U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to U-Sector - The Original Toronto FC Supporters Group & Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (58) « First ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans Chavs R us, Chelsea FC thread
CEO_RedGrad
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:40 PM
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Tifo King

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,136

QUOTE (ontarioiron @ Apr 27 2012, 07:00 PM)
QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ Apr 27 2012, 06:46 PM)

Why?  I lived in Leeds for a year

I pity you for that... however i picked you as a Leeds with Rio type...

Actually I loved Leeds. Fantastic city! It's not what it used to be, its been rejuvinated, and now its one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. No joke.
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
TheRedGoesStraightToMyHead
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:52 PM

U-sector: WHAT!

Member No.: 700

Fuck all 'y'all for highjacking this page,

There's only one thing to talk about here.

Champions League Final. Coming at ya.
broton
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 11:33 AM

The Bhoy Who Would Be King

Member No.: 27

QUOTE (TheRedGoesStraightToMyHead @ Apr 27 2012, 09:52 PM)
Fuck all 'y'all for highjacking this page,

There's only one thing to talk about here.

Champions League Final. Coming at ya.

Indeed. Glory To The Victor!

(Posted Image)

-Rod
ontarioiron
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:22 PM

Oh oh ...

Member No.: 252

QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ Apr 27 2012, 09:40 PM)

Actually I loved Leeds. Fantastic city! It's not what it used to be, its been rejuvinated, and now its one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe. No joke.

They say that about Newcastle and Glasgow too these days but I didnt buy into it when Ive visited them... always be just another town north of the gap to me ... FWIW Leeds hasnt been in Div 2 since 1990, Im thinking you meant League One (in my mind they still in Div2 but Im oldschool like that)... nitpicking I know but since you so good at it, if you live by the sword you die by it right?
Funny how you support teams that have been managed by ex Arsenal traditional types (GG yet again and O'leary)....

Personally I find its much easier to stick to the one team in the country I was born and grew up in and one in the country i live in now and sod the rest....
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
CEO_RedGrad
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:48 PM

Tifo King

QUOTE (ontarioiron @ Apr 28 2012, 07:22 PM)
QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ Apr 27 2012, 09:40 PM)

Actually I loved Leeds.  Fantastic city!  It's not what it used to be, its been rejuvinated, and now its one of the most cosmopolitan cities in Europe.  No joke.

They say that about Newcastle and Glasgow too these days but I didnt buy into it when Ive visited them... always be just another town north of the gap to me ... FWIW Leeds hasnt been in Div 2 since 1990, Im thinking you meant League One (in my mind they still in Div2 but Im oldschool like that)... nitpicking I know but since you so good at it, if you live by the sword you die by it right?
Funny how you support teams that have been managed by ex Arsenal traditional types (GG yet again and O'leary)....

Personally I find its much easier to stick to the one team in the country I was born and grew up in and one in the country i live in now and sod the rest....

I do have 2 teams only. TFC and Arsenal.

But everyone, even you, has soft spots for other teams for various reasons. Doesnt mean you support them, just that you like them, the way thay play, etc etc. Leeds is a team I follow, I look at their results and where they are in the table and hope they get promoted. If that makes me a supporter of Leeds, then fine.

And yes, you're right, although colloquially many people in England refer to league one as the second division...never really figured out why but it rubbed off on me.

As for city of Leeds, many people who I know have also been amazed at how its changed for the better from past years. I would recommend going for anyone who likes to party (most nightclubs per capita in England) and who likes Indian food (best in England hands down). Also the Royal Armouries museum is absolutely brilliant!

Never been to Glasgow or Newcastle so can't comment.

This post has been edited by CEO_RedGrad on Apr 28 2012, 07:51 PM
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
Emigre
Posted: May 7 2012, 11:12 AM

Waterloonius U-sectoroidas

Member No.: 4,498

CEO_RedGrad
Posted: May 7 2012, 11:27 AM

Tifo King

QUOTE (Emigre @ May 7 2012, 11:12 AM)
(Posted Image)

I must admit, it was a master stroke by JT to select Drogba for the starting 11.
Emigre
Posted: May 7 2012, 12:42 PM

QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ May 7 2012, 11:27 AM)
(Posted Image)

I must admit, it was a master stroke by JT to select Drogba for the starting 11.

