U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to U-Sector - The Original Toronto FC Supporters Group & Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans Toronto FC Academy - 2012 Season
DavydMT
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 01:44 PM
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Road Tripper

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,764

(Posted Image)

csl schedule:
http://canadiansoccerleague.com/schedules/1sched.htm

2012 CSL FIRST DIVISION - Academy Schedule

Sat, May 05 Invista Centre 7:00 PM Kingston FC 2 - 4 TFC Academy

Sun, May 20 Lions Park 6:00 PM Brantford Galaxy 1 - 0 TFC Academy

Sun, May 27 Downsview Park 2:00 PM TFC Academy 6 - 0 London City

Sun, Jun 03 CS St Jean De Vianney 2:00 PM Montreal Impact Academy 1 - 0 TFC Academy

Fri, Jun 08 Lamport Stadium 8:00 PM SC Toronto 0 - 0 TFC Academy

Sun, Jun 17 Esther Shiner Stadium 4:30 PM North York Astros 0 - 2 TFC Academy

Fri, Jun 22 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy 3 - 0 Mississauga Eagles FC

Fri, Jun 29 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy 1 - 0 Kingston FC

Sat, Jul 07 Kalar 7:00 PM Niagara United 0 - 2 TFC Academy

Fri, Jul 13 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy 0 - 1 York Region Shooters

Sun, Jul 15 Victoria Park 3:00 PM Brampton City Utd 1 - 2 TFC Academy

Fri, Jul 20 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy 2 - 1 North York Astros

Fri, Jul 27 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy 2 - 2 Windsor Stars

Fri, Aug 17 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy SC Waterloo

Fri, Aug 24 Hershey Centre 8:00 PM Mississauga Eagles FC TFC Academy

Wed, Aug 29 Club Roma 8:00 PM St. Catharines Roma Wolves TFC Academy

Fri, Sep 07 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Toronto Croatia

Sun, Sep 09 St. Joan of Arc 6:30 PM York Region Shooters TFC Academy

Fri, Sep 14 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Montreal Impact Academy

Fri, Sep 21 Centennial Stadium 8:00 PM Serbian White Eagles TFC Academy

Fri, Sep 28 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy SC Toronto

Fri, Oct 05 Downsview Park 8:00 PM TFC Academy Serbian White Eagles

This post has been edited by DavydMT on Jul 28 2012, 11:31 AM
teengenerate08
Posted: Apr 24 2012, 01:52 PM

old loud and snotty

Member No.: 4,184

So they put the game against Kingston on the same Saturday the main team are playing DC at home. I live in Kingston, would like to see both and be able to cab it to the Academy / Kingston game but will be in to instead. Poorly planned in a way- they should play sundays or something....
DavydMT
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:33 PM

Road Tripper

Fri, Jun 08 Lamport Stadium 8:00 PM SC Toronto TFC Academy
looks like this will be only Academy fame at Lamport this season, and with national team playing away at Cuba at 2pm, this should be a good day to support local football at all the levels

also

Sat, Jul 07 Kalar 7:00 PM Niagara United TFC Academy
First team is not playing on the 7th (they are away in Philly on sunday). NIAGARA AWAY!
CBlake
Posted: Apr 30 2012, 04:33 PM

Ultra

Member No.: 1,645

QUOTE (DavydMT @ Apr 27 2012, 11:33 PM)
Fri, Jun 08 Lamport Stadium 8:00 PM SC Toronto TFC Academy
looks like this will be only Academy fame at Lamport this season, and with national team playing away at Cuba at 2pm, this should be a good day to support local football at all the levels

also

Sat, Jul 07 Kalar 7:00 PM Niagara United TFC Academy
First team is not playing on the 7th (they are away in Philly on sunday). NIAGARA AWAY!

I am looking forward to the Academy season, will be interesting to see games up at Downsview, how the setup will work in the early stages, guess we will find out on May 25 vs. London. You guys will have a good time in Niagara, sorry I will miss it, will be in Philly cheering on the first team. Have never been to PPL Park.
Aljarov
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:09 AM

Ronaldo: WAH WAH WAH

Member No.: 39

I've been chewing this more an more and I'm at a loss as to why we seem to think we should cut off our academy at U18?

The absence of an U21 or even U23 team in either the CSL or PDL (maybe shuffling around the teams we have accordingly) seems to be an obvious oversight.

Few kids are ready to contribute at 18 and the reserve schedule is too erratic to be of any real use.

I could talk all day in this but wanted to get some initial thoughts from other people first....
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
TFCtoMUFC
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:13 AM

Mad Fer It

Member No.: 4,371

QUOTE (Aljarov @ May 5 2012, 11:09 AM)
I've been chewing this more an more and I'm at a loss as to why we seem to think we should cut off our academy at U18?

The absence of an U21 or even U23 team in either the CSL or PDL (maybe shuffling around the teams we have accordingly) seems to be an obvious oversight.

Few kids are ready to contribute at 18 and the reserve schedule is too erratic to be of any real use.

I could talk all day in this but wanted to get some initial thoughts from other people first....

