DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

We are a Harry Potter-based, post-book game set in the present day. Lord Voldemort has been defeated and the wizarding world is back to business as usual, and business as usual for thousands of underaged wizards and witches world-wide means skipping school, drinking, cheating, stealing, and fighting. Play as an inmate, a marshal, or one of the creatures native to the island.

Welcome to Furiae Correctional Facility, the only international institution that will whoop your children so you don't have to.

Quick Login

Administrators

Skin modified from Undone by AJ Vixen of RCR.

Locked New Topic New Poll

Sleeping in class, Mr. Warrington?, [inactive]
Jacob Warrington
Posted: May 25 2011, 07:33 PM

levelFOUR
Group Icon

Group: Inmate (Tisiphone)
Member No.: 25

Jacob Warrington had hoped, having taken Astronomy at Hogwarts and having failed miserably at it (with a D grade, meaning ‘Dreadful’), that he would never be compelled to attend another Astronomy lesson ever again. He was wrong.

There Jacob sat at a worn-down wooden desk in a small circular room with twenty other inmates, each looking through their telescopes up at the night sky and copying down notes and symbols onto the star charts in front of them. Jacob sat near the back of the classroom, although he was surrounded by other inmates on all sides. The professor (a marshal who didn’t seem any more interested in the subject than the rest of the inmates) sat in the front grading papers and didn't seem to notice as students whispered and copied notes off their friends.

Jacob looked through his telescope once more: he could see the forest and the river stretching out across the island. It seemed even creepier at night. He knew he needed to aim the telescope higher, so he adjusted the knobs on his telescope and took another look. He wasn’t sure if he had it right… he was too tired to really focus or to care. Actually, he had skipped sleeping yesterday night and met his friends down in the hallways for hours of nighttime fun (the most fun he had had since he had arrived) – and now he was paying for it. Of course the Astronomy class was held at midnight, so instead of being able to sleep, he had to be here tonight. He had been awake for nearly two full days already, and his friends were lucky enough not to be in this class.

Jacob played with the knobs at the base of his telescope and leaned his head down on the desk to get a better look at them. He sighed… there was something really comforting about being able to lay his head down just for a second. He felt his eyes become heavier, heavier, and…

The sky was clear and dark; the stars were above and yet an unnatural light filled the clearing. Jacob was outside in the forest, far from the facility. The woods were silent. A white tree stood in the clearing's center, its bare bark smooth and lifeless. Its dead, empty branches twisted skywards. It seemed to radiate a freezing cold.

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0035
View BackgroundMake AllianceRead Memoir
Ariya Loch
Posted: May 25 2011, 08:30 PM

levelTWO
Group Icon

Member No.: 9

Stupid astronomy... she hadn't liked it while she was at muggle school, why would she like it here? They were really super into this stuff it seemed in this place... weird. They seemed to think you could actually predict things and know what was going to happen, find star signs and all that. It was like they had all been raised on those cheesy magazine horoscopes. But that was all it was... fake. She didn't believe in this stuff. Then again, just a little while ago she didn't believe in magic either and here she was, imprisoned in a weird magic land against her will... joy.

Leaning her cheek on her hand she wasn't even looking into her telescope. Just staring forward her eyelids were dropping heavily but she managed to keep them open. She didn't want to fall asleep again. She knew what would happen... what had been happening for a while now. It was what was keeping her up at night and haunting her during the day. She was hoping it was just stress, but never before had she had consecutive dreams. The same one... night after night after night. It was exhausting and she would always wake with a start in cold sweat just to whine and pull her pillow over her head.

Looking up to the lens of her telescope, she reached up, gently twisting the knobs, just playing with it to keep herself conscious. She didn't need to get in trouble for falling asleep in cla-...
Pausing she looked over to the boy close by her. Well... it seemed someone had already managed to do that. Stupid... why have these classes so late at night? She was tired... around the full moon was the worst, she would always feel ill.

Yawning she watched Jacob but didn't say anything. Instead she looked around a bit before squirming down in her chair and reaching his with her foot, pushing it a little. He might as well wake up... no need for him to get in trouble right? They all got in trouble enough for no reason anyhow.

--------------------
I am Inmate 0022
Lin Bai
Posted: May 25 2011, 11:16 PM

levelONE
Group Icon

Member No.: 53

She needed a change. The barracks were getting depressing. It wasn't that she was finally getting sick of the Facility, but that something bad had just happened. Every once and a while a dream would strike her. This dream would cause her to feel an uncomfortable choking sensation in her throat. These were usually visions, but this one hadn't been one at all. It had a different feeling to it, but it wasn't just a dream. There was a nagging sensation in her stomach that told her so. Just behind it, there had been a vision, but she couldn't see through the images to the vision. This was just odd. Lin didn't like being confused, and whenever she was the barracks just made her get angry.

