DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

We are a Harry Potter-based, post-book game set in the present day. Lord Voldemort has been defeated and the wizarding world is back to business as usual, and business as usual for thousands of underaged wizards and witches world-wide means skipping school, drinking, cheating, stealing, and fighting. Play as an inmate, a marshal, or one of the creatures native to the island.

Welcome to Furiae Correctional Facility, the only international institution that will whoop your children so you don't have to.

Quick Login

Administrators

Skin modified from Undone by AJ Vixen of RCR.

Pages: (2) 1 [2]  ( Go to first unread post ) Add Reply New Topic

Sitting on the Dock of the Bay... Kinda.
Aiden Chiskovi
Posted: Aug 8 2011, 09:38 PM

levelTHREE
Group Icon

Group: Inmate (Tisiphone)
Member No.: 15

Aiden watched with interest as the little human girl struggled her way back. It never occurred to him to help her. Why wouldn't a female know her way out of a stream? In his village, the women were the strong ones, the fierce ones, the fighters. They would get offended if you tried to help them out of a sticky situation.

"You're the one that backed into the river," he commented, watching her with his dark brown gaze, "not my fault you can't use your eyes."

After struggling and floundering about like a wounded rabbit, the girl was back out. She seemed rather perturbed, which was only natural. Aiden grinned finally at her whining, exposing the fanged teeth.

"Not going to make fun of you...much," he said, "I've fallen in a good many times. Though, to be fair, I didn't take so long to get out."

He was about to make another comment when suddenly his ears twitched, hearing something behind him. He froze, looking like a living, ferocious statue. Not even his breath made a noise. Slowly, slowly, he turned without a single rustle. Then, in a blinding flash, a movement too fast for a human, he leapt towards a bush on all fours. A rustle, a snap, and a squeal indicated he'd caught something live.

"Rabbit!" he crowed, emerging from the bush with the limp animal in his hands and blood on his teeth, "finally real food!"

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0050
View Background • Make Alliance
Fallon Pollock
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 12:25 AM

levelONE
Group Icon

Group: Inmate (Alecto)
Member No.: 62

Although she'd gone to school in the magical hub that was the town of Salem, Massachusetts, it was important to remember that Fallon had essentially grown up in the middle of nowhere. For some reason, Central Maine attracted all sorts of hicks, and whenever muggles came calling by their neck of the woods it was always to slaughter animals. Fallon and her family lived right in the middle of Moose Country, though she hadn't seen many moose in her life (though more than the average person, she imagined). In addition to moose there were bears and deer and rabbits and pheasants and turkeys and all sorts of other moving targets for people to come and murder. Fishing was quite popular, too, if you could deal with the giant spiders that tended to live near smaller bodies of water. She'd lived in that environment her whole life and she still didn't like it. They were so lucky to live amongst such beauty. Why did people see the need to destroy life with their murder machines? Spotting a moose's giant silhouette at twilight was a thrilling experience, but seeing a moose's head mounted on the wall just made her sick.

She understood killing to eat. She understood the circle of life and all it entailed. It wasn't just humans who hunted in the woods around her home. She'd encountered more than one animal's cold dead body while outside playing during her childhood. There was just something about seeing some defenseless creature all bloody and lifeless that got to her and made her heart hurt. Looking at dead animals terrified her – it sped up her heart and forced her to look away. She would have had a similar reaction if she'd encountered a human corpse. It was just uncomfortable. At a certain point it got very difficult to imagine that mangled, bleeding creatures were 'just sleeping.'

The rabbit that Aiden was holding was definitely not 'just sleeping.' She gasped upon seeing it and immediately her lip began to tremble. In seconds Fallon's soaking wet form was wracked with tears. It was just a little bunny! It hadn't done a thing to him or to anybody!

“I hope you're happy,” she sobbed, looking away so she wouldn't have to see the blood or the small, furry corpse. She rose to her feet and began to retreat quickly, wanting to be as far away from this boy as she could get. She didn't think he'd really hurt her, but now she wasn't so sure. Normal people didn't go around murdering little rabbits! “I won't come back!” she shouted to him with a sniff, stalking back through the woods, her robes and hair dripping, “I don't care! If you want this spot so bad you can have it!”She wanted to just throw herself on the ground and have a fit right there, but she forced herself to keep walking back toward the facility.

Fallon, it seemed, was going to have to find a new happy place.

--------------------
I am Inmate 0009
Aiden Chiskovi
Posted: Aug 9 2011, 11:20 PM

levelTHREE
Group Icon

Aiden was confused. Most she wolves he knew would have been happy to share a rabbit with him, especially one so plump as this. It was much better food than the weak tidbits they served in the 'chow hall' as they called it. Not much chow going on there. But she didn't seem so enthused. Humans were so confusing.

