GREETINGS  

From a human point of view, the death of Heaven and Hell was quiet. Mortals did not notice any changes, but that doesn’t mean that there were none. Hell has risen, slipping up through the cracks, and Heaven has fallen, burning through our skies and landing them both on our humble Earth. Demons and Angels have taken human vessels and walk among the mortal humans, forced out of their homes for an unknown reason. The Apocalypse? They don't know if this is it. Neither can get in touch with their leaders, the Devil or God, so they are left to wander the Earth helplessly, but not alone. The Undead, Were-animals and Skinwalkers, beings of Hell, are also there, though having been on Earth for quite a while with Hunters on their trail. Mediums can sense these presences; more and more are realizing their power since the residents of Heaven and Hell arrived. Hundreds of other kinds of supernatural creatures roam the Earth. After all beings who couldn't take a mortal vessel have perished, leaving the rest to be imprisoned in the earthly world. Even in small town Texas, where our story takes place, mortals can not escape this otherworldly drama.

CURRENT SETTING  

March 2012

REDGROVE, TEXAS

HOT AS HELL, WINDY AS HELL

THE UPDATES  

New subplot - Sweet Dreams - posted and looking for victims and hunters for a nightmare curse. [link]

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE UPDATES

Angles and demons needed. PBs: Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Gina Carano, Tom Cruise, and Paula Patton. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

Childhood fae buddy needed. PB: Eric Szmanda. Character's name negotiable. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

Have your character work at the Tucker Family Farm in Redgrove! Positions always open, a good way to get your character to know people. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

In need of former solider hunter friend. Played by/name/details negotiable. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

THE CHATBOX  

THE STAFF  

ADMINISTRATOR

MAINTENANCE

APPLICATIONS
MODERATOR [MIA]

APPLICATIONS

THE STATISTICS  

STATISTICS M F
HUMAN 2 3
GHOST # #
ANGEL 4 1
DEMON # #
MEDIUM 2 #
SKINWALKER 2 #
HUNTER 3 2
WERE-ANIMAL 1 1
FAERIE # 1
WITCH 1 1
OTHER 1 1
TOTALS 16 10

THE CREDITS  

CODING & GRAPHICS BY CHARLIE
SIDEBAR CODE BY DANA
STATISTICS TABLE BY BEAUTIFULLIE

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

ADD REPLY   NEW TOPIC   NEW POLL   

wicked games, [open]
richard kent
Posted: May 24 2012, 06:32 PM

played by Scarlett
Group Icon

Group: DEMONS
Member No.: 285

Richard Kent's car was being lent to his teenage son for the weekend. He thought that he could just hail a cab, or maybe take the bus, but this place seemed to have none of that. He had wandered into the middle of town, but still couldn't find a trace of public transport. He had his arm outstretched for a taxi, but none came down that dusty road. Some people sitting outside of a shop were watching him, smiling and talking among themselves. He just smiled pleasantly at them, nodding 'good day' and continuing on with his wait. He might just end up waiting to his home, but it was quite a ways. He wouldn't get tired, since he was a demon, but the dust and dirt was beginning to ruin his suit.

To his luck, a car, but not a taxi, pulled up in front of him, the window rolling down as it approached. Dick wore a smile on his face, leaning down a little bit and tilting his head to look up at the driver over his sunglasses. "It wouldn't be too much of a bother if I hitched a ride with you, huh? I don't have far to go." He asked, his voice silky smooth and a little unsettling. He always talked as if he was selling you something, offering up a corrupt favor. It was friendly and comforting in most ways, but there was a touch of sinister intentions on the end. Usually his charming smile and clean-cut look made people forget all about that. However, you can't always judge a book by it's cover.

--------------------
laurie bates
Posted: Jun 23 2012, 09:27 PM

played by Zach
Group Icon

Group: HUMANS
Member No.: 131

best find a surgeon
come cut me open
Sometimes, Laurie just needed to get out and drive. There was something about this town, about its oppressive heat and its lazy summer days and all of its clueless little inhabitants that made her blood damn near boil and there was no better cure she could find than driving with the windows down, letting the wind blow through her hair. It sounded cliche as all hell, she was acutely aware, but it was either that or liquor at home and seeing people who weren't there, and she didn't particularly feel like the latter today. She just drove, fast as she liked, up and down these empty roads that seemed to stretch into eternity. The speed made her feel alive, feel invincible because she damn near was. If anyone wanted to kidnap her or kill her, she could just run them over. She had gotten to a point where that was a strangely comforting thought.

