GREETINGS  

From a human point of view, the death of Heaven and Hell was quiet. Mortals did not notice any changes, but that doesn’t mean that there were none. Hell has risen, slipping up through the cracks, and Heaven has fallen, burning through our skies and landing them both on our humble Earth. Demons and Angels have taken human vessels and walk among the mortal humans, forced out of their homes for an unknown reason. The Apocalypse? They don't know if this is it. Neither can get in touch with their leaders, the Devil or God, so they are left to wander the Earth helplessly, but not alone. The Undead, Were-animals and Skinwalkers, beings of Hell, are also there, though having been on Earth for quite a while with Hunters on their trail. Mediums can sense these presences; more and more are realizing their power since the residents of Heaven and Hell arrived. Hundreds of other kinds of supernatural creatures roam the Earth. After all beings who couldn't take a mortal vessel have perished, leaving the rest to be imprisoned in the earthly world. Even in small town Texas, where our story takes place, mortals can not escape this otherworldly drama.

CURRENT SETTING  

March 2012

REDGROVE, TEXAS

HOT AS HELL, WINDY AS HELL

THE UPDATES  

New subplot - Sweet Dreams - posted and looking for victims and hunters for a nightmare curse. [link]

CLICK HERE TO READ MORE UPDATES

Angles and demons needed. PBs: Michael Fassbender, Ewan McGregor, Gina Carano, Tom Cruise, and Paula Patton. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

Childhood fae buddy needed. PB: Eric Szmanda. Character's name negotiable. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

Have your character work at the Tucker Family Farm in Redgrove! Positions always open, a good way to get your character to know people. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

In need of former solider hunter friend. Played by/name/details negotiable. [CLICK FOR MORE INFO]

THE CHATBOX  

THE STAFF  

ADMINISTRATOR

MAINTENANCE

APPLICATIONS
MODERATOR [MIA]

APPLICATIONS

THE STATISTICS  

STATISTICS M F
HUMAN 2 3
GHOST # #
ANGEL 4 1
DEMON # #
MEDIUM 2 #
SKINWALKER 2 #
HUNTER 3 2
WERE-ANIMAL 1 1
FAERIE # 1
WITCH 1 1
OTHER 1 1
TOTALS 16 10

THE CREDITS  

CODING & GRAPHICS BY CHARLIE
SIDEBAR CODE BY DANA
STATISTICS TABLE BY BEAUTIFULLIE

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

ADD REPLY   NEW TOPIC   NEW POLL   

Updates, 05/18/12
administrator
Posted: May 18 2012, 12:09 AM

played by Charlie
Group Icon

Group: ADMINISTRATION
Member No.: 1

I'm always looking for new ways to improve the site, so I have a few points to touch on. First of all, for a long time there's been an idea to have a thread list on the site, to keep track of all the threads on the site. We have an Open Thread list in the sidebar, but I think it would also be helpful to use in order to keep the boards clean. What we would do is have a thread where you post when you start a new thread with information as to whether it's an open or tagged thread and which characters are in it, and then repost when the thread is over or the open thread has been taken. If that sounds like too much of a pain or kind of pointless, I don't want to force it on everyone, so I putting it up for a vote.

Secondly, I've been thinking that Redgrove is getting a little overcrowded with the supernatural. That's awesome, but I've been wondering if it'd be a good idea to tie in one of all of the nearest surrounding cities: Bunker, Elvern, La Trampa del Diablo and Pickford. They've only been mentioned a couple times like in the Plot or Setting threads, but I think it could be interesting. It would have been a little difficult to have a roleplay spanning five cities back when DNW first opened, but now that we have over sixty characters on the site and always more coming in, it could work. Plus, that means that we could design whole new cities and have more places to roleplay. More canons would be open and so forth. We could bring in one and see how it works, like a test drive. But, once again, I don't want to do anything without everyone's thoughts. Here's another thing to vote on.

Thirdly, I think we've active enough again to have another round of awards. I'm going to make the voting period longer though, since everyone is still pretty busy. You guys know the drill: there are four categories: Top Female, Top Male, Top Couple and Top Thread. Top Female/Male goes to the character that has made you laugh, cry, or captivated our imaginations in any way; whether it be in the cbox ic-chatting, or in their posts. Please do not vote for your own character. Top Thread is similar to Top Female/Male, in the way that it shows some of the best DNW has to offer. These threads would be full of life, notable storytelling and character insight; basically, awesomeness. You can vote for a thread your character has participated in if you want, since threads are a team effort and collaboration. Top Couple doesn't necessarily mean a romantic relationships. It can be a friendship too. Most Top Couples will only feature two characters, maybe three.

You nominate two items per category; so two Top Females, two Top Couples, two Top Males and two Top Threads. Everyone votes by sending their nominations through a private message to this account and this account only. You have until June 5th 2012 to get your nominations in or we will continue on without your nominations. After the nominations are counted, those with the most nominations win. If there is a tie, we will have a secondary voting process. Please try to vote for every category. So you will be nominating for Top Couple, Top Male, Top Female and Top Thread. If you have any questions concerning this, please send a private message to this account.

I was also thinking of having a map of Redgrove, in a way. Like a thread with pictures of all the known places in Redgrove, like the bar and such with descriptions and what it's near. This is mostly for fun, but it might make writing locations a bit easier for everyone. I don't want to put pictures for every board on the main page because that slows down loading time. Also, do we have too many canons? Or do you like having a lot? I'm going to update them when the next skin comes along, add more information to the existing ones and so on.

Last but not least, with every new set of awards, we have a new skin. This time I want to get your opinion on what we should and should not have on the site, what you would like to see. Do you like having the Open Threads listed on the sidebar? Do you want a smaller sidebar or no sidebar at all? Is the header picture too large? Do you like having the quick log-in? Do you prefer a light or dark skin, or something in between like this one?

Basically, I want to get feedback on what you think need improvement around here. I don't want you guys to have to deal with stuff that bothers you and feel like you can't say anything about it. You don't have to answer all these questions if you don't want to or whatever, but I'm just putting them out there.

So, in conclusion, here are my questions:
  • Should we include Redgrove's surrounding cities in our roleplay?
  • Should we start a Thread List?
  • Vote for the awards.
  • "Map" of Redgrove? Good or bad idea?
  • Do we have too many canons?
  • What do you want to see or not see with our next skin?

Please let me know these things whenever you get the chance in a private message to this account.

--------------------
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

TOPIC OPTIONS    ADD REPLY   NEW TOPIC   NEW POLL   

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.4364 seconds | Archive