| Welcome to White Lightning Clan. We hope you enjoy your visit.|
You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.
Join our community!
If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:
Join our Facebook Page
Jean's Daily Headlines! -- Jul 18, 07
Host of Golden Games
Group: Official Member
Member No.: 74
Joined: 26-February 06
From worldwide to business to technology to absurd -- important news for your knowledge and mine.
- TAM Linhas Aéreas Flight 3054 crashes with 186 people on board after skidding off a runway in São Paulo, Brazil -- under 200 dead.
- Toxic air from Ukraine train derailment continues to make people sick; so far, 70 hospitalized.
- Cedric Vasseur won stage 10 of Tour de France. (Cedric Vasseur in 2003 -- a face you'll be seeing soon.)
- US Senate says no to pullout of US troops from Iraq.
- Metronet, a company set up to manage the upgrade of three-quarters of London's tube (subway, for those that don't know the term) network, has gone into administration after having accrued debts of up to £2 billion.
- President Bush’s top counterterrorism advisers acknowledged that the strategy for fighting Osama bin Laden’s leadership of Al Qaeda in Pakistan had failed.
- Eleven big food companies have agreed to stop advertising products that do not meet certain nutritional standards to children under 12.
- Taiwan companies are playing a big yet silent in the production of Apple’s iPhone.
- The chip maker, Intel, a closely watched indicator of the overall health of the technology industry, reported net income of $1.3 billion, on revenue of $8.7 billion in the second quarter. Earnings rise 44%, but shares fall.
So how'd I do? Good? Bad? Was that utterly boring? Are you at least a bit interested? This post has been edited by JeanLuigi on Jul 18 2007, 17:45:42 pm
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
Xat goes here