So, now she was sitting in the athenaeum at midnight. There was an astronomy class going on right now, and Lin loved astronomy. Growing up all she had known was the stars. The sun was a foreign and magical object to her, but the stars... Well they were familiar like her mother's soft and cool embrace. Staring up at the stars almost made her want to cry, but she was a big girl now. Big girls didn't cry, especially in front of younger peers. Her eyes glanced over toward the two. This would probably be the first time they ever saw her without her thick blanket cloak. The Furiae robe was hanging on the chair behind her. The gray blouse went up to her wrists, and she wore the long gray billowing skirt in style. The clothing hugged against the curves of her body, showing off a slim and barely curved body. After all, vampires had to appear harmless to their prey.

There were a couple other students here, both were gratefully from her own house. They were a couple of wolf pups. One of them she was quite fond of, okay she was fond of both of them. While Lin would never admit it, she loved the little girl named Ariya. Her big brown eyes just made Lin melt and wrap around her fingers. As for the boy, well he was just attractive. Not in a sexual way mind you, but the naive stupidity that surrounded him. Of course, Lin had always lied to herself, but pursuing relationships with people who wouldn't live to be 900 wasn't worth it.

Still, she found herself leaning over him from behind with a soft smile. "Wakey wakey," she cooed in an attempt to wake him. Normally she would never be so rash, but it was night time. This was her time, and she wouldn't be confined at this hour. It probably helped she was a tad hungry. When the girl pushed the chair she was leaning over, Lin squealed lightly. She hadn't been expecting that rather sudden movement. Lin quickly leaned back before the boy found the back of his head snug between her breasts.

"You two shouldn't seem so bored. The stars are beautiful, and every one tells a story."

--------------------
I am Inmate 0047
Jacob Warrington
Posted: May 26 2011, 03:04 PM

levelFOUR
Group Icon

Jacob felt someone nudge his feet, and he woke up. Though he kept his head lying on the desk because even the hard wood felt like a fluffy pillow when you hadn’t slept for two days. Then he heard a feminine voice say, “Wakey wakey.” He tried to ignore her. Why couldn’t his fellow inmates just let him rest? Then he heard a chair sliding and a squeal, and felt a body against the back of his head. He was suddenly awake and sat up straight; boobs could do that.

Trying to get some sleep during class just wasn’t going to work out. He was sort of glad he had been woken up… nothing to do with the class. He had been having strange dreams lately (apparently he was not the only one?) and was not eager to revisit that particular dream. He knew how it ended. Why couldn’t he dream of falling off a bridge or riding a unicorn while naked like a normal person?

He turned to Ariya and Lin and gave them a thumbs-up sign to indicate that he was good and awake now. Their house, Tisiphone, would not be losing any points because of his sleeping… at least not tonight.

"You two shouldn't seem so bored. The stars are beautiful, and every one tells a story,” said Lai.

“What, you’re some sort of hippie now?” asked Jacob derisively. “When I look at the stars I don’t see beautiful stories… I just see answers on Astronomy tests that I will probably fail anyway.”

Jacob adjusted the crinkly parchment in front of him (lucky he hadn’t drooled on it) and noticed that he was not even halfway done yet. He glanced up to the clock, then turned and whispered to the girls: “Mind if I look over a few of your answers? Lin, I take back what I said about you being a hippie… what I meant to say is that you’re a smart, beautiful, and generous woman who will give me all the right answers.”

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0035
Ariya Loch
Posted: May 26 2011, 03:21 PM

levelTWO
Group Icon

Glancing to Lin, Ariya watched as she woke Jacob and the girl relaxed. Some of these teachers were insane and she wouldn't put it past them to punish the whole house if just one of them were sleeping.
At least something interesting was happening now? Her big brown eyes wandered between the pair of them and when nudging his chair she almost giggled at the squeal and puts a hand quickly to her lips looking back down at her paper.

She never laughed anymore, she just didn't. It drew attention, the professors didn't seem to like them being happy.
Peering up at Lin through her hair she blinked, watching cluelessly and looking up at the stars while Jacob mentioned something about hippies.
Her eyes wandered, caught the shape of the waning cresent that was the moon at the moment and a shudder slipped through her body.
"I don't like the night time." She mumbled, dipping her quill again and swirling it down the side of the page, just doodling. "Moon's the worst part."

Glancing to Jacob she shook her head and took her hand off her page. "I don't have anything either... I don't get it, I barely even know what half these words mean..." She frowned looking at her page. "We never did this in regular school." She muttered softly to herself, going back to doodling. Despite being young and working with the older kids, she also didn't understand most of what was going on, but that wasn't new she wasn't excelling at anything really.

--------------------
I am Inmate 0022
Lin Bai
Posted: May 26 2011, 03:39 PM

levelONE
Group Icon

Member No.: 53

Lin chuckled at the thumbs up that the boy gave her. Did he really feel the need to do that? It was quite obvious to her that he was awake. Lin walked between the two pups and sat down on the desk watching them. Her legs are crossed as she looked between them. Her skirt was long enough that is still pretty much covered everything but her ankles. Both her eyes narrowed toward Jacob as he asked if she was a hippie.

