InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register Now
Welcome to The Sports Summit. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Heisman Thread
True Grit
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 06:00 PM

Resident BAMF

Group: Members
Member No.: 648

We know who is going to New York.

Trent Richardson Alabama
Tyran Mathieu LSU
Andrew Luck Stanford
Robert Griffin III Baylor
Montee Ball Wisconsin

Who do you have?

I doubt he wins but (big surprise here) I'm for Mathieu. He's the best defensive player since Wooden, imo. You could even make a case for him being better than Wooden.

70 tackles
1.5 sacks
2 INT
6 FF
5 FR
7 BU
9 PD
2 FR TDs
2 PR TDs

And if anyone had a Heisman game, it was him. He had two in fact. The last two games combined (two big games): 12 tackles, 2 FF, 2 FR, 224 PR yards, 2 PR TD.
Astro
Posted: Dec 5 2011, 07:39 PM

O RLY?

Member No.: 310

Griffin.. then Ball.. the rest don't impress me, maybe Mathieu third?
VTHokie
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 08:45 AM

STICK IT IN!

Group: Admin
Member No.: 2

Seems to me that in the last week or two that Griffin has really raised his stock and I think at the moment he's the clear leader. IMO, he's also benefitting from a very lackluster candidate pool. I didn't realize how many TDs Ball had. Richardson doesn't seem to me like anything better than any other very very good RB. But not a SPECIAL RB (of course, I thought the same of Ingram).
Raider
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 09:36 AM

Chief Slapaho

Member No.: 8

I want Mathieu to win. I also wanted Ndonkeykong Suh to win a few years ago, but it just plain doesn't go to defensive players. That's a shame, though. If not him, my preferred order is Ball, Griffin, Richardson, then Luck. Luck is the only one who would really disappoint me if he wins. He's a good QB, but not the most outstanding player in college football.
VTHokie
Posted: Dec 6 2011, 09:45 AM

STICK IT IN!

Here's Mathieu's entry into the Heisman race.
(Posted Image)
Statalyzer
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 03:57 AM

*The D-Element*

Member No.: 14

It sure looks like it's going to go to Griffin.

You know how people say "He's the most valuable player easily - BAYLOR should not be 9-3."? Well, think about this for a second. Baylor played 11 games against FBS competition and gave up 24+ points in all of them, and 36+ points in 7 of them. You give Baylor even an average defense and there's a good chance they are 11-1 right now.
Raider
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 08:16 AM

Chief Slapaho

Member No.: 8

QUOTE (Statalyzer @ Dec 9 2011, 03:57 AM)
It sure looks like it's going to go to Griffin.

You know how people say "He's the most valuable player easily - BAYLOR should not be 9-3."? Well, think about this for a second. Baylor played 11 games against FBS competition and gave up 24+ points in all of them, and 36+ points in 7 of them. You give Baylor even an average defense and there's a good chance they are 11-1 right now.

As a Tech fan, I'm very familiar with the "if we had even a moderate defense, _____" argument. It was a frustrating thought for about ten years. Then one year we did have an average defense and we did go 11-1. Now we have an average offense and an absolutely horrendous defense.
VTHokie
Posted: Dec 9 2011, 09:27 AM

STICK IT IN!

Agree completely that the Heisman is a farce if anyone other than RGIII gets the Heisman this season. He can do it all. It's such a cliche to say that a team wouldn't be where they are without so and so... but without Griffin, Baylor is 6-6 or so. He alone is worth several wins.

Who ever woulda thunk that BAYLOR would have a Heisman winner in this day and age? Of course then again, he hasn't won it yet. If Richardson gets it, the award's a sham. If Luck gets it, you can officially change the name of the award to Hypesman.
True Grit
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 02:08 AM

Resident BAMF

Member No.: 648

Should the Heisman go to the best player or the player that was most valuable to their team?
DStahzz99
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 07:51 AM

The genius inventor of Jalepeño Tang™

Group: Moderators
Member No.: 28

In this case it went to both.

RGIII was definitely deserved the award.
TexasTech
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 02:59 PM

Former bachelor

Member No.: 529

I was shocked and pleased that Griffin got it. Maybe there's still some hope for the award after all for going to an outstanding player on an average team. I was certain that Richardson would get it. The next step for the award is to make it possible for a non-QB/RB to win it.
Statalyzer
Posted: Dec 12 2011, 06:15 PM

*The D-Element*

Member No.: 14

QUOTE (True Grit @ Dec 12 2011, 03:08 AM)
Should the Heisman go to the best player or the player that was most valuable to their team?

The award criteria to me definitely sounds like it's a "best player" award and not technically an MVP.
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.5334 seconds | Archive

Active User Color Legend
Administrators | Global Moderators | Moderators | Members

Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com Free Guestmap from Bravenet.com