Her travels had taken her to some back road that she was sure led into town (she had learned that somehow, everything would lead her back into the middle of fucking Redgrove), and she was about to turn her music all the way up when she spotted a figure holding his hand out. Like he was hailing a cab. "Fucking moron," she muttered, fully prepared to just speed past him and be on her way. But as she took him in, she saw that he was dressed quite nicely, and smiling all polite as can be. She had no dates, no job, no immediately pressing matters, and no one waiting for her back at her apartment. Laurie shifted in her seat, feeling the secure weight of her gun on her lower back. There was a strange part of her that wasn't afraid. Maybe she had a death wish. Maybe she was the worst genre savvy horror movie buff to ever exist. And a strange man in a nice suit, trying to hail her down like she was a taxi in the middle of Nowhere, Texas, seemed too interesting to pass up. Laurie, you're the biggest fucking moron to ever exist. She beamed as she pulled up beside the stranger and rolled down her window.

"Get in." She unlocked the door and pushed it open, a cool smile playing at her lips. After he had gotten in, she began to drive again, slower than before. "Where to?" Once she knew where she was going, Laurie said, "You must be new in town, if you were expecting a taxi. Welcome, there's absolutely nothing here." She gave the man a once over and grinned. "I'm Laurie. And just who might you be?"

word count: 443    ||    notes: hope you don't mind!

--------------------
user posted image
richard kent
Posted: Jul 16 2012, 09:47 PM

played by Scarlett
Group Icon

Spiders will wait patiently in their webs for hours until their prey arrives, snagged in their trap, but the demon only had to wait a few minutes. As the car approached, Dick took a step forward, leaning down to look at the driver before entering the car. Some people might take this as some form of cautiousness or apprehension, but Dick just wanted to enjoy the moment. His smile widened pleasantly at the driver, a young human woman he didn't know, and he entered the car. As he seated himself, he continued to look intently at the driver, staring for longer than he probably should have before looking away and turning his gaze to the road ahead.

"Hi, yes, thank you! If you could drop me off on Garden Road. 456? My house is the blue one on the end." Dick's voice always had that strange kind of syrupy aftertaste, far too sweet. He sounded like a salesman and, in a way, he was born to be one. "Yes, I'm not really familiar with the area or I would have tried to take the bus. My family and I just moved here." Dick looked back at the human woman, smile still in place. "My son has my car, you see." He returned to that intent stare as soon as he knew the human woman would be busy looking at the road. He studied her face, memorizing it, taking in deep breathes to recognize her smell, every detail was taken into count in case he needed to find this woman again.

No matter how much his brain was working to process the information about her, Dick's side of the conversation didn't miss a beat. "My name is Richard Kent, but you can call me Dick. I have to disagree with you, though, Laurie. I happen to know that there is absolutely everything here." He chuckled, leaning against the headrest of his seat, eyes fixed on her face. The smile was still there, but it wasn't as bright as it used to be. It looked the part but didn't have any emotion behind it. He didn't need it right at this second.

"I think this town might be my lucky one, actually. What are the odds that exactly when I need a ride, a beautiful woman will pull up to help me?" While he laughed, he placed something on the dashboard of the car. "Take my card, so I can return the favor someday, is that alright, Laurie? What goes around comes around, I hear."

--------------------
laurie bates
Posted: Jul 21 2012, 11:32 PM

played by Zach
Group Icon

best find a surgeon
come cut me open
She had unwittingly picked up an artificially cheerful, outwardly composed yuppie, and Laurie wondered for a moment the likelihood of her being murdered today. It seemed to increase because there was definitely something dangerous between that honeyed voice, that sickeningly sweet grin, and she knew it. Could she reach her gun as easily with him this close to her? Probably not. Her eyes narrowed ever so slightly, though her gaze was directed forward at the road. She would crash the car, then, if he tried to attack her. She would kill them both, it was decided. Dick--as he'd preferred--was still talking, something about how this town had everything one could ever need. Laurie laughed along with him, just a breath of a chuckle that hinted at her barest amusement. She wasn't sure why she picked up a stranger, she wasn't sure why she was thinking of him killing her now, she wasn't sure why she should suddenly be so unresponsive. She had to play the game better than this, far better.

"Yeah, what goes around comes around," she agreed with a brief flash of a smile, though she hoped he didn't see the look in her eyes. What had she done to deserve being kidnapped and almost drowned? That circus sideshow freak got what was coming around then, but was it a neverending cycle? She wouldn't be repaid in kind for taking vengeance into her own hands. Her grip on the steering wheel tightened ever so slightly. "I don't know, though. Maybe it's all a trick." Laurie spared a glance for the man beside her then and her smile was unhappy and unamused, but it made her point. "Maybe I'm dangerous. Nice looking guy like you, wouldn't want you to get hurt or anything. But--anyways, enough with that. Thanks for the card. What do you do, are you a lawyer?" What kinds of businessman had cards again? She would never use it, to be perfectly honest. She knew then that she would hardly use an opportunity to meet up with Tricky Dick anytime soon. "Like, what kind of a favor could you exactly do for me? I doubt you'd help me bury a body. You don't look like a guy who gets his hands dirty." She grinned teasingly and knew that he probably did, knew that she was sitting in the car with the American Psycho remake itself. Christian Bale, eat your heart out. "Tell me about yourself, Dick," she said after a pause, if only because the silence was leading to dangerous thoughts and she was already thinking of how she could wrap her car around a telephone pole if absolutely necessary. She wouldn't want the car to start heading in that direction unprovoked, now would she?

word count: 458    ||    notes: hope you don't mind!