"Well, vampires are hippies of a sort, at least I am," she began. "We both only eat organic food..." Her voice trailed down as she reached out and attempted to run her finger across the air in front Jacob's neck. "As a vampire, stars are all I knew growing up," a soft bittersweet chuckle escaped her lips. "It's not like I could watch the sun set or anything, so the stars were the next best thing."

"Sorry pup, I took this class twenty years ago," shrugged Lin with a soft smirk. "I'll help you find the answers, but I can't give them to you. That wouldn't be very fair." Lin slid off the table and sat down next to him. "Besides, flattery gets you everywhere but here."

She looked toward Ariya and sighed. "I'm sure the moon is just as afraid of you as you are of it!" It made no sense, but that was how things generally went in this world. "Now, move closer over here. I'll help you both out." Lin beckoned for Ariya to move closer.

--------------------
I am Inmate 0047
Jacob Warrington
Posted: May 26 2011, 05:32 PM

levelFOUR
Group Icon

"Well, vampires are hippies of a sort, at least I am," she began. "We both only eat organic food..."

Jacob would have laughed if the thought didn’t make him sick to his stomach. She meant humans, right? It’s true that Jacob while in wolf form had ripped some living things to pieces, they were still only animals. Big difference.

"Sorry pup, I took this class twenty years ago,"

“Pup?” Jacob repeated indignantly. “You should see me in wolf form. I’m more than a pup. I’m huge – and I could take you down too.” He hoped the other wolves in the room had overheard them. There was a bit of rivalry between the werewolves and vampires of course, but he didn’t really buy into it. Jacob thought he might earn some respect for saying it and it was a safe enough thing to say though without actually having to act on it because the werewolves were separated from everyone else during their transformations. It was all just talk, basically.

"I'll help you find the answers, but I can't give them to you. That wouldn't be very fair. "

Jacob frowned at her rejection. “You’re in an f-ing prison. You think people care about being fair here? Some people would just Accio the paper and magically make a copy of it.” He shook his head sadly. “Too bad I can’t do either of those spells.” When it seemed that Lin was dead-set against copying, Jacob sighed and allowed her to sit next to him. If he had earned any respect from the other wolves by standing up to the 'pup' thing a minute ago, he’d now lost it. Jacob guessed it was either this or failing again.

"I don't like the night time… Moon's the worst part."

Jacob nodded. “So you’re a werewolf too? Sorry I didn’t see you during the last full moon, but I was a little busy in the time. You know the whole mess in the woods, right?” Jacob was still too upset to really talk about it in detail and he hoped Ariya didn’t press the subject any further. “… but I guess I’ll see you down there next time,” he finished, awkwardly. Jacob guessed that talking about that time of the month with girl werewolves was about as awkward as talking about … well, that other time of the month. She probably didn’t want to talk about it any more than he did.

“So, about those answers?” he said, taking his quill and dipping it in ink. “Did you get a good look at Uranus? She said that tonight is a good chance to see it because it will be on the opposite side of Earth, so the sun will light it’s face entirely… right? I couldn’t see it, just a bunch of little dots.” He took the top of the telescope and spun it around in little circles playfully; it was a pretty old piece of equipment that belonged to the facility. Would it really make a difference if it got a little more scratched up?

--------------------
user posted image
I am Inmate 0035
Ariya Loch
Posted: May 28 2011, 06:17 PM

levelTWO
Group Icon

Jacob and Lin were going to head to head and it was interesting to listen to. Her ears perked when she listened to the whole ‘I’m more than a pup’ business. Lucky him, she was small as a human and small as a wolf from what she could gather. It wasn’t like she stopped to look in a mirror or anything, but from what she could remember the next day about the full moons.
She looked down, just doodling on the edge of her paper as the pair of them went on and Jacob defended werewolf honor and all that.

Frowning she looked up towards Lin with a doubtful expression as soon as the moon came up. “Of course it isn’t… it’s not alive or anything.” She mumbled and hesitated, looking towards the table nervously and then Jacob. He didn’t seem that bad… right?
Biting her lower lip she finally scooted over a little. “He didn’t even explain it… how am I supposed to know any of this?” She frowned looking at the questions, her voice quiet. “We never did this stuff in school..”

”So you’re a werewolf too?”
She paused, peeking at Jacob through her hair shyly and nodded a little. Listening about the mess with the rest of the wolves and nodded again. Of course she knew about it… there were lots of random people in their dorm she didn’t even know. It was intimidating even if they were all werewolves too. She didn’t trust anyone; she didn’t care what sort of animal they turned into. “I doubt it..” She mumbled and glanced up at him again. “I haven’t gone outside for it before… they put me in that room.” She shuddered and pulled her paper a little closer, talking about the safe room that had been installed. “Back at the other facility too before we came here… there was one there too… why.. do they let you outside?” She looked up at him curiously.

Pausing and looking back to her paper as they went on about answers she picked up her quil dipping it again and frowning down at her page. “I don’t want to do work.. I’m sleepy.”

--------------------
I am Inmate 0022
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options Locked New Topic New Poll

RPG-Directory redcarpet&&rebellion.ShadowplayThe Fireplace: Rolplay And Resources for ALL Players

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1262 seconds | Archive