You have to be a complete numpty NOT to select Drogs for FA Cup final.

But since you love JT that much, here is another pic for you:

(Posted Image)

This post has been edited by Emigre on May 7 2012, 12:53 PM
CEO_RedGrad
Posted: May 7 2012, 07:05 PM

Tifo King

QUOTE (Emigre @ May 7 2012, 12:42 PM)
(Posted Image)

(Posted Image)

haha, drinking fail.
TheRedGoesStraightToMyHead
Posted: May 8 2012, 09:07 AM

U-sector: WHAT!

Member No.: 700

QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ May 7 2012, 07:05 PM)
(Posted Image)

(Posted Image)

haha, drinking fail.

Really?

I'd say failing to drink out of a cup since what 2005, is more of a "drinking fail" :lol:

CEO_RedGrad
Posted: May 8 2012, 12:04 PM

Tifo King

QUOTE (TheRedGoesStraightToMyHead @ May 8 2012, 09:07 AM)
QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ May 7 2012, 07:05 PM)
(Posted Image)

(Posted Image)

haha, drinking fail.

Really?

I'd say failing to drink out of a cup since what 2005, is more of a "drinking fail" :lol:

Not really. But nice try.

But I don't think its proper for the manager to be attempting to drink from the cup on the pitch, surely he should leave that to the players no? Any guesses on JT's team sheet for the UCL final?

I would add that there is more to success than just trophies. For example, LFC and Chelsea have won trophies this season. But if The table stays and Chelsea lose to Bayern, Arsenal's season is more successfull than both of them. UCL qualification is a trophy. It's more valuable than the FA cup and Carling cup, for several reasons, which are obvious so I wont get into it. But its why they are considering giving a UCL place to the FA cup winners to "bring the old luster back" to the FA cup. I'd take UCL over FA cup any day, and so would the Chelsea fans I was talking to at the pub on the weekend. the domestic cups aren't what they used to be.

This post has been edited by CEO_RedGrad on May 8 2012, 01:29 PM
Emigre
Posted: May 8 2012, 01:33 PM

QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ May 8 2012, 12:04 PM)

I'd say failing to drink out of a cup since what 2005, is more of a "drinking fail" :lol: [/QUOTE]

But I don't think its proper for the manager to be attempting to drink from the cup on the pitch, surely he should leave that to the players no? Any guesses on JT's team sheet for the UCL final?

I would add that there is more to success than just trophies. For example, LFC and Chelsea have won trophies this season. But if The table stays and Chelsea lose to Bayern, Arsenal's season is more successfull than both of them. UCL qualification is a trophy. It's more valuable than the FA cup and Carling cup, for several reasons, which are obvious so I wont get into it. But its why they are considering adding a UCL place to the FA champs to "bring the old luster back" to the FA cup. I'd take UCL over FA cup any day, and so would the Chelsea fans I was talking to at the pub on the weekend. FA cup isnt what it used to be.

Right, Cup win is not important... to a team that doesn't win it, then it suddenly changes when you win it. :facepalm:

3rd spot for team like Arsenal is a successful year? Really? Wenger will disagree, you should be challenging for league glory and playing in Cup finals.
CEO_RedGrad
Posted: May 8 2012, 01:53 PM

Tifo King

[QUOTE=Emigre,May 8 2012, 01:33 PM] [QUOTE=CEO_RedGrad,May 8 2012, 12:04 PM]
I'd say failing to drink out of a cup since what 2005, is more of a "drinking fail" :lol: [/QUOTE]

I would add that there is more to success than just trophies. For example, LFC and Chelsea have won trophies this season. But if The table stays and Chelsea lose to Bayern, Arsenal's season is more successfull than both of them. UCL qualification is a trophy. It's more valuable than the FA cup and Carling cup, for several reasons, which are obvious so I wont get into it. But its why they are considering adding a UCL place to the FA champs to "bring the old luster back" to the FA cup. I'd take UCL over FA cup any day, and so would the Chelsea fans I was talking to at the pub on the weekend. FA cup isnt what it used to be. [/QUOTE]
Right, Cup win is not important... to a team that doesn't win it, then it suddenly changes when you win it. :facepalm:

3rd spot for team like Arsenal is a successful year? Really? Wenger will disagree, you should be challenging for league glory and playing in Cup finals. [/QUOTE]
Never said its not important. But priority has to go to finishing top 3 or 4. Money, prestige and players. Top players need to play in UCL or they will leave/not sign for your club.

