The SwiftIRC network rules can be found here
The additional rules enforced on this specific channel are the same as the Posting Rules
for the forums.Where?
The official SwiftIRC site provides access to two different browser-based clients.
They can be found here
.How To Use: Browser Clients
How To Use: Registering & Voice
- Select one of the two browser-based clients from the page linked to above.
- Enter your desired nickname. Bare in mind this must be unique across the entire SwiftIRC network, so your desired nickname may not be available.
- Enter the channel name "#DCD" without the quotation marks.
- Hit the Enter Chat button.
To talk in the #DCD channel, you must first register your nickname.
- First, make sure you have a nickname that is available and that you want to keep. You can change your nickname by typing "/nick newname" without the quotation marks, where "newname" is your new nickname.
- To register the nickname you're currently using, type "/ns register password password email email" without the quotation marks, where "password" is your desired password, and "email" is a valid email address.
- Check your inbox, and validate your registration as instructed in the email.
Note that nicknames expire after 60 days of inactivity.How To Use: Logging In
To log in, or "identify" on subsequent visits, simply reassume your registered nickname and type "/ns id password" without the quotes, where "password" is, err, your password.