|· Portal||Help Search Members Calendar|
|Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )||Resend Validation Email|
|Welcome to FSRD Untar. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Posted: Jun 8 2006, 10:56 PM
Group: Forum Moderators
Member No.: 4
Joined: 22-January 06
International Young Design Entrepreneur of the Year Award Competition 2006
The British Council Indonesia in collaboration with leading professional associations in the Indonesian design industry is seeking a young creative entrepreneur from Indonesia to represent the country in the International Young Design Entrepreneur of the Year Award competition in the UK.
The award is unique because it champions and celebrates the importance of creative entrepreneurs. It sets out to identify and nurture future leaders of the design industry.
The British Council will finance and organise a ten-day visit to the UK from 10 to 24 September 2006. The tour will include visits to London and Glasgow, the Design Museum, the Victoria & Albert Museum, the Lighthouse, the Glasgow School of Art, etc.; meetings with leading designer Sir Terence Conran; seminars; and a chance to participate at the ‘100% Design’ show in London.
In the UK, the Indonesian winner will also compete against other finalists from Brazil, China, India, Lebanon, Lithuania, Oman, Slovenia, South Africa, and Thailand to win a £ 7,500 financial grant that will further develop the entrepreneurial capacity and professional engagement between young creative entrepreneurs in these markets and the UK.
Who can apply?
The British Council is an equal opportunities organisation and encourages application from all sections of the community, including from people with different abilities.
As a standard requirement, all candidates must:
• Have Indonesian citizenship, aged between 25 and 35
• Already work in the design industry in Indonesia for at least 2 years from any of the following sectors:
• Architecture, interiors and environment
• Graphic design: communication, publishing, branding and multimedia
• Product design manufacture: furniture, industrial products and craft
• Interactive and digital media
• Design promotion: exhibitions, events, festivals and retail
• Demonstrate Entrepreneurial ability –a risk-taker with original ideas, a strong understanding of the market, and good corporate and interpersonal skills
• Demonstrate Leadership quality: have self-confidence, an international outlook, and the willingness to act as an agent of change.
• Have English language skills to IELTS 6 or above- ‘competent user’ or above
How to apply?
1. Download the application form available online from our website www.britishcouncil.or.id
2. Complete all sections in the application form and return it by e-mail to email@example.com no later than 23 June 2006.
3. Ten finalists will be short listed and announced on 24 June 2006. Selected finalists are required to send a signed hard copy of application form along with samples of professional output and activities (CDs, VCD/DVDs, media clippings and promo materials) no later than 27 June 2006. Please write “IYDEY Award” on the top left corner of your package and send it care of::
Jakarta Stock Exchange Building, Tower II, 16th Floor
Jalan Jenderal Sudirman Kav. 52 -53
Tel. +62 (21) 515 5561
Fax. +62 (21) 515 5562
4. Ten short-listed candidates will undergo English test and interview by a panel of national selection committee comprising of leading Indonesian design industry professionals and British Council representative in Jakarta, 29 – 30 June 2006.