And Wenger would agree, 3rd place is a successfull year. That was the goal for this season. When we lost Cesc, Nasri, and Wilshere we were never going to win the league. Especially starying 17th place after first several games. Of course Arsenal want to win trophies, but have to be realistic this season. And if you ask Gooners if they would rather win an FA cup or finish in UCL places, the vast majority would say UCL places.

This post has been edited by CEO_RedGrad on May 8 2012, 01:54 PM
Emigre
Posted: May 8 2012, 02:08 PM

QUOTE (CEO_RedGrad @ May 8 2012, 01:53 PM)
[QUOTE=Emigre,May 8 2012, 01:33 PM] [QUOTE=CEO_RedGrad,May 8 2012, 12:04 PM]

I would add that there is more to success than just trophies. For example, LFC and Chelsea have won trophies this season. But if The table stays and Chelsea lose to Bayern, Arsenal's season is more successfull than both of them. UCL qualification is a trophy. It's more valuable than the FA cup and Carling cup, for several reasons, which are obvious so I wont get into it. But its why they are considering adding a UCL place to the FA champs to "bring the old luster back" to the FA cup. I'd take UCL over FA cup any day, and so would the Chelsea fans I was talking to at the pub on the weekend. FA cup isnt what it used to be. [/QUOTE]

3rd spot for team like Arsenal is a successful year? Really? Wenger will disagree, you should be challenging for league glory and playing in Cup finals. [/QUOTE]
Never said its not important. But priority has to go to finishing top 3 or 4. Money, prestige and players. Top players need to play in UCL or they will leave/not sign for your club.

And Wenger would agree, 3rd place is a successfull year. That was the goal for this season. When we lost Cesc, Nasri, and Wilshere we were never going to win the league. Especially starying 17th place after first several games. Of course Arsenal want to win trophies, but have to be realistic this season. And if you ask Gooners if they would rather win an FA cup or finish in UCL places, the vast majority would say UCL places.

Lets agree to disagree.
Winning is a priority, always was, always will.
How many players left Le Arse to "win Cups" ? I Can think of 2, at least.

So yes, it's important to finish 2,3,4th from financial standpoint (and of course some bragging rights), but it does not trump a Cup win. Why? record books dont care about 3rd or 4th team, only winners get their names engraved.

CEO_RedGrad
Posted: May 8 2012, 03:22 PM

Tifo King

QUOTE (Emigre @ May 8 2012, 02:08 PM)
[QUOTE=CEO_RedGrad,May 8 2012, 01:53 PM] [QUOTE=Emigre,May 8 2012, 01:33 PM] [QUOTE=CEO_RedGrad,May 8 2012, 12:04 PM]

And Wenger would agree, 3rd place is a successfull year. That was the goal for this season. When we lost Cesc, Nasri, and Wilshere we were never going to win the league. Especially starying 17th place after first several games. Of course Arsenal want to win trophies, but have to be realistic this season. And if you ask Gooners if they would rather win an FA cup or finish in UCL places, the vast majority would say UCL places. [/QUOTE]
Lets agree to disagree.
Winning is a priority, always was, always will.
How many players left Le Arse to "win Cups" ? I Can think of 2, at least.

So yes, it's important to finish 2,3,4th from financial standpoint (and of course some bragging rights), but it does not trump a Cup win. Why? record books dont care about 3rd or 4th team, only winners get their names engraved.

No one left Arsenal to win an FA cup. Nasri left for money, Henry left for the Champions league...and money. Cesc left to go back to his boyhood club. Adebayor-money, who are these 2 you are thinking of??

Players care about 3 things, Champions league, the League Title, and money. DiMatteo will be and other chelsea managers have been fired for "just winning the FA cup". Yeah the FA cup is an important trophy still, its something that adds to the tally, but its impact on the progress of a club is of little relevance when compared to champions league qualification.

0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | International Soccer | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (58) « First ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... Last » U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1093 seconds | Archive