U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to U-Sector - The Original Toronto FC Supporters Group & Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans Classic Canada Soccer Videos
Gian-Luca
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 04:34 PM
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Tifo King

Group: Members
Member No.: 17

At long last I've acquired the means to upload some clips from my old VHS tapes of Canada matches on to youtube. It will take some time to get everything up but I thought I would start with some clips of goals that I don't think are already up on youtube. Here's a bunch of clips from two World Cup Qualifying matches in 1993, Canada vs. El Salvador and Canada vs. Honduras in the following week (both at Swangard stadium). The video quality isn't the greatest, but what the hell:

Canada vs. El Salvador highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfIxJB60nC4

Canada vs. Honduras - Dominic Mobillio goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOKhpg1PVwM

Canada vs. Honduras - Hilarious Game-Winning Own-goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsAGzzxjWZU

Canada vs. Honduras - Bizarre Sending-Off/Catliff PK insurance goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY3LptHPgPI

Canada vs. Honduras - Absolutely pathetic (but hilarious) Honduran Dive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxzXYro_EaM

More to come when I have the time to transfer and upload more......
dbailey62
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 05:21 PM

Luis Rancagua

Member No.: 36

QUOTE (Gian-Luca @ Sep 12 2010, 05:34 PM)
At long last I've acquired the means to upload some clips from my old VHS tapes of Canada matches on to youtube. It will take some time to get everything up but I thought I would start with some clips of goals that I don't think are already up on youtube. Here's a bunch of clips from two World Cup Qualifying matches in 1993, Canada vs. El Salvador and Canada vs. Honduras in the following week (both at Swangard stadium). The video quality isn't the greatest, but what the hell:

Canada vs. El Salvador highlights:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfIxJB60nC4

Canada vs. Honduras - Dominic Mobillio goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOKhpg1PVwM

Canada vs. Honduras - Hilarious Game-Winning Own-goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsAGzzxjWZU

Canada vs. Honduras - Bizarre Sending-Off/Catliff PK insurance goal:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZY3LptHPgPI

Canada vs. Honduras - Absolutely pathetic (but hilarious) Honduran Dive:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LxzXYro_EaM

More to come when I have the time to transfer and upload more......

Thanks for this G-L. I wonder if I have any tapes gathering dust that I can bring back to life.
Rudi
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 05:49 PM

Weeeeeeee!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 12

awesome stuff, G-L. I remember these games quite well even though I was 13-14 at the time.

Any more?
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
Gian-Luca
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 06:02 PM

Tifo King

QUOTE (Rudi @ Sep 12 2010, 05:49 PM)
awesome stuff, G-L. I remember these games quite well even though I was 13-14 at the time.

Any more?

There's plenty more to come, it's just going to take a while. Time to do the transfer from VHS to DVD, and then time to edit the highlights together. I would like to do some montages of all the horrible calls, great Canada goals, etc. I think I've forgone the idea of doing a montage to music because that would even take longer, and I still don't know quite how to do that on my computer (though I'm sure I could eventually learn).

Mel
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 06:48 PM

#1 Dan Gargan Fan

Member No.: 1,616

These are awesome (coming from someone who up until about 4 years ago didn't even know Canada had a National Soccer Team).

Tyler
Posted: Sep 12 2010, 09:43 PM

yukon cornelius

Member No.: 15

Fantastic stuff GL - I really enjoyed those.

Oh, and can we please get Vic Rauter back doing Canuck soccer. His calls (along with Leggat) are easy on the ears.

Edit: can somebody please post a decent quality clip of Berdusco scoring against Brazil in 94? How Rauter and Leggat do that one is great.

"Berdusco! Beeeeeeerduuuuuuuuuuuscooooooooooo!"
"And the finish was clinical. Absolutely clinical"

This post has been edited by Tyler on Sep 12 2010, 09:45 PM
Gian-Luca
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 11:27 AM

Tifo King

QUOTE (Tyler @ Sep 12 2010, 09:43 PM)

Oh, and can we please get Vic Rauter back doing Canuck soccer. His calls (along with Leggat) are easy on the ears.

Edit: can somebody please post a decent quality clip of Berdusco scoring against Brazil in 94? How Rauter and Leggat do that one is great.

I do have that game on tape, although the quality will likely be the same as the clips I've just uploaded.
Soldeed
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 11:31 AM

צבא יהודון

Member No.: 76

I have quite a few games on tape but nothing pre-1999. Someday I need to get around to cataloging them.

S.
Rudi
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 11:46 AM

Weeeeeeee!

Member No.: 12

I just want to see that blown call against Canada at Varsity from May 1993, my first in-stadium experience with CONCACAF's inherent anti-Canadian bias.
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
KenFrom225
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 12:13 PM

love like a bomb

Member No.: 335

ohhhhhh - you just made my day!!
north york
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 12:15 PM

Alex Bunbury's Boot Shiner

Member No.: 224

GL, you are the man!
Extendo
Posted: Sep 13 2010, 06:23 PM

World Class Playa

Member No.: 1,691

QUOTE (Gian-Luca @ Sep 13 2010, 11:27 AM)

I do have that game on tape, although the quality will likely be the same as the clips I've just uploaded.

That's my bosses family and it would absolutely blow his mind to see that clip uploaded to youtube or something similar.
Marc
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 12:10 PM

John-Barry Nusum

Member No.: 48

G-L these are great. Oh the old days. Oh saying that makes me feel old! Haha

Next we need some old school Toronto Lynx clips, maybe a clip of Marco reda taking out scott Schweitzer in those awesome yellow-purple-white uniforms with the cat-scratch logo. :)
SeanKeay
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 12:52 PM

Luis Rancagua

Member No.: 3

QUOTE (Marc @ Sep 14 2010, 12:10 PM)

Next we need some old school Toronto Lynx clips, maybe a clip of Marco reda taking out scott Schweitzer in those awesome yellow-purple-white uniforms with the cat-scratch logo. :)

Or find the undies!
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
ontarioiron
Posted: Sep 14 2010, 02:00 PM

Oh oh ...

Member No.: 252

QUOTE (Marc @ Sep 14 2010, 12:10 PM)

I copied the brazil game form VHS to dvd a couple years back (i think redhat the vee (from winnipeg?) sent me the tape about 10 years ago) , Ill have to have a poke about

also have many early usector Lynx varsity clips :campione:
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Canada | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (4) [1] 2 3 ... Last » U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1254 seconds | Archive