From worldwide to business to technology to absurd -- important news for your knowledge and mine.
- TAM Linhas Aéreas Flight 3054 crashes with 186 people on board after skidding off a runway in São Paulo, Brazil -- under 200 dead.
- Toxic air from Ukraine train derailment continues to make people sick; so far, 70 hospitalized.
- Cedric Vasseur won stage 10 of Tour de France. (Cedric Vasseur in 2003 -- a face you'll be seeing soon.)
- US Senate says no to pullout of US troops from Iraq.
- Metronet, a company set up to manage the upgrade of three-quarters of London's tube (subway, for those that don't know the term) network, has gone into administration after having accrued debts of up to £2 billion.
- President Bush’s top counterterrorism advisers acknowledged that the strategy for fighting Osama bin Laden’s leadership of Al Qaeda in Pakistan had failed.
- Eleven big food companies have agreed to stop advertising products that do not meet certain nutritional standards to children under 12.
- Taiwan companies are playing a big yet silent in the production of Apple’s iPhone.
- The chip maker, Intel, a closely watched indicator of the overall health of the technology industry, reported net income of $1.3 billion, on revenue of $8.7 billion in the second quarter. Earnings rise 44%, but shares fall.
So how'd I do? Good? Bad? Was that utterly boring? Are you at least a bit interested?
Wheres the news about WLC any BANNER CONTESTS goning on now or SOTW
Yeah, we are more interested in videogames/technology and most importantly news for WLC.
well i like that stuff but maybe include some tech news,gaming new,wlc news,stuff that alot of people will be interested in not just u me and a select few lol..but not bad overall
WLC news already has a forum. For gaming news, I'll try and put that in. I'll need suggestions on sites with gaming news tho. For tech news, I have some of that up there. But I'll try to incorporate more. Thank you, folks.