Quick Log In

welcome to knotwood.
Welcome to Knotwood, a medieval fantasy RPG. Two kingdoms who could not be more different from each other have joined by way of the political marriage between King Erikson Ravencrest and Queen Brynn Duskwither. Ravencrest, a near totalitarian society now must loosen its strict rules in order to fit into the more democratic kingdom of Duskwither. Despite this union, the lands of Knotwood are still restless. Not all are pleased with the joining of these two worlds and the people of both countries rest uneasy as rumor persists that Erikson wishes control over both lands completely. In a show of good faith, the two kingdoms agreed to create a joint Fellowship, a shining example of unity, trust and justice. The group consists of the most elite warriors of the kingdom an is led by members of both Royal houses. However, the rivalry between the two countries and their political views places hairline fractures in an otherwise sound group of young individuals. It can be agreed however that both sides want peace and both sides work diligently towards ensuring that. With the ever encroaching threats of rival factions, evil beasts and fantastical creatures of which the people of Knotwood share this land with one thing is assured in that adventure in this vast and amazing land is never lacking.

month and weather
Iunius, Year 784. There are 30 days in this month. It is currently late spring in the lands of both Duskwither and Ravencrest. Summer brings scorching heat to the mainlands and excruciatingly more to Emmersend.
quick links
New Players
      Plot and Information
      Races and Classes
      Rules and Regulations
      Calendar and Time
      Cities and Villages
      Fellowship Listing
      Canon List
      Dynamic Time
      Face Claim
      Character Sheet

Established Players
      Posting Procedure
      Ye Ol' Cliffnotes
      Characters in Play
      NPC List
      Knotwood Polyvore Group
C-BOX
For questions, please post here if an admin isn't about. The main admin runs on EST. Please read all info before asking, and for questions regarding stats and activity, click here.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post )  add reply  new topic  new poll 

Crystalwick Fishing, Martius 15 | OPEN.
Celaena Mikhail
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 03:03 AM

The Mystic
Group Icon

Group: Duskwither
Member No.: 20

Celaena laughed lightly with a smile on her face. "because that's the most scandalous thing you've ever done." Once the boat was closer to her, she lifted her skirts to avoid getting them remotely wet--she couldn't prevent it forever though she'd try her hardest to--and stepped into it. She snorted at Andrika's dramatics and then laughed. "What a gentleman you are," Celaena teased as she took a seat. Once Rhyannon entered the beat, she scooted to make room for her. "We wouldn't get killed. Injured, maybe but never killed." Celaena was always overly optimistic. "I wouldn't anyways because I have luck on my side." Sometimes. Okay, less than half of the time but who bothered to keep up with that kind of stuff?

The mystic took the bottle from her friend and took a small drink. She knew better than to swig because she'd learned her lesson the hard way the last time. Cel crinkled her nose and shook her head. "I think I'll pass but thanks for the offer. I have an odd feeling that I'll be seeing one someday in a vision." That was pretty much how she'd learned about the world was through her visions. Without them then she would have lived a sheltered life in Crystalwick and been a wife by the time that she was eighteen. "Just so long as that spot holds fun then that's right up my alley." She grinned widely at the prospect of an adventure.
Andrika Duskwither
Posted: Mar 22 2011, 05:12 PM

The Archer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

"The plan is to entrap the largest fish we can find..." Her fist curled in defiance, momentarily stopping her rowing in order to do so. The woman continued to row, the boat slowly making its way towards the ocean by way of the path that the river made. "Mermaids are too pretty and I'm already jealous of these brothel women that keep being brought up..." Her eyes narrowed towards Drystan but her lips held a steady grin to denote her jest. He brow raised when the old man was brought up and the grin grew just a little bit wider. "Who said I wouldn't be obliging to his demands?" Her head turned innocently, though to those who knew Andrika at least in some part knew she wasn't one to go that far where it concerned obtaining information and more often than not it involved an arrow to the throat. They moved along the coast until they arrived to the particular spot she had been told. There was a large willow tree that bent along the edge, large roots winding around the rocks and the loose ground of the cliff. Andrika cast her line as she took a sip of her wine, finding a few bites and catching fish but none were bigger than a foot in length so she threw each one back. It was however a half hour on the sea did her line tug harshly.

