Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Sports Summit. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

BRACKET TIME!
Raider
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 07:51 AM

Chief Slapaho

Group: Admin
Member No.: 8

Well the tourney is set. Anyone wanna get some sort of contest going? I don't remember what we've used in the past...yahoo? espn? cbs? Anyone have a preference? I don't really care, but for some reason I feel like making my bracket public so that everyone can see the bad calls I make.

Also, I do this every single year - when tournament time rolls around I say "next year I am SO going to take off the thursday/friday of the opening round to watch all the games." Then the next year comes and I forget until the week of the tourney, and it's too late to take off.
VTHokie
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 09:56 AM

STICK IT IN!

Member No.: 2

My roommate does just that every year, took Thursday/Friday off to watch Round 1. I think next year, I may plan something else so that I have an excuse to take off other than sitting on my ass at home. Though I also plan to go to the ACC Tournament in Greensboro, NC next year too and probably can't do both (And given that Mom now lives in Greensboro, things are very convenient... visit Mom for 4 or 5 days and get to the tournament).
Statalyzer
Posted: Mar 12 2012, 12:23 PM

*The D-Element*

Member No.: 14

My bracket is already screwed. :D
Astro
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 12:54 AM

O RLY?

Group: Members
Member No.: 310

I really want to make the 2 and a half hour drive to Dayton on Tuesday to see the Iona/BYU game.. That should be a very high-scoring, entertaining game. Also wouldn't mind seeing WKU. However, Obama will be there for some reason. So probably will just say forget it since the security will be extremely high and might turn into a spectacle.
Raider
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 10:16 AM

Chief Slapaho

Made us a group. The name is once again "TSSballers" group id#169453. password is "tss" all lower case this time.

TexasTech
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:43 AM

Former bachelor

Member No.: 529

In. BTW, Raider's league is through yahoo.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/group/169453
Raider
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 12:37 PM

Chief Slapaho

D'oh! Thanks for the assist.

This is so last-minute it'll probably only be you and me and maybe stat and hokie. Oh well.
DStahzz99
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 09:02 PM

The genius inventor of Jalepeño Tang™

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 28

Would love to join but all that link tells me is "Error: You are not a member of this group"
Statalyzer
Posted: Mar 13 2012, 11:29 PM

*The D-Element*

Try this link and then search from there.

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/

The group ID is the number at the end of TexasTech's link.
TexasTech
Posted: Mar 14 2012, 09:01 AM

Former bachelor

Member No.: 529

With the news of Cuse's Melo out, my bracket has officially become Big XII homerific. I almost picked this upset anyway, but I really think KSU can take 'em now, and I think they match up well with Wisconsin. I think Mizzou makes it to the final four both because they're really freaking good and their bracket is pillow-soft. I've got ISU making a surprise run into the Elite Eight because they've been underrated all year. And if that's the case, I see Baylor making the Final Four as well for an all-Big XII West. That being said, I think UNC is taking the crown no matter who they play.
VTHokie
Posted: Mar 15 2012, 11:39 AM

STICK IT IN!

Well, it looks like I won't finish last.... as it appears Astro forgot to actually come back to do his bracket.
Statalyzer
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 01:04 AM

*The D-Element*

So who are Paul and Joey? Those are the two names I don't recognize and they are winning our league so far.
Astro
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 01:14 AM

O RLY?

Member No.: 310

QUOTE (Statalyzer @ Mar 21 2012, 02:04 AM)
So who are Paul and Joey? Those are the two names I don't recognize and they are winning our league so far.

Wow.. just now noticed that it put an incomplete bracket in for me and the one I did isn't in a group.. If possible, someone kick my bracket out (I tried leaving but it wouldnt let me) then I can join with the bracket I did, which is here:

http://tournament.fantasysports.yahoo.com/t1/2731660

I'd be 6th with 39 points.. I still have 5 Elite 8 teams left (UK, MSU, OSU, UNC, and Wisconsin) and 3 FF teams left (UK, OSU, UNC) though my champion (Mizzou) is long gone.
Raider
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 09:18 AM

Chief Slapaho

OK you're removed. Try to join now.
VTHokie
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 09:28 AM

STICK IT IN!

Paul and Joey are my roommates (vthokiefan and vatechhokie). Yeah... looks like they're kinda kicking ass and taking names. Me... not so much.
Raider
Posted: Mar 21 2012, 02:16 PM

Chief Slapaho

Several of us have similar final fours, with the exception of the east bracket.
Raider
Posted: Mar 26 2012, 08:05 AM

Chief Slapaho

My bracket turned out pretty good afterall. I submitted the same one to a contest sponsored by Gringo's (tex mex restaurant chain) and if the three remaining games go my way -kentucky over ohio state for title - I win their top prize - a $25 gift card and a cooler chair.
Raider
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 07:46 AM

Chief Slapaho

QUOTE (Raider @ Mar 26 2012, 08:05 AM)
My bracket turned out pretty good afterall. I submitted the same one to a contest sponsored by Gringo's (tex mex restaurant chain) and if the three remaining games go my way -kentucky over ohio state for title - I win their top prize - a $25 gift card and a cooler chair.

Finished ONE game short. 44 games correctly picked, needed 45. Thanks Ohio State. :banghead:
VTHokie
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 08:48 AM

STICK IT IN!

Second.... first loser. Oh well. This year was pretty much a runaway in fact. Congrats Raider!

As for the note from the commish..... well it looks like quite a few people beat Guru this year! :P
Raider
Posted: Apr 3 2012, 09:34 AM

Chief Slapaho

Thanks! My bracket's name ended up being appropriate. After however many fantasy leagues, tournament challenges, bowl game pickems, etc i FINALLY won one.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5966 seconds | Archive

Active User Color Legend
Administrators | Global Moderators | Moderators | Members

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com