"Wait a second!" he started, but she had already begun running away.

Sighing, he looked at the rabbit with regret. Well, he could save it for later. Stowing it under some leaves beneath a bush, he went off to find the weak little human girl. While he jogged he licked off his fingers. No reason to waste good blood, and it did taste wonderfully wild after the bland meat in the facility. Maybe she wasn't used to seeing meat killed like that. What did she expect him to do, though? Just let the rabbit run off?

"Hey wait up," he called, catching up to her with no problem, "what's wrong? I was trying to be your friend!"

He honestly thought it was a good offering. To a wolf, sharing food was a gesture of good will. Aiden wouldn't have just let anyone share his food. But this Fallon seemed nice enough, even if her strange habits confused him. Were all humans like her? He kind of hoped not, although it was fun to talk to her.

"I don't know about your strange human ways!" he exclaimed, cutting in front of her and barring her way with his body, "tell me what I did wrong."

He looked her in the eyes and gave her his patented 'puppy face'. His brown eyes seemed to melt into chocolatey pool, shimmering slightly with unshed tears. His lip stuck out a bit, his face settled into an expression of sadness mixed with 'take me home and love me'. It hadn't failed him before.

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0050
Fallon Pollock
Posted: Aug 10 2011, 02:55 PM

levelONE
Group Icon

She didn't want him to follow her. She wanted to get away from him and hide in the barracks and never, ever talk to him again ever! Fallon wasn't a fast runner to begin with – and with the addition of her sopping wet clothing, she was lagging behind even more than one might have expected. She was essentially shuffling through the woods, slowed down by roots and branches and organic debris. If Aiden hadn't been pursuing her, she probably would have kept going at her present (admittedly pathetic) speed and would probably have landed on her face. Because she heard him calling, however, she instinctively slowed, despite the fact that it was the exact opposite of what she'd wanted to do. When he'd caught up to her she stopped, sniffling as she kept her mouth shut and listened to what he had to say.

She crossed her arms over her chest and refused to turn around and face him – if he wanted to talk to her, he could talk to the hand... erm, back.

"I don't know about your strange human ways! Tell me what I did wrong.”

She turned around then, looking at him, and immediately came face to face with his big, old puppy dog eyes. She was still pouting and her face was still wet with tears – her expression didn't change much even when met with his own pout. She didn't feel bad for him. He'd made her upset and now he was upset – that seemed perfectly fair. It was also unusual, though. Usually when people made fun of her or tried to upset her they just laughed. She didn't really understand what was going on. She was still upset, though, so she pouted right back at him, sniffling all the while.

“Murdering isn't nice,” she sobbed pathetically, wiping at her tear stained face with her equally damp hands – her efforts to disperse the tears were futile. “I don't like it when people kill things when they don't deserve it,” she explained, “Or even if they do deserve it! I don't think anybody should have to die just because somebody else says so!” Now she was getting slightly off topic, but she didn't even realize it – few noticed much of anything while caught up in an emotional rant. “Boys are always so mean. Why do boys always make fun of me? And kill things?” she asked with a sad little grunt. Clearly she'd been in Furiae for far too long.

--------------------
I am Inmate 0009
Aiden Chiskovi
Posted: Aug 11 2011, 11:57 PM

levelTHREE
Group Icon

Well, at least she was facing him now. She was doing that crying thing again, though. So odd. Did all humans cry so much? All the humans he'd known were turned within a few moons, so he had never met a human his age. Maybe it was just this Fallon human girl. He hadn't observed any of the other human inmates crying, at least not as much as she did. He'd had plenty of opportunity to observe, too.

"It's not murder!" he protested, keeping his puppy facade, "the rabbit is here to be tasty food. It's the food chain. Grass gets eaten by rabbit, rabbit gets eaten by me. If it wasn't me, it would be an owl, or a fox, or a centaur out hunting, or a troll, or any other thing!"

He really didn't get what her problem was. It was a clean kill, and it was his fair and square! Actually, he was a bit upset he had to stow it away under leaves. Not that he was going to be picky about it, especially considering the other option was the bland, flavorless chow hall food, but it would taste kind of like leaves and dirt when he went back to it. Besides, everyone knew rabbits were better warm.

"I'm not making fun of you," he said quietly, wondering if she was even hearing him, "and the rabbit didn't even know what happened. That's first rule of the hunting - you don't cause prey pain if you help it. The whole pack knows it."

Why was she so upset? He hadn't killed anything of hers - the rabbit was obviously wild and free game. It wasn't like he'd tortured it.

