Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
We are waffles-powered!
If you can imagine it, at Whazzit it can be!
But you must imagine it because you cannot see...
Something that’s imagined! So come role-play with me!
Roleplay day and night to bond that Prettyshiny.
We have dragons, flitts and more, Whazzit Weyrd has such,
Creatures as you’ve never imagined, never so much!
The Planet stretches boundless, defying time and space!
And as long as you’re humanoid, be of whatever race.
Planet comes equipped with what we call the PIF!
There are no rules but do no harm, in this game there’s no ref.
Planetary Irrational Field explains it all...
So come roleplay, you’ll have blast, and we will have a ball.
Live in the Weyrd or out, you’ll notice that we don’t care!
Get a castle or a camp, and live just anywhere...
Attend all the bondings, on PIF-split time.
And always be quite crazy and import some jelly (lime).
From anywhere bring anything, do magic or do tech.
As long as you’re no deity we will say, ‘What the heck!’
Every true Whazzitian will support the rest in OOC,
But characters are characters, that's how it should be.

Name:   Password:

Cbox

Current Bondings
Open
Alunas, Cartoon Heroes
Asids, Dare to Dream
Cracklings, GET IN LOSERS
Hyards, ...And the Green Knight
Ialroaine, Adventuring we shall go! High ho!
Phoenixes, This is My Land
Reijen, Happy Hatchlings House
Sceltyr, The Night Circus
Serpens, Bring an Umbrella
Sukeys, All honor to the Monkey King
Watch-whers, Demons Among Us
Speedbonding, Give Me
Speedbonding, Fun in the Sun

Closed
Familiars, Summer Fires

Shinies need names in:
Dragons, A Flight of Fancy
Requiae, Don't Blink,
Seedmorphs, Remain In Light
Sirens, The Call From Below
Speedbonding, Pieces of the Puzzle
Speedbonding, Chikken Artz Yo
Speedbonding, Quiet night, Empty Night?

Add Reply

Andraste, ON HIATUS
Gwendolyn Merrick
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 10:48 PM

Prettyshiny Handler

Group: Members
Member No.: 19

user posted image

--------------------
profile || shinies
in: none | holding: dragons
Kythen
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 11:23 PM

Unregistered

Interesting. I may look into joining though I will admit the silver colored text on white background hurts my poor eyes. >.>

Is there anything I should know before applying? I've poked about a bit but thought it better to ask before just hopping in.

Also, is there any particular need for a certain nationality? I want to bring Ky in as a Egnis Sage with the Fire sub-element (probably not surprising) and probably from somewhere in the US (preferably south, I just think he makes a rather cute cowboy). Would that be acceptable?

Sorry for all the questions, I just want to make sure I know what I'm doing. xD
Gwendolyn Merrick
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 11:32 PM

Prettyshiny Handler

As fate would have it, we actually have a handy-dandy DEMOGRAPHS THREAD! 8D As you can see, bros are quite welcome, and it definitely doesn't hurt anything to have another American or another Fire sage!

If you can say all that with confidence, I don't think there's much to tell you, because I'll assume you've read the information pages and the faq! You may end up with a few specific questions at a later point, but for now I think you're ready to join, if you so desire. ;D

//and you're not the first person to mention the text. It's actually pretty dark and contrasts very nicely on my screen, but we've all got different eyes and different screens! I will mention the complaint to Cell and see if we can't avoid that problem on the next layout. If nothing else, the text can certainly be made a little larger (because I do, in fact, have a little trouble on the forums sometimes, but usually only when I have my screen dimmed)

--------------------
profile || shinies
Kythen
Posted: Sep 4 2011, 11:58 PM

Unregistered

I have indeed been browsing the info pages and whatnot. Those were just some generic questions I had. Though apparently I somehow missed the demographics thread. xD

Although, I amcurious, what's with the 3 application things? Do I just pick one and use that or do I have to fill out more than one? >.>

Aaaaaaand......if I wanted Ky to work at the theater would his occupation be something along the lines of actor?
Gwendolyn Merrick
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 12:04 AM

Prettyshiny Handler

It's hidden in the feedback forum, which is a little misleading. Might have to do something about that too. It's definitely a forgivable offense.

As for the three applications, you've got it right - just pick one! If you want a basic personality and history section and all that, choose the traditional application. Freestyle allows you to combine everything into one big writeup in whatever way you want. I use it to write histories and wind personality in, to show how a character grew to be who they are without repeating myself or putting some history in the personality, and the rest in the actual history section. Some people use it for creative things like the character's blog posts or newspaper articles about the character if they're famous - you can basically do anything you want with it to let us get a feel for the character. And the interview is, predictably enough, an interview process! It's actually my least favorite of the application styles because it sort of narrows the scope of the profile information, but that's personal preference.

And he can be basically anything you want! Occupation titles for everything except law enforcement is pretty much the same in the sage world as the ungifted world, so he can definitely be an actor if that's what you want. =D

--------------------
profile || shinies
Kythen
Posted: Sep 5 2011, 12:09 AM

Unregistered

Cool. So actor it is. And I may or may not be highly tempted to bring in a second character that I rather enjoy. He's an assassin and I'm sure I could come up with all sorts of interesting plots for him. ;3

But later, of course, once I get all of Ky's stuff figured out. xD
Lucas
Posted: Oct 3 2011, 10:43 PM

Prettyshiny Savant

Member No.: 17

I've seen this around on ads for years and I've always been tempted to join, not gunna lie. Maybe I'll consider it...

--------------------
Gwendolyn Merrick
Posted: Oct 4 2011, 09:16 AM

Prettyshiny Handler

It's a sweet place.

...mind you, we seem to be in a very, very dry spell right now. Marie is in grad school, I'm hit with midterms, Cell is getting back into school (so that puts the three admins semi-out-of-commission), and a lot of members are doing the same deal... most are college aged. It looks a little dead, but really we're not. Swearsies. xD

--------------------
profile || shinies
Cassanova
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 09:52 PM

Unregistered

I was once here, and now I'm backing. Bringing in Reese, she needs some playage ;p
Gwendolyn Merrick
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 10:10 PM

Prettyshiny Handler

oh god, don't.

I just officially put the site on hiatus... rofl.

But uh... we'll be open again at the beginning of summer?

--------------------
profile || shinies
Cassanova
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 10:17 PM

Unregistered

LAAAME!
Gwendolyn Merrick
Posted: Nov 29 2011, 10:20 PM

Prettyshiny Handler

It's unfortunate, but we... started a little too late in summer, and it hadn't gotten off its feet enough to survive the back-to-school rush.

This year, we already have everything in order though. Before we even start getting ready to open, I will be handling whatever needs updating, and then we'll be ready to open the doors RIGHT at the end of the school year, so everybody will have a good while to get settled before getting busy again! 8D

--------------------
profile || shinies
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options
Add Reply

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1124 seconds | Archive