Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to Because We Are Young. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

MCKINNON, emily fiona, year ten
emily fiona mckinnon
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 11:27 PM

Group Icon

Group: Year 10
Member No.: 8

--- emily fiona mckinnon ---

you always think the worst, i just want to flirt

N I C K N A M E A G E Y E A R T Y P E P B
em or fi fifteen year ten cannon emma watson

A P P E A R A N C E
HAIR COLOUR: dirty blonde, maybe even light brown
EYE COLOUR: brown (but sparkly)
COMPLEXION: fair skin (light) no acne

DISTINGUISHING FEATURES: little scar on the back of my neck from the car accident when i was 7.

HEIGHT: 5' 6"
WEIGHT: 110 pounds
BUILD: Thin and well figured

CLOTHING STYLE: emily has a very original clothing and make up style. she normally wears earth tones, tans, browns, and blacks. but she always pairs them with bright accessories, whether bright earrings, necklaces, belts or shoes. her makeup is normally the same general idea. focusing on the eyes, eyeliner (black), mascara (black), and eye shadow (gold or light colored). if she wears anything on her lips its very light lip gloss or lip stick. when it is a special occasion though, she wears bright lip stick, usually red, and bright colored clothing. her favorite piece of clothing for any time would be a fashionable trench coat, to trench coat style jacket.

O R I E N T A T I O N
straight

F A M I L Y
mother and father
caroline hyde mckinnon - state of being: deceased
ashton john mckinnon - state of being: deceased

siblings
none

O R I G I N S
she was born and raised in scotland. parents deceased.

B I R T H D A Y
4th of october

H E A L T H
when she was 12, got in a car crash and was in a coma for 5 days.

GOALS
1- overcome fears. she wants to be able to move past what happened to her parents, and the feeling she has.
2- her more recent goal is to get lovet.

P U P P E T E E R
well, the name is mackie. i've been rping since i was 11, so about 5 years (i am 16... in case you didn't do that math). i normally work with real life, glee, or harry potter sites, but this site looked like it would be really fun, so i joined. i play soccer and volleyball, sing, act, and write. so yeah. =)

R P S A M P L E
458 words, this time.

Skylar's shoulder brushed the corridor wall as she dodged hurrying first years. She remembered how it had felt to be new to the school. Not knowing who was your friend, who was your enemy, who was going to give you a break for being late because you were lost or who was going to threaten to expel you if you were tardy again. It wasn't pleasant, but once you got used to it, Skylar knew it was the most amazing feeling ever. At least for her, she felt like she was finaly home and safe away from whoever had killed her parents.

She bumped into a small girl, who dropped her books. The girl looked frightened of Skylar. This scared Skylar, she had never seemed frightening when looking in the mirror. She must just be startled, not scared! she convinced herself before stepping back and helping the girl pick up her books. "You know, I was in Ravenclaw when I was a student as well! You'll have so much fun here!" she said to the girl in a comforting, soothing tone. She wasn't giong to blame the girl for running into her, since it was Skylars fault afterall. This wouldn't be a good time for her temper to take hold of her.

She handed the last book to the girl, who scurried on her way down the hall. It wasn't until she got back to her office before she realized she was wearing her spider necklace that her evil sister Danielle always wore when they were younger. It had always brought good luck to Skylar, so when they were little, she stole it right from her sister's neck. It had been well planned, and Skylar was much faster than Danielle, so it was easy for her to leap up and dart away from the grasp of a menacing younger sister. That menace had become a pain in the butt for the whole of the wizarding society, revieling herself to muggles and all.

Skylar sat at her desk, and read through the days homework assignments about holly. It had been a very easy lesson, considering the fact that it was the first one Skylar had taught since she had gotten to Hogwarts. Being the Herbology professor, she was ready with many plants. The plants crowded her already small office. She turned to the window beside her and started watering her plants, something she did without a spell or charm. She felt that if she did at least one thing like a muggle would, it calmed her more than anything else except dancing, writing, and drawing. She drained out the sounds of the world, and wasn't even able to hear anything in her office, including doors opening of kids outside.
P E R S O N A L I T Y
Over the years, Emily’s ways have changed. She used to be the best child. She used to never insult anyone, never be mean, never lose her temper. Now she does. She has more trouble controlling her temper, and she often loses it. She can be really sweet and kind, and always is near Lovet. She is normally nice and kind, and is always thoughtful. She often gives gifts for no reason. She is really aware of the world. She knows she could lose her friends and Lovet at any time, and she wants to keep that from happening.

She has a secret, and it keeps her from being a full person. When she ran away from home in Scotland and came to Our Lady of Angels for school, she didn’t tell her parents. She got a letter that said they died in a house fire. She can’t help thinking it was all her fault that they are dead and it keeps her awake most nights. She is tortured by the fact she will never see them again. Sure, that’s what she meant to happen. She hates her parents and Scotland, but she is so overwhelmed with sadness sometimes.

When she isn’t sad about that she is the most happy girl. She can make other people smile just by talking. She is a big flirt. But currently she only has eyes for Lovet.

To elaborate more:

F L I R T A T I O U S
emily is always flirting with someone. she tried hard to make good impressions, and being flirtatious is what she does to do that. and it normally works. she seemed to have made a good impression on Lovet, and she has made a good impression on other boys in scotland. normally, she just starts with a simple wave or wink, then starts getting a little more serious and flirtatious about it. when she knows she has a chance, she takes it up a notch and hooks the guy for good.