"Do you not like meat?" he wondered, questioning if he should even be talking to this obviously insane girl human.

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0050
Fallon Pollock
Posted: Aug 15 2011, 01:27 AM

levelONE
Group Icon

“I don't care if you want to eat it, but you didn't have to be mean and show it to me all fluffy and dead!” she pouted, crossing her arms tightly over her chest. While Aiden was completely perplexed and thrown off by Fallon's behavior, she was completely perplexed and thrown off by his. Even knowing he wasn't entirely human, and even knowing he lived in the woods, Fallon couldn't reconcile the fact that somebody who looked so human would act in a way that was so counter to everything she knew about how people who looked like him typically acted.

“And you didn't have to drool blood all over the place,” she muttered, her voice growing softer and more bitter. She wrinkled her nose at him in distaste. “And you didn't have to kill it in the first place.” It wasn't like they didn't feed them at the facility! He wasn't starving! He hadn't killed the animal to perpetuate his survival! That totally invalidated his argument in her eyes. If he was an owl or a fox then she would have been understanding. She'd still be upset to see a dead bunny, but she could justify it. But he wasn't a fox. He was a mean boy and she wanted him to go away. “You didn't need it! I know you didn't! And now it's dead for nothing and I had to see it!” she whined, her voice continuing to waver erratically as she proceeded to sniffle miserably.

”Do you not like meat?”

“Only sometimes,” she answered grumpily, trying to ebb the flow of her tears. “I only like it if I know where it comes from. If I,” sniffle, “know the conditions of the animals.” She generally considered herself a selective vegetarian. At the facility it was a lot harder to pull off – she sort of had to take what she could get – but she still tried. She liked the idea of being 'connected' to her food... but she didn't want to be connected to her food in the way that Aiden seemed to be. That was just... well... it was... she just didn't like it, okay?!

She looked at him a moment, trying to decide if she wanted to continue to storm off toward the facility or stay and preach to him the benefits of supporting cage-free farming initiatives. Instead, she just took him in. She just didn't understand what he was and she was sick of trying to pretend she didn't care!

“What are you?” she asked him, somewhat meekly, just trying to figure him out. He obviously wasn't going to come right out and say it without some prompting or he would have already. “If you live in the woods and you eat bunnies, then what are you?” She wasn't aware of any humanoid magical creatures who hunted rabbits and made girls cry.

--------------------
I am Inmate 0009
Aiden Chiskovi
Posted: Aug 16 2011, 11:12 PM

levelTHREE
Group Icon

Aiden still didn't quite get how he was being mean. Rabbits were food - everyone knew that! Yeah, rabbits were fluffy, but it was more annoying than anything. All that hair got in your teeth and in your mouth, and it certainly didn't sit well in his stomach. He'd never thought of it as a good thing, as she seemed to. What a strange person!

"I wasn't trying to be mean!" he protested, feeling affronted that she didn't think he was a good hunter, "and I don't drool!"

Maybe he did when he slept, but he wasn't about to tell her that. Aiden wiped the back of his mouth with his hand angrily, just in case. No, no drool there. Just that crying Fallon being dramatic.

"You try eating the food they serve us! It's not even real food!" he growled back, taking a step closer, "and it damn well isn't as good as a rabbit, or any of the other food I'm used to eating. All their meat has been dead for like at least a week, and it tastes disgusting. Like eating bark."

Maybe these humans were used to eating the bland, tasteless slop, and that was why she didn't see how bad it was. Maybe the food they served here was what everyone ate, all the time. Well, his parents had told him a bit of the outside world stories, at least what had been passed down through the generations.

"You saw where the rabbit came from! Right from the woods! Doesn't get fresher than that!" he said, wondering what she meant, "and he looked in pretty good condition. Nice and fat."

Was there some other bad place food came from? Maybe she just meant she didn't like it when the best food wasn't offered to her. He'd thought the rabbit was a good one - certainly any other female would have enjoyed it - but maybe she had different standards. He hoped she wasn't accusing him of eating anything sick or old or skinny. Aiden was too proud to eat scraps like that.

It was her next question, though, that made him really stop and question her. What was he? Was Fallon addled in the brain? Sometimes it happened to wolves, either if they got hit too many times or wrestled too much or were just born that way. They didn't live too long after, but Fallon was his age. She didn't seem like a stupid person, just very confused, but it was a very stupid question.

"What am I?" he said, stepping so close his face was inches from hers, "I'm a werewolf, of course. What else would look like me? Know others with fangs and fur and claws?!"

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0050
Fallon Pollock
Posted: Aug 18 2011, 04:14 PM

levelONE
Group Icon

He was a werewolf.

Oh, okay.

