U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to U-Sector - The Original Toronto FC Supporters Group & Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans Baby got BECKS
Dman81
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 10:11 AM
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

#winning...LIKE A BOSS

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,356

The original empire of broadcasting, the BBC, at a ceremony over the weekend handed out the Lifetime Achievement Award to England's lion heart, David Beckham. A galaxy of stars heaped applause on England's favorite roar with a full three minutes and forty seconds standing ovation. Becks shed a tear, his Queen of Dark, Victoria, was in the front row; all of England stood up.

A proclamation from the Royal Court followed. Prince William, taking a break from selecting his wedding gifts from the registry at Marks and Spencers, engaged in profuse praise for the skillful commoner from the shire -- "His contribution to football is exceptional." Bookmakers in the proletarian quarters of the Kingdom quickly slashed the odds on Her Majesty The Queen picking up Excalibur to proclaim -- Arise, Sir David -- when the Knighthoods are handed out in the New Year with the tax bills.

With the finest matrimonial sheets from Harrods soon to be shared by Prince William and Ms. Middleton this coming April, Sir David and Lady Victoria Beckham can expect their invitation to be licked and posted by Royal mouth and hand. Earlier this month, Beckham the British bulldog gave his all for the colors, fighting the nasty foreigners at FIFA as they spitefully kicked the home of the game in the bollocks, preferring to export the World Cup to the heirs of the Czar. Everyone back at the palace was livid, as much silver had been spent from the Royal Mint in luring the FIFA mandarins. Unsubstantiated rumor from the Court suggested that Her Majesty had called for FIFA's head on a plate -- "We Are Not Amused -- Bring me Blatter on a Platter."

Beckham's acceptance speech to the nation, for the award, was gracious and humble. Recognition of the game as a collective pursuit was the central feature. No player is great without his teammates or his football father. The prodigal son, the apprentice Beckham, spoke lovingly of his soccer dad, Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson, already a Knight of the Realm. And in this, the subjects of Great Britain saw their Union in action. The English lion sired by a Scottish haggis. Beckham finished with worthy praise for the British troops serving in Afghanistan. No doubt soccer balls are being handed over to the local Afghan boys as we speak. This was one way the British conquered the world. Tell that to FIFA.

Sir Beck's speech
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
GaryJambo
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 01:43 PM

Mon the JTs!

Member No.: 672

QUOTE (Dman81 @ Dec 23 2010, 11:11 AM)
The original empire of broadcasting, the BBC, at a ceremony over the weekend handed out the Lifetime Achievement Award to England's lion heart, David Beckham. A galaxy of stars heaped applause on England's favorite roar with a full three minutes and forty seconds standing ovation. Becks shed a tear, his Queen of Dark, Victoria, was in the front row; all of England stood up.

A proclamation from the Royal Court followed. Prince William, taking a break from selecting his wedding gifts from the registry at Marks and Spencers, engaged in profuse praise for the skillful commoner from the shire -- "His contribution to football is exceptional." Bookmakers in the proletarian quarters of the Kingdom quickly slashed the odds on Her Majesty The Queen picking up Excalibur to proclaim -- Arise, Sir David -- when the Knighthoods are handed out in the New Year with the tax bills.

With the finest matrimonial sheets from Harrods soon to be shared by Prince William and Ms. Middleton this coming April, Sir David and Lady Victoria Beckham can expect their invitation to be licked and posted by Royal mouth and hand. Earlier this month, Beckham the British bulldog gave his all for the colors, fighting the nasty foreigners at FIFA as they spitefully kicked the home of the game in the bollocks, preferring to export the World Cup to the heirs of the Czar. Everyone back at the palace was livid, as much silver had been spent from the Royal Mint in luring the FIFA mandarins. Unsubstantiated rumor from the Court suggested that Her Majesty had called for FIFA's head on a plate -- "We Are Not Amused -- Bring me Blatter on a Platter."

Beckham's acceptance speech to the nation, for the award, was gracious and humble. Recognition of the game as a collective pursuit was the central feature. No player is great without his teammates or his football father. The prodigal son, the apprentice Beckham, spoke lovingly of his soccer dad, Manchester United's Sir Alex Ferguson, already a Knight of the Realm. And in this, the subjects of Great Britain saw their Union in action. The English lion sired by a Scottish haggis. Beckham finished with worthy praise for the British troops serving in Afghanistan. No doubt soccer balls are being handed over to the local Afghan boys as we speak. This was one way the British conquered the world. Tell that to FIFA.