I agree with a U-21, but think a U-23 is a bit excessive. Up to U-18 would be fine if we had a large roster size, but with the restraints of MLS we need to be able to keep guys being developed, and give them playing time. 23 year olds is what we'd be getting out of the SuperDraft (or younger) so I don't see that as necessary.
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
Rudi
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:30 AM

Weeeeeeee!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

The CSL team pretty much doubles as a U-23 reserve team already.

Omphroy, Gold, Makubuya and Cordon all played on that team last year, and I suspect guys like Burgos will play there this year.
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
nfitz
Posted: May 5 2012, 10:35 AM

Tifo King

Member No.: 1,575

QUOTE (Rudi @ May 5 2012, 11:30 AM)

I'm confused. The academy only goes up to U18, but the CSL team "TFC Academy" is up to U-23?
Rudi
Posted: May 5 2012, 03:00 PM

Weeeeeeee!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

QUOTE (nfitz @ May 5 2012, 11:35 AM)
QUOTE (Rudi @ May 5 2012, 11:30 AM)

I'm confused. The academy only goes up to U18, but the CSL team "TFC Academy" is up to U-23?

What's so confusing about it?

They are officially a U-18 team, but they've added older players as needed.
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
nfitz
Posted: May 5 2012, 03:07 PM

Tifo King

In the long-term, does TFC need some other stepping stone between the U18s and the signed TFC players? We have the reserve league, but I thought that was for primarily players who were part of the 25 (or 30, or whatever it is now) person roster.
Aljarov
Posted: May 5 2012, 06:56 PM

Ronaldo: WAH WAH WAH

Member No.: 39

QUOTE (Rudi @ May 5 2012, 10:30 AM)

Omphroy, Gold, Makubuya and Cordon all played on that team last year, and I suspect guys like Burgos will play there this year.

Yeah, but havign overage guys play on what is supposed ot be an U18 side is costing academy guys minutes. The two don't have to be mutually exclusive, but there should be a catch all U21 or U23 side to bridge the gap to the U18s, give them somewhere to play in the summer (when at college after left the academy), give us a chance to scout other players in the PDL (as an example league we could use). Hell, even if we affiliated with the Lynx or something it would be an improvement.
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
DavydMT
Posted: May 6 2012, 01:43 PM

Road Tripper

June 8th will be Toronto's only game at Lamport Stadium this season, so let's make this an epic night and have some fun.

Tickets are $10

June 8th
12:00 pm - Poland vs Greece (euro)
2:00 pm - Cuba vs Canada (World Cup Qualifier)
2:45 pm - Russia vs Czech Republic (euro)
8:00 pm - SC Toronto vs TFC Academy

Facebook even:
https://www.facebook.com/events/23283951348...7/?notif_t=like

This post has been edited by DavydMT on May 6 2012, 08:49 PM
Free kick
Posted: May 6 2012, 02:32 PM

Tifo King

Member No.: 4

Omphroy, Gold, Makubuya and Cordon all played on that team last year,

Sure about that? I'll take your word for it but I caught maybe 1-3 of their games on rogers TV and i didnt see any reserve/college/drafted players playing. From what i saw, it was mostly a youth squad with the likes of Camargo, Morris, Vukovic etc.

This was one of the reasons that i believed that their record was inferior to montreal impact academy squad since the impact were using their CSL team more as true reserve squad with several veterans in the mix. Whereas (as far as i knew), TFC was mostly teenagers who hadnt yet been signed to the senior team.

This post has been edited by Free kick on May 6 2012, 02:34 PM
nfitz
Posted: May 6 2012, 04:17 PM

Tifo King

QUOTE (DavydMT @ May 6 2012, 02:43 PM)
June 8th will be Toronto's only game at Lamport Stadium this season, so let's make this an epic night and have some fun.

June 8th
12:00 pm - Poland vs Greece (euro)
2:00 pm - Cuba vs Canada (World Cup Qualifier)
2:45 pm - Russia vs Czech Republic (euro)
8:00 pm - SC Toronto vs TFC Academy

Facebook even:
https://www.facebook.com/events/23283951348...7/?notif_t=like

Hmm, and USOL at 10 pm at Lamport if it's the same schedule as last year.

Cuba at 2 pm on a Friday! I'd better put that in my calendar before someone books a meeting.
Soldeed
Posted: May 6 2012, 07:23 PM

צבא יהודון

Member No.: 76

QUOTE (Free kick @ May 6 2012, 03:32 PM)

Omphroy, Gold, Makubuya and Cordon all played on that team last year,

Sure about that? I'll take your word for it but I caught maybe 1-3 of their games on rogers TV and i didnt see any reserve/college/drafted players playing. From what i saw, it was mostly a youth squad with the likes of Camargo, Morris, Vukovic etc.

This was one of the reasons that i believed that their record was inferior to montreal impact academy squad since the impact were using their CSL team more as true reserve squad with several veterans in the mix. Whereas (as far as i knew), TFC was mostly teenagers who hadnt yet been signed to the senior team.

Rudi is correct. Those guys did play in some academy games.

I even have a sneaking suspicion that Sturgis also saw some time in an academy game when he had fallen particularly out of favour.

This post has been edited by Soldeed on May 6 2012, 07:24 PM
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Toronto FC | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (5) [1] 2 3 ... Last » U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1048 seconds | Archive