...Wait, what?

Fallon knew about werewolves. She knew about them because she knew about much of the injustice that went on in wizarding America and the world, and werewolves were one of the most under served populations of all. There were a million cruel laws in place to keep werewolves, who were also people, from being people. There were cage laws and employment laws and discrimination laws. They were disrespected. They lacked services and opportunities. She knew all of this because she campaigned against all of this. She went to benefits for all of this. This was her cause! None of the other werewolves she'd ever heard of or met had fangs and fur and claws, except for during one night out of the month.

“Werewolves don't have claws all of the time,” she told him with a sniff, feeling fairly confident about that assertion, “Or fur. Or anything! Werewolves are just people!” Her mind was actively being blown. She looked at him critically, taking in his wolf-like features. “And they don't live in the woods. And they don't eat bunnies.” She shifted uncomfortably in her wet robes, even more unsure of what to make of this strange wild boy. Everything he said was confusing the hell out of her. He probably couldn't have confused her more if he was actually trying to confuse her.

“Are you making fun of me again?” she asked him, her lip trembling. She looked set to start bawling all over again. She bawled up her fists and grit her teeth and her breath started coming heavy and agitated. This is what she hated more than anything else in the world! She stomped at the ground like a toddler, producing small, pathetic whining noises. This was what the boys who used to make fun of her absolutely loved – the part when she got so utterly worked up that she went off the deep end and started putting on a show for their amusement. She couldn't help herself! It was this kind of behavior from bullies that sent her over the edge and got her sent to the facility in the first place! Aiden was lucky there were no chairs around.

--------------------
I am Inmate 0009
Aiden Chiskovi
Posted: Aug 23 2011, 08:26 PM

levelTHREE
Group Icon

He resolved to be patient with Fallon. She was definitely a bit insane in the head - probably just been knocked around a bit. He, of course, could see how obvious it was that he was a werewolf. Pointy ears, fangs, all the rest - all clear indicators. Aiden wasn't just any old werewolf, either, he was the purest blooded werewolf in the forest! Not only wizard blood wise, but also werewolf blood.

"I do, so obviously you are wrong," he said with the air of a parent being patient with a child, "and I am people. Just a person who is a werewolf. Also I do live in the woods and eat rabbits - they are tasty!"

Rabbits were good food. They were a bit hard to catch, sometimes, but that made it all the more fun! Had he been back at his village he would have cooked it, but it was just as good raw. Aiden really really hoped that the rabbit wouldn't get stolen by a fox or something.

"Why would I make fun of you?" he asked, confused, "What else would I be? I would be in the woods, of course, but they captured us and put these bracelets on us and locked us up!"

His fists began to clench and his teeth gritted at the thought. How dare they come into his home and take him away? How dare they lock him up? But it wasn't Fallon's fault. He couldn't be mad at her. Aiden forced himself to calm down, settled the wolf raging in his heart. Fallon wouldn't know how to catch a werewolf if they had been knocked unconscious.

"I knew we weren't common out of the island, but I didn't know we were that uncommon," he mused, scratching his mussed hair.

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0050
Fallon Pollock
Posted: Aug 29 2011, 01:19 PM

levelONE
Group Icon

It didn't really matter what Aiden said at this point. Fallon had already jumped off the deep end and was swimming chest-deep in Crazy – and the water was only rising. She'd already started her tantrum and it would have taken a lot more self control than the Alecto girl currently possessed to get her to stop.

Her eyes were huge and accusing, and she looked about ready to start ripping her own hair out clump by clump. Instead of attacking herself, however, she just kept snorting like a little bull and staring angrily down toward the ground. At some point her thumb found its way to her mouth – another one of the myriad reasons why boys liked to get her worked up. It was a reflex. Any time she was upset and found herself stuck in an uncomfortable situation, her thumb somehow found itself to her mouth and rapid-fire thumb-sucking commenced. She wanted to go away but she knew that he was just going to follow her and keep making fun of her! She just had to wait for him to go away and leave her alone.

“Leave...me...alone,” she begged between giant, over-dramatic sobs of exasperation, her words slightly muddled thanks to the finger she was still actively sucking on as if for dear life. “Don't...be...mean...to me!” she continued. She genuinely sounded like a worked up four year old who had missed her nap that day. A quiet time out might have done Fallon some good, actually.

She hadn't heard anything he said. Why should she listen anymore? He was just mean!

--------------------
I am Inmate 0009
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Pages: (2) 1 [2]  Add Reply New Topic

• RPG-Directory • • redcarpet&&rebellion. • • Shadowplay • The Fireplace: Rolplay And Resources for ALL Players •

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2955 seconds | Archive