Her eyes widened, putting down her now empty bottle on the base of the boat as she stood up. As she yanked, a large frilled shark twisted out of the ocean waters, splashing those within the boat. It was at least six feet tall in length, though curved it was difficult to tell. Andrika suddenly gasped as the beast spoke with her on a level only the Ranger could understand. "RHYANNON! IT'S HIM!" Yes, it was HIM. The fish that of which cause Andrika to loose the Crystalwick Fishing tournament four years ago. The exact same fish. As she struggled the boat rocked and the young woman tried to hold it steady. It was sudden, but the line snapped, the string slapping her in the face, leaving a cut across her cheek. "Prepare to die." Her angered voice growled as she took a knife from inside of her boot and cut at the length of her dress with a tear, exposing the length of her legs as she tossed the fabric aside. "If I'm not back up in ten minutes...it just means I haven't stabbed it enough..." With a smooth leap the woman dove into the water flawlessly, swimming her way down to meet the sea beast face to face. To those on the surface, minutes would pass. Nothing. If anyone dared to dive into the water, they would see a faint glow five feet down and emanating in the direction towards the shore but no drowning Andrika.
Rhyannon Gianes
Posted: Mar 30 2011, 03:01 AM

The Druid
Group Icon

Member No.: 11

Drystan's suspicious glance was not lost on the Druid but the young woman simply shrugged her shoulders innocently as if had no idea as to why he would make such a foul look in her direction. The mention of the night she had been under the poison of the wretched scerren beast however, caused her own features to take on a more sour look. "Another word from you Assassin and you'll lose those lovely locks and possibly a bit of scalp." She would never honestly harm a hair on the man's head, truth be known she was quite fond of him and held him in great regard, an opinion she held of very few men. The feelings could of course be easily misconstrued as a crush but that wasn't it case in the least. To be honest the Druid had hopes that the curly haired Adonis would one day don the title brother in law. She would never admit that to either Andrika or Drystan though.

They were settled at sea, Andrika doing most of the fishing while Rhyan focused on scooping small fish from the service and feeding them to her little cub Löwe. It seemed it was the only way she could hold his attention and keep him from moving to Drystan for some attention. There was an odd connection between the assassin and the tiny cub, the man would snuggle the little creature and coo to it as a father would a child. It was only one more thing that warmed Rhyan's heart about the man. The sound of Andrika's excitement nearly sent the druid flying from the little boat, her hands instantly taking the hilt of her sword as she jumped to her feet. It was the site of the large fish that set her soul at easy but the snap of the line and her sister diving in after the beast however once again placed her in alarm.

Rhyan made no quick attempt to take the sea and follow her sister, not until the strange glow from the sea caused her alarm. "I'm following her!" The druid quick tossed her dress to the side standing in her knickers only a moment before she dove into the depths of the sea.
Drystan Hurst
Posted: Apr 1 2011, 01:31 PM

▪ Alchemist Extraordinaire ▪
Group Icon

Member No.: 7

It was clearly no secret Drystan’s fishing skills were lacking but his attempts at it were there. He didn’t use the method Andrika had tried to teach him of throwing it over his shoulder cause really there were three people with him in the rickety boat and he doubted either woman would appreciate getting accidentally pierced into their skin. Instead, he spend most of the time playing with the tiger cub, wiggling his fingers at Lowe to stroking the fur under his neck or playfully taunting him by summoning dark strays of mist for him to swat his paws at. The Assassin had always mocked being terrified of the small cub as it could be turned into a full grown feline at Rhyan’s command, but that was merely him jesting, often clear by the attention he offered the Druid’s pet, unable to resist snuggling the adorable cub though it might’ve lessened the intimidation factor, if he were to care about it.

The sudden commotion made a small stray of mist disappear abruptly, leaving the small cub make a noise in disappointment as he had never got the chance to catch it. His eyebrows rose as the two women either shredded or disrobed of their clothes before both leaped into the water after the fish. Him?” he said, eyes shifting toward the Mystic remaining in the boat. “You know it’s personal if she calls the fish him.” he added with a bit of a smirk before he shook his head a little in amusement, hand patting Lowe on the head as he turned his eyes on him. “If I get my curls wet, at least you should keep your fur dry.” He tousled the tiger cub before he stood up in the boat, grinning slightly a bit at the Mystic before he jumped into the water , pausing for a second while he was under sea level to look around. He saw no sign of the fish, just an indistinctive blur of a woman’s figure swimming toward a blurry glow underneath, the Assassin beginning to dive toward it as well.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic OptionsPages: (2) 1 [2]   add reply  new topic  new poll 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0999 seconds | Archive
skin by novia of rcr, RPG-D, and shadowplay