Skin Apocament designed by Zeus00 of the IF Skin Zone.

Welcome to Extras. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Free Comic Book Day, First Saturday in May
Brandon the Red
Posted: Apr 26 2008, 07:40 PM

The Red
Group Icon

Group: Mod
Member No.: 2

Well, It's coming, And I made sure to ask for the day off. It's a day the major comic publishers release a special issue of some of their books to get people to buy comics, and in my case, it works. Every year Flare, FF, and I hop into a car, grab our favorite caffeinated beverages, possible some Vienna sausages, and make a day of going comic shop to comic shop. I'm looking forward to this year.
Free Comic Day Website

--------------------
"I would like the world to remember me as the guy who really enjoyed playing games and sharing his knowledge and his fun pastimes with everybody else."
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Flare
Posted: Apr 26 2008, 10:24 PM

En-Lightened One
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

Hmm...ROAD TRIP!!!!!

Yeah, while I'm at it, I gotta top off my Xombie collection. I need book #4 & #5 (5 is a double issue and had 6 combined with it)

So yeah, if you haven't guessed, the free comic book day is nearly the only time I finally make it back out to the comic shop to catch up on a few series. Or even check out a few others along the way.

--------------------
<--AV by Emissary
user posted image
In Memory of Gary Gygax (1938-2008)
Brandon the Red
Posted: May 3 2008, 10:24 PM

The Red
Group Icon

This was a fun day.

--------------------
"I would like the world to remember me as the guy who really enjoyed playing games and sharing his knowledge and his fun pastimes with everybody else."
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Brandon the Red
Posted: May 7 2008, 10:31 PM

The Red
Group Icon

Ended up picking up one of these
user posted image

--------------------
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Flare
Posted: May 8 2008, 09:40 PM

En-Lightened One
Group Icon

That was a pretty cool figure.

I ended up finishing off my collection of Xombie: Reanimated. It turned out to be a great series. They cut it short to 5 books, but the 5th turned into a double issue. Deffinately not a let down. Hopefully the books sell well enough that they release more.

--------------------
<--AV by Emissary
user posted image
Brandon the Red
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 12:09 AM

The Red
Group Icon

We gotta do that again some time, haven't done the Free Comic Day road trip since 08

--------------------
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Freedom Fighter
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 12:51 AM

Freedom Enforcer
Group Icon

Group: Trial Mod
Member No.: 4

this year sounds like a winner... what day is it?

--------------------
Don't climb for a life time, only to fall short of infinity.
Brandon the Red
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 12:53 AM

The Red
Group Icon

May, 7

--------------------
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Freedom Fighter
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 12:56 AM

Freedom Enforcer
Group Icon

we should all try to get that off.... those were good times, just hanging out the whole day and such...

--------------------
Brandon the Red
Posted: Mar 24 2011, 12:57 AM

The Red
Group Icon

Yeah, I should really ask for it off when I get back from the con

--------------------
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Flare
Posted: Mar 26 2011, 12:44 PM

En-Lightened One
Group Icon

I already got a post comic book day game ready. Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon (the dnd dungeon crawl board game).

It runs a lot easier than dungeoneer and fits a familiar system.

--------------------
<--AV by Emissary
user posted image
Brandon the Red
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 05:01 PM

The Red
Group Icon

QUOTE (Flare @ Mar 26 2011, 01:44 PM)
I already got a post comic book day game ready.  Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon (the dnd dungeon crawl board game).

How much did that one cost ya? Those D&D board games tend to be up there in price.

--------------------
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Brandon the Red
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 05:10 PM

The Red
Group Icon

QUOTE (Brandon the Red @ May 7 2008, 11:31 PM)
Ended up picking up one of these
user posted image

I love that Power Girl figure so much. I saw a Wonder Woman and a Harley Quinn from the same line at Shuto Con... but they were up there in price. I really agonized over buying them, somehow willpower won over geekdom in that instance... can't say that's the case for the rest of the con.

--------------------
-Gary Gygax, R.I.P.
Freedom Fighter
Posted: Mar 27 2011, 10:33 PM

Freedom Enforcer
Group Icon

QUOTE (Brandon the Red @ Mar 27 2011, 05:01 PM)
QUOTE (Flare @ Mar 26 2011, 01:44 PM)
I already got a post comic book day game ready.  Dungeons & Dragons: Wrath of Ashardalon (the dnd dungeon crawl board game).

How much did that one cost ya? Those D&D board games tend to be up there in price.

considering board games are %50 off atm up at Gamer's Sanctuary, I think he paid $30ish. lol. epic. and from what he's been saying, it does sound amazing. just wish it was Ravenloft. =P

--------------------
Flare
Posted: Mar 28 2011, 09:04 PM

En-Lightened One
Group Icon

Ravenloft would of been fun too. But haven't done much with it myself. But yeah, it was $32 or so. They had select games 50% off. Was going with munchkin quest in mind and got that instead.

You ever grab that WoW game there yet? You have the expansion at brandon's.

--------------------
<--AV by Emissary
user posted image

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2601 seconds · Archive