InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to UCPSB :: the Collective Pen Spinning Board. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Middlearound Reverse 1.5 Thread
Flip
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 12:42 AM

Unmodded RSVP

Group: Research Directors
Member No.: 59

I accidently discovered this today while just doing some Middlearound reverse's 12-12. And yes, I do mean middlearound, not middle spin. One of the times i forgot the catch and it kept spinning around my middle finger. After a few more attempts i got a few of them and then filmed one. I still need to work on moving my wrist less on it, but hey i just learned it a few minutes ago.

The trick starts in 12-12, and does a normal middlearound reverse 12-12, but instead of catching it, you let it go around the middle finger for another .5 rotaions and then catch it at 23. Is it a new trick? I have never seen it before (sorry for making the thread if it has already been done. Oh well, at least it looks cool).

Here is the video (in normal motion, slow motion, and even slower motion). What do you think?

Putfile

Edit: I am thinking a middlearound reverse 2.0 might also be possible. but much harder becaue of the COP shift.
Leviathan
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 12:50 AM

Pen Spinning FREAK

Group: Researchers
Member No.: 68

I think we could call that middlearound 12-12 > fl pass 12-23.
xz64
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 01:01 AM

pencil spinner

Group: Members
Member No.: 115

Isn't that a Fingerless Middlearound Reverse 12-12?
Zombo
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 01:21 AM

Moderator of DOOM!

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 5

next time use a pen with tips of different colours to see better.
sketching
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 04:02 AM

Left-handed Mod

Group: Super Moderators
Member No.: 49

If you can do it without a second push after completing the Middlearound Reverse 1.0, then Middlearound Reverse 1.5 sounds right. That's what the pen does.

If you need a little extra push to finish off the 0.5 rotation then it would as Leviathan said: Middlearound Reverse 12 > FL Pass 12-23.
Flip
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 04:36 AM

Unmodded RSVP

Group: Research Directors
Member No.: 59

Yeah, in the video the pen never makes contact with my index for the last 0.5 rotation (you can tell because i stick my index straight out).

So is this a new trick then?

I just learned the Index variation staring in t1 and landing in 12 and I am working on the ring variation. Middlearound 2.0 is also something I am going to start practicing.
Leviathan
Posted: Jul 29 2006, 06:10 AM

Pen Spinning FREAK

Group: Researchers
Member No.: 68

Eh, I guess it's new. FL Middlearound 1.5 12-23. If you were going to do 2 rotations, it would just be 2 fl middlearounds 12.

But I think we could call it fl middlearound 12 > fl pass 12-23. The fl pass doesn't have to touch the fingers like in a devils shadow.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
« Next Oldest | Advanced tricks | Next Newest »
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
Learn More · Sign-up Now

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1451 seconds | Archive