Sir Beck's speech

What a load of bollocks that article is. Lion sired by a haggis? Blow me.
ThisIsAnfield
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 01:54 PM

Ricky Spanish

Member No.: 847

QUOTE (GaryJambo @ Dec 23 2010, 02:43 PM)
QUOTE (Dman81 @ Dec 23 2010, 11:11 AM)

Sir Beck's speech

What a load of bollocks that article is. Lion sired by a haggis? Blow me.

I'm not Scottish, but I read that the same way. I may not be the biggest fan of the "haggis" in question, but whoever wrote that article can get fucked. Talk about blowing smoke.
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
Dman81
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 02:14 PM

#winning...LIKE A BOSS

Lol mos def

but still funny !
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
CmonYouPotters
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 02:22 PM

I was cured, all right!

Member No.: 4,187

what a load of shit. why beckham?
ThisIsAnfield
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 02:24 PM

Ricky Spanish

QUOTE (CmonYouPotters @ Dec 23 2010, 03:22 PM)
what a load of shit. why beckham?

That free kick against Greece, I assume. The rest of his life has been a waste. :lol:
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
CmonYouPotters
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 02:27 PM

I was cured, all right!

Member No.: 4,187

Lol if he looked like the Brooklyn Brawler he would not be getting this award.

that video was vomit inducing.
Dman81
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 02:34 PM

#winning...LIKE A BOSS

well I would say why not beckham

if elton john can be a Sir..

GaryJambo
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 03:05 PM

Mon the JTs!

Member No.: 672

QUOTE (Dman81 @ Dec 23 2010, 03:34 PM)

You kinda missed Elton John's career due to being chronologically-challenged. He may be a bloated balladeering joke now, but in the 70s, he was electric. Seven (!) consecutive number one US albums. He was a big deal then, and amazing in concert.

Besides, I still think that to be a Knight, you should be able to fight with a sword. I think Ferguson would do alright, he used to own a pub. Mrs. Van Beckingham, on the other hand, would get his arse kicked. :P
TOareaFan
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 06:11 PM

Tifo King

Member No.: 102

QUOTE (GaryJambo @ Dec 23 2010, 03:05 PM)
QUOTE (Dman81 @ Dec 23 2010, 03:34 PM)

You kinda missed Elton John's career due to being chronologically-challenged. He may be a bloated balladeering joke now, but in the 70s, he was electric. Seven (!) consecutive number one US albums. He was a big deal then, and amazing in concert.

Besides, I still think that to be a Knight, you should be able to fight with a sword. I think Ferguson would do alright, he used to own a pub. Mrs. Van Beckingham, on the other hand, would get his arse kicked. :P

Never saw EJ solo...back in the day it was a tough ticket and beyond my finances.....I will say that I took in his tour with Billy Joel last year and, for a couple of old geezers, they still had the building filled with electricity and energy......the only correction to your post would be to change the tense on his live concert status to the present.

As for the article....this line "taking a break from selecting his wedding gifts " had me reading it as the writer having his tongue planted firmly in cheek!

This post has been edited by TOareaFan on Dec 23 2010, 06:12 PM
ontarioiron
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 06:58 PM

Oh oh ...

Member No.: 252

21 at 33 right?

21 albums by age 33... not one every 5 years as many acts do these days....

Trivia... whats the difference between EJ and Pele....?

Answer... Pele never played at Wembley....
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
irishwhisper
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 07:43 PM

World Class Playa

Member No.: 234

QUOTE (ontarioiron @ Dec 23 2010, 06:58 PM)
21 at 33 right?

Pele never stuck his cock up a lads arse
Dman81
Posted: Dec 23 2010, 11:32 PM

#winning...LIKE A BOSS

QUOTE (irishwhisper @ Dec 23 2010, 07:43 PM)
21 at 33 right?

Too shay !
ThisIsAnfield
Posted: Dec 24 2010, 10:34 AM

Ricky Spanish

QUOTE (irishwhisper @ Dec 23 2010, 08:43 PM)
21 at 33 right?

Holy fuck that made me laugh. Caught me totally off-guard. :lol:

Y'never know with those rich footballing Brazilians though. The lad may have had tits, but he was a lad nonetheless.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | International Soccer | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1087 seconds | Archive