--------------------
user posted image
richard kent
Posted: Aug 3 2012, 07:15 AM

played by Scarlett
Group Icon

Dick could tell that he was making her nervous, so he decided to keep his eyes averted for a while. He smiled out the window, chuckling warmly at her joke. "You seem like a tough woman," he said. "I'm sure you could take me. I'll have to watch myself." He looked back at her only for a moment, to flash her a teasing grin. "Not a lawyer, no," he replied, running his tongue across the back of his teeth.

"I haven't sold my soul to the devil quite yet. No, I'm a businessman of sorts. My whole job is doing favors actually. I do favors for other businessmen, politicians, civilians, anyone really. My business is your business, you see." He looked at her again, one eyebrow raised with curiosity. "So, really, anything at all you need. You let me know. Maybe we can help each other." He patted her shoulder lightly, which could be interpreted as friendly or incredibly creepy because of the smile.

Dick didn't want to overwhelm her, so he turned on the wholesome charm of Richard Kent's life. "Well, I just moved here - like I said - with my son, Richard Jr. - he's seventeen now - and my little girl Alicia. Their mother passed recently, so I thought somewhere like a nice small town would help keep their spirits up. Maybe a new place would bring on new beginnings, you know?" He let his voice get softer, tinted with a hint of sadness. He let his voice trail off a little at the end, looking away before clearing his throat. He was getting good at this. "So anyway, I'm really hoping this goes well for us. Maybe Richard Jr. would warm up to me a bit, since he's going through that teenage phase right now, and my daughter will make some new friends... She's such a good girl. A real daddy's girl, you know." He smiled fondly, looking forward out the window as if remembering something pleasant about the child. "Maybe I can even find them another mother." He said, throwing it in at the end with a hopeful tone.

In the next breathe, he turned the question on Laurie. "Do you have any kids, Laurie?" He asked. His smile softened, nodding slowly in thought. "You look like a mother." If he played his cards right, he could get her to relax.

--------------------
laurie bates
Posted: Aug 11 2012, 07:09 PM

played by Zach
Group Icon

best find a surgeon
come cut me open
"Oh," was all she could manage to say at first, a soft noise just to confirm that she was listening. What kind of person made a living out of doing favors? She tried to think, but then again, so much of her life had been spent in stark opposition to organized office hierarchies and complex business kingdoms, so she dismissed it without another thought and decided she would actually keep the card. Maybe sooner or later, she could put good ol' Dick's competency to the test and find a really good favor for him to give. Anyways, it was good to have his number, as creepy as she may be. She'd been delving into her fair share of creepy these past few months. Laurie drove on, slowly coming off edge but still remaining vigilant for potential threats from this guy, even as he told her his life story.

"I'm so sorry that happened," she murmured when he recounted the news of his wife's recent passing. "Losing a loved one is always hard, I know." And there her thoughts went, drawn back to late nights at the Winchester and a certain waitress' cute smile, a living room she had only been in once and the taste of tea on her lips, a funeral in the blazing heat where she felt she didn't belong. Her grip on the steering wheel loosened, a frown lightly creasing her expression. She glanced at the man beside her when he dropped the hint about finding another mother, and then not so subtly remarking that she looked like a mother herself. She wasn't sure if that was a compliment or not, but she figured that it might as well have been, considering his previously mentioned hopes. The brunette did not respond for a long moment, making the turn where she thought appropriate.

"I don't have any children," Laurie said plainly. "But uh, thanks. I guess. And don't worry about your son; every teenager goes through that phase. I definitely did. Just sort of... leave him to his own, I suppose. Though you probably knew that." After another moment's thought, she snatched up the card from the dashboard, stuffing it in her pocket and flashing the man a grin. "Dick Kent, official favor do-er. I'll definitely call you. So, I'm taking it that you like it here, then. Nothing out of the ordinary happen? We're notorious for... strange occurrences, you know. Have you met anyone around? Or am I the first to have the pleasure?"

word count: 417    ||    notes: hope you don't mind!

--------------------
user posted image
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
zIFBoards gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

TOPIC OPTIONS    ADD REPLY   NEW TOPIC   NEW POLL   

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2829 seconds | Archive