T E M P E R
never get emily angry! she won't let you forget it. she goes off and yells. if you do get her mad and she does let her temper go, then you can always make her happy again if you try. she loves presents, and she forgives easily.she got this trait from her father and mother, watching them fight all her life.

C A R I N G
Like already said, she forgives easily. If you do something bad, she knows that you might not have meant it. She really cares for her friends and will be really nice to the ones who get close to her and know her well. She is great at giving gifts, and is really nice and sweet. one time her friend broke her arm and emily decorated her cast and baked her cake and muffins and everything until her arm was healed. she is really is a nice person who sometimes gets angry (like everyone).

S A D ABOUT P A S T
her past is really upsetting to her. sometimes she gets so upset about what happened, and so guilty that she just stops talking and stays home. she has so many lies and sadnesses inside her that she just gets really sad sometimes and no one knows why. she bottles all this up. she knows that if someone knew it would be easier for her to deal with it, but she just doesn't want to make anyone mad.

H I S T O R Y
Emily was born in Scotland to Caroline and Ashton McKinnon. Caroline was only 15 at the time, and Ashton 23. They weren’t married, and they weren’t in love. The Scotland law is that you have to marry someone if you knock them up, and they are a minor, so that is how if worked out for Ashton and Caroline. Emily was named after Caroline’s favorite high school teacher, Emily Grimes, the language arts teacher. Her middle name Fiona was allegedly Ashton’s grandmother, but really was his ex-girlfriend, the woman he really loved. The marriage wasn’t promising from the beginning, and so Emily grew up hearing her parents fight every hour, whether over diaper prices or whose fault something was. It wasn’t a good place for a little girl to grow up, and her mother and father weren’t as loving as Emily deserved. But despite this, she still grew up to be a great young girl.

As she grew up, she had trouble making friends in elementary school. Middle school was a completely different story. In middle school came Emily’s first boyfriend, first date, first boy girl hug and first kiss. All with different boys, but all meant exactly the same thing. She had never seen any sort of affection between her parents, so she wasn’t used to it. These were the first things for her that led to her flirtatious nature. When she received information that her parents were about to split, she didn’t know whether to be happy for the split, because she would be free from the fighting of if she should be upset. She was in the car with her parents, on the way to the divorce office, aged 12 years old, and her father made a wide turn and got hit. The car tumbled and skidded, landing upside down against the light pole. She woke up 5 days later in the hospital and received news that her parents were in already out of the hospital, and that she would be fine. She had been in a coma for 5 days after the crash. during that time, her parents had new subjects to fight about. whose fault it was that they crashed, whose salary was going to pay for the medical treatment, and who would have to take car of her when she was awake. they didn't pay attention to her any more during this time than they ever had. when she woke up, the only person in her room was the nurse checking on her, and the only present was the bag she had with her in the crash.

when her parents divorce led to more and more fighting, she decided she couldn't bare it. she was 13, and it just wasn't good for her. she ran away, left and went all the way to where she is now. one year later, she got a letter saying that her parents caroline and ashton were dead. she couldn't help but think that it was all her fault. she thought that they never loved her, but she also thought that they must have been upset with her running away.

so, now she is all upset about it, and she often gets sad. although, now she has more friends and more people who care about her. she loves her life, even if it has it's sad moment. the government is struggling to figure out who she will stay with, since she had no siblings, and the only family she has is in america. she has some money that she took from her parent's money box before she left, but it isn't enough for her. she received a full scholarship to OLA because of the grades she received in scotland, and that is where she stands now.

--------------------
user posted image
GROUNDERS
Posted: Dec 27 2010, 07:12 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image

Looks GREAT mackie! There's only a few things that I'd like you to add before I can fully accept her.

1) Would you mind beefing up your rp sample a little? The minimum word count on this site is 300 and we'd love it if all posts (including the example ones) met that.

2) Could you tell us a little about the car accident? You mentioned it briefly in her 'health' section, but it seems like one of those things that should be explained more. ... that and I'm extremely intrigued about how her parents acted during the days she was in a coma xDD

3) OLA is a very expensive private school. Since she ran away from home, how is she attending it? Is a relative paying for her? Or maybe she managed to get a full scholarship? Also, now that her parents have passed and she's a minor, who's custody is she in? Are they having a hard time trying to figure that out?

Other than those things, the ap's great and I can't wait to see Emily in action!

POST HERE AFTER YOU'VE MADE THE CHANGES
emily fiona mckinnon
Posted: Dec 27 2010, 08:36 PM

Group Icon

Group: Year 10
Member No.: 8

Whoops! Anyway, I changed the history and added some things about the crash and her parents not paying attention to her during the coma in the second paragraph, and guardianship and such at the end. I also changed the RP sample to be one that is longer.
laugh.gif

Hope that fixes things!

--------------------
user posted image
GROUNDERS
Posted: Dec 28 2010, 12:36 AM

Administrator
Group Icon

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

user posted image

Yay Mackie! Looks great!

DON'T FORGET THE CLAIMS!
-- FACE CLAIM -- COUNTRY CLAIM -- WHO'S WHO? -- OTHER CLAIMS --

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic Options

SKINNED BY MATTI OF CAUTION 2.0.

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5407 seconds | Archive