then sat down himself. He took a piece of candy from the jar on his desk and looked at her.

"What is it that you wanted to talk about?"

--------------------
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:46 PM

Danger Zone!

Click. Snap! Click. Snap! Click. Snap! Mercy continued to play with the latch of the watch even after she sat.

"I'm not being charged with anything," she began. It was hard to charge someone you couldn't catch. "I guess they are more... theoretical questions." Just in case. Because you never knew about these things.

"Let's say, uh. For example. CAPE had something that didn't belong to them and I would like it back because I knew who it belongs to and it doesn't belong to CAPE. It's not theirs." That was the first issue. It was an important issue.

But there was one more thing. "Also, too, what if I feel that I've been slandered by local media? Who totally doesn't know what they're talking about and someone should probably teach them some sort of lesson." She paused, and looked at her watch. "I'm asking for a friend's estate."

--------------------

user posted image
Conner Comeau
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 06:59 PM

Haters Gonna Hate

Conner chewed his candy and thought for a moment how best to answer her. He swallowed the candy then tapped his fingers on his desk.

"Well. What is it CAPE has? You could have a proxy, me, request it on your behalf. We could get a judge involved if we had to." He shrugged.

"As for slander, we could sue. But, I wouldn't.... recommend it. If you've done something illegal, then doing anything in court is just going to make it easier for you to be found and caught."

--------------------
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:01 PM

Danger Zone!

She wasn't sure how much she wanted to tell him after all. Mercy's eyes wandered the room, as if she might spot a hidden camera, or mic, or something. Maybe a hiding Crimson Defender, though he was probably hard to hide.

"What I tell you," she said quietly, "You can't tell anyone else, right?"

--------------------

user posted image
Conner Comeau
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:02 PM

Haters Gonna Hate

"Not without your written consent." He leaned across his desk, and smiled.

"If it'll make you feel better, I'll even pinky promise."

--------------------
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:09 PM

Danger Zone!

She smiled back at him. Conner Comeau was a very sensible man. "Oh! Well that's a very serious promise."

Mercy held a hand up, pinky extended, until he made the very important very serious promise. Then she was satisfied that she could begin speaking again.

"They have a costume and I would like it back but," she frowned, "i think if they know I want it they will unmask me and then I'll be in all sorts of trouble." her frown faded, and she smirked at him instead. "Allegedly. I'm not entirely guilty in the way they'd like to say I am."

How had she know that idiot Carl would kill himself? Maybe he was planning to do it anyway.

--------------------

user posted image
Conner Comeau
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:22 PM

Haters Gonna Hate

He took Mercy's pinky in his firmly. Then his smile fell away and he was back to being Business Conner. He made a "hmm" noise and tried to think.

"Was the costume yours? Or an enemy's? Or what? I need to know the full story."

--------------------
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:33 PM

Danger Zone!

"Not exactly," she said carefully. "It's sooort of mine."

But it didn't really belong to Mercy Mayhem. "But it's not my costume, in the traditional sense of the word mine." She wasn't sure what the right was to describe someone who you weren't anymore.

She explained. Sort of. "It's Delirium's costume. Not their's. She was a friend of mine and whatever they're doing with it they don't deserve to have it." She looked at him seriously. "I deserve it. She would want me to have it."

--------------------

user posted image
Conner Comeau
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:36 PM

Haters Gonna Hate

He frowned. "Well. Unless you're related to Delirium, I don't think we can do anything about getting it. Friendship isn't an easy thing to prove in court." He sighed.

"I think you might just have to give up on it. I can't advise you to do anything illegal over this."

--------------------
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 07:43 PM

Danger Zone!

Frustrated, she frowned also and glared at the desk. The candy jar rattled, but didn't made a large movement. She sighed. This was bad. This was not a good thing and he was not as helpful as he was supposed to be. Why didn't anyone understand how important these things were?

She was going to have to spell it out for him. "I can't tell you how I'm related to her, because If I do, someone will arrest me." Mercy looked up at Conner, and made eye contact. The jar stopped rattling. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

--------------------

user posted image
Conner Comeau
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 08:01 PM

Haters Gonna Hate

"Mercy, I'm your lawyer. Nothing you say to me can be used against you." He frowned. "Please, tell me."

--------------------
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 08:04 PM

Danger Zone!

The jar rattled again, and she opened and shut her watch a few more times. Click. Snap. Click. Snap.

She lowered her voice to barely above a whisper, just in case there were microphones. You could never be too careful. "It used to be my costume, when I was a CAPE-registered hero."

--------------------

user posted image
Conner Comeau
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 08:18 PM

Haters Gonna Hate

"Okay." He said and nodded. "A CAPE-Registered Hero is a legal entity in itself. You can request your costume back with some forms by signing your CAPE name. I'll have it sent to a judge and he can force CAPE to hand over your costume to me, acting as your proxy, which we can then have delivered to my office."

--------------------
Mercy Mayhem
Posted: Sep 30 2011, 08:22 PM

Danger Zone!

She bit her bottom lip. That wouldn't do at all. "No. No, no. CAPE can't know anything about me." Mercy shook her head emphatically. "They think Delirium is dead." That was not actually true, that she was sure of, but it might have been true.

Her shoulders slumped a little. "Also. I don't want to be investigated for murder which. Uh. Which is what will happen if they think they can locate Delirium."

Maybe she should just break in and steal it. Yeah! That was totally a better idea.

--------------------

user posted image
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2  replytopicPoll

this skin was created by seanbear. of rpg-directory.com

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.3280 seconds | Archive

OUR SUPER BEST FRIENDS
Forsilvra: An Original Fantasy RPG RPG-D