U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Join the millions that use us for their forum communities. Create your own forum today.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to U-Sector - The Original Toronto FC Supporters Group & Message Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (9) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post ) U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans TFC/Crew Cup, Name Required
SeanKeay
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 11:55 AM
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Luis Rancagua

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (TFC111 @ Feb 13 2008, 11:48 AM)
We haven't even beaten Columbus once yet, what's with all the arrogance on our side like "we pick our rivals, not them" kinda comments? If Columbus wants to shift their attention north, we should be ready to stare them down. Why not make a meal of the 1200 people heading down to have some fun and make it into something special? Newsflash: NYRB doesn't give a fuck about us.

You dont force things..... i just happens.

Thats the problem with all this
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
herthabsc
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 12:32 PM

The real Carlos Danger.

Group: Members
Member No.: 726

How about the Painfully Forced Rivalry Cup?
Barbarez
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 12:44 PM

Unregistered

How did TFC111 get past security at the front door????
leo_nufc
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 01:05 PM

BULTRAS

Member No.: 425

QUOTE (SeanKeay @ Feb 13 2008, 11:55 AM)
QUOTE (TFC111 @ Feb 13 2008, 11:48 AM)
We haven't even beaten Columbus once yet, what's with all the arrogance on our side like "we pick our rivals, not them" kinda comments?  If Columbus wants to shift their attention north, we should be ready to stare them down.  Why not make a meal of the 1200 people heading down to have some fun and make it into something special?  Newsflash: NYRB doesn't give a fuck about us.

You dont force things..... i just happens.

Thats the problem with all this

these two lines sums up perfectly the whole topic !!!
TFC111
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 01:39 PM

Ultra

Member No.: 1,169

I wouldn't exactly call it a "problem." Besides, the understanding I get from talking to my ticket rep is that Columbus made the challenge and TFC accepted. Aren't there more important things to be outraged about than this so-called "problem?" Whether we care or not, Columbus is going with it. Why should we just ignore it?
jaahuuu
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 01:39 PM

Tifo King

Member No.: 122

I think this cup is a stupid idea. That being said how about the O Cup/Trophy/Plate...for the homes of both teams Ontario and Ohio.

This post has been edited by jaahuuu on Feb 13 2008, 01:40 PM

Attached Image
Attached Image
HeavyD
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 01:46 PM

Has your back

Member No.: 531

QUOTE (GaryJambo @ Feb 13 2008, 12:28 AM)
I retract my previous suggestions in favour of this piece of brilliance from the RPB board:

Not to sound self serving (RPB wise) or anything

but why not the Red Patch Cup, after all the colours of the RPB (red and gold) are those of Toronto and Columbus

I didn't see this coming. :o <_<
SeanKeay
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 01:47 PM

Luis Rancagua

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

QUOTE (TFC111 @ Feb 13 2008, 01:39 PM)
I wouldn't exactly call it a "problem." Besides, the understanding I get from talking to my ticket rep is that Columbus made the challenge and TFC accepted. Aren't there more important things to be outraged about than this so-called "problem?" Whether we care or not, Columbus is going with it. Why should we just ignore it?

How is it not a problem, its the clubs going on and trying to force feed us things. When things go down like that, dont you start to feel like a muppet?

I know it wasnt a TFC idea, but its just proves to haters of north american soccer that we dont get it.

This is a useless trophy with no meaning behind it, like do u see trophys handed out to city when they took the double this year in manchester?

Thats all were saying, there is no purpose for this.

Yes there are bigger problems, but this is a problem that we can stop before it actually starts...
U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, FansU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans
toronto red
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 02:01 PM

Must stop posting at work..must stop....

Member No.: 33

Could be that they're trying to put meaning into a meaningless fixture for the most part. Unfortunately for Columbus, they don't really appear on the sports spectrum as a major threat. That said, TO these days is much the same. Shame though, cause historically there were some good sports rivalries in TO.

As far as any MLS club being our rivals, we have yet to have any reciprocity issues that begin to needle us that much, although I digress to opinions of those loyal fans who have visited the away grounds.

The most intense thus far seems to be with NYRB, with Altidores behaviour and the response from some TFC fans at Giant Stadium, then the standoff with ESC members outside. This has some makings but again, is it reciprocated. Like TFC111 said, NYRB don't care. Then the great win second last game of the year with two red cards in the mist at BMO!

Our natural rival will be Montreal of course and the groundwork might be laid somewhat this summer. Especially if they beat us!! Strangely, I'm really looking forward to those games!!
James
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 02:04 PM

I forget how to do this

Member No.: 329

From Narc of the Ceilidh House Hoolies over on the GoTFC forums:

The Crew Will Never Win This Cup
ThisIsAnfield
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 02:08 PM

Ricky Spanish

Member No.: 847

All I've got is:

The Fucked-Up Cup

or

The Pissing Contest

..in the spirit of the actual competition. I guess there's already far too many bowl games to go with "The Porcelain Bowl", eh?

Honours so far to "2 Girls. 1 cup", "2 Teams, 1 Cup", and "The Hudson Harris Challenge Cup"... all gold in my opinion.
roue999
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 02:18 PM

Expletive Deleted

Member No.: 790

If Columbus wins , it'll be the Athletic Cup ....

Attached Image
Attached Image
ThisIsAnfield
  Posted: Feb 13 2008, 02:24 PM

Ricky Spanish

Member No.: 847

Hahaha. The one for little johnsons is called "The Hammer"

KenFrom225
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 02:56 PM

love like a bomb

Member No.: 335

i would dispute that NYRB aren't paying any attention to us.
you don't have players make 'grand gestures' (hucking a beer (Kovalenko), hushing away supporters (i forget his name, but he's a little a-hole ;) )) unless there is something budding. is it a huge deal yet? no, but we've only been around one year.

i don't go on bigsoccer or any of that, but if you're taking that ESC don't chirp like some of the other groups do, i would take that not to mean they don't care about us, but that they don't have much activity going on. i mean, we outdraw them, so...and i *did* see some jealousy about that on some places, like the comments on Ives Galarcep's blog, etc.

(nice try, tho', TFC111)

if it's true that Columbus were the ones who approached TFC, good on 'em for trying. i just don't want any part of it.
CGNH666
Posted: Feb 13 2008, 03:36 PM

Tifo King

Member No.: 604

QUOTE (DCD @ Feb 12 2008, 07:20 PM)
Blackout Blame Cup.

THIS WAS THE BEST ONE YET !!!

BTW
WHO EVER THOUGHT OF THIS IDEA IS FUCKING STUPID WE ALL KNOW WHO IS GOING TO WIN THIS ONE

GO CREW!!!!

This post has been edited by CGNH666 on Feb 13 2008, 03:37 PM

Attached Image
Attached Image
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Toronto FC | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.
Learn More · Sign-up for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (9) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... Last » U-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fansalt='U-SectorU-Sector Supporters of Toronto FC, USector, U Sector, MLS, Soccer, Football, Fans

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1088 seconds | Archive