InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Island Continent. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The Constitution, Read and discuss our constitution
Das Sudreicher
Posted: Jan 19 2008, 07:48 PM

Columbus

Group: Members
Member No.: 2

Hello to you, my good nations of this Island Continent. I'm posting here the result of our first meeting. The following constitution is subject to amendments only under full consent of our members. Discuss the treaty if you feel like it, bring suggestions. Every effort in making this a better region is welcome!

As of March 9th: Today I have added an Amendment to the constitution following the guidelines established by the people since we began discussing the creation of a Parliament.

As of March 11th: I have updated Paragraph Five of the Article I according to the voting results of the First Session of the Parliament.

Treaty of Guarulhos

The nations who are part of the Island Continent met in January 14th, 2008, and voted about the possible return to Central Europe. On this meeting it was unanimously settled that the nations would stay on the Island Continent and would work to transform it into an autonomous region with a grandeur of its own. That was the Treaty of Guarulhos of January 14th, and these are the foundations that it established:

Constitution of the Island Continent

Article 1 - Of the government's structure

§1 - The elections on The Island Continent will happen monthly, on the first day of every month. On this day the nations will vote for the Delegate, the Supreme Judge, and 3 Parliment members (MPs) they wish through the Forums.

§2 - It is defined that the government of the Island Continent will be headed by the Delegate, who is the chief of government by the will of the people, and this government is formed by the Founder, the ministers and the Supreme Judge.

§3 - The Delegate's responsabilities are: nominate a Minister of Interior, Minister of Foreign Affairs, and Minister of Entertainment according to his own judgement. Manage the functioning of the Forums. Be the link between the region's nations and the other Delegates and the Founder. And describe the region.

§4 - The Founder's responsability is to manage the emergencial controls. He must act only in emergencies, being his task guiding the nation back to normality. Such intervention is only possible under the consentment of the nations in the region and the members of the government.

§5 - The Minister of the Interior's responsabilities are to manage everything relative to the Regional Map, from its creation to borders division, which will occur under the following criteriae, listed in order of importance: a country's Population, Geography and Regional Power. The map must be formally updated at least every 30 days, happening on the first week of every month.

§6 - The Minister of Foreign Affairs responsabilities are to do the recruiting of new nations and go out on diplomatic missions if this is required by the Delegate.

§7 - The Minister of Entertainment's responsibilities are to ensure that the RPG is  played fairly and balanced. He is also to ensure that RPG activity is not to influence public choices. He will be chosen monthly by the delegate.

§8 - The Supreme Judge's responsabilities are to solve electoral conflicts in the event of a tie or a controversial election, and to judge (based on evidences) accusations of corruption, treason, mismanagement, and any other crimes. His veredict will be carried out by the Founder, the Delegate, or both at the same time.

§9 - The civilian government of The Island Continent consists of three branches: Executive Branch of the Government consists of the Delegate (head of this branch), the Founder and the Ministers.The Legislative Branch consists of the Chancellor (head of this branch) and of the MPs. The Judicial Branch consists of the Supreme Judge
(head of this branch).

Article 2 - Of the parliament (Amendment of March 9th)

§1 - The government of The Island Continent will consist of a Parliament with five members in it, which will be chosen under the following system: one third of the chairs will be appointed by the Delegate (for the sake of governability), two thirds will be voted by the population; this all happening on the 1st of every month. If the Delegate doesn't appoint, the people will elect the remaining MPs.

§2 - The Parliament's function is of coming up with new proposals to both enrich the roleplaying experience of the region and to ensure that the people have a say in all of the decisions taken by the Delegate. To pass a law there must be a majority of votes in each issue, and that is also true when vetoing or approving a decision of
the Delegate.

§3 - There will be an extra MP, the Chancellor, that can only be chosen by popular vote, together with the other elections. He's the spokesman for the Parliament, his responsabilities being doing the formal announcements of the issues decided by the Parliament, opening and arranging sessions of the Parliament for voting, and being the advisor for the Delegate on the issues of public interest.

§4 - The Parliament actions will take course inside the Parliament section of the Forums, it is there that the MPs can initiate discussions, which can or can not lead to the creation of a law project. Only the Chancellor or the Delegate (this one with due urgency) can begin an official voting session of the Parliament. Projects and discussions can be initiated by any MP.

Article 3 - on Regional Hibernation (Febuary 27th, 2011)

§1 - Regional Hibernation meaning that region's level of activity or priorities are such that the full governemental structure described in Articles 1 and 2 are superfluous, so that the people of the Island Continent should with to temporarily deactivate them.

§2 - Regional Hibernation may be activated by a referendum approving this action with a qualified majority, which can be initiated by any citizen at any time.

§3 - The interim political structure of Regional Hibernation shall consist of only two political offices:

§3.1 - The Delegate, who shall be chosen through in-game endorsments, so that no regular elections need be held.

§3.2 - The Game Master, who can be elected through a forum poll. The Game Master shall hold their position until they resign or a citizen initiated referendum removes him from his post, in either which case new elections should be held. Their role is the moderation of the RPG, meaning the maintainance of the local forums, refereeing of player conflicts and generally ensuring smooth role-play.

§4 - The Regional Hibernation may be deactivated again, restoring Articles 1 and 2 fully again, by a referendum which may be called for at any time by any citizen. Unlike for the activation of Regional Hibernation (as described in Art. 3 §2) a simple majority in such a poll will suffice.
Das Sudreicher
Posted: Jun 11 2008, 05:56 PM

Columbus

Member No.: 2

Hey where is the Legal Code? I know we have a bunch of laws but we have to dig them from the Archive every time we want to see it. We need to post it here otherwise only the constitution will be worth in decision making.
Quasi-Millitary CG
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 03:35 AM

Unregistered

Can someone create an entire government database with every Bill, ammendment etc posted here please as sudreich is right and you guys should really have it all posted here for quick references.
Premier Gabreille
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 07:02 AM

Columbus

Group: Admin
Member No.: 39

I have already done so nosy!
Quasi-Millitary CG
Posted: Jul 14 2008, 09:10 PM

Unregistered

Oh right I see now, Good Work tongue.gif
Quasi-Military
Posted: May 11 2009, 07:02 AM

Archipelago Navigator

Member No.: 56

This really needs to be restructured and re-built. I'll try to collate information and create a new updated constitution if you want smile.gif
Hydrosteria
Posted: May 11 2009, 07:09 AM

Ruler of the Archipelago

Member No.: 54

Already on it dear fellow, qas I said, read through everything since you've been here tongue.gif
Deckersburg
Posted: May 11 2009, 01:02 PM

Columbus

Member No.: 8

I have to agree with Quasi that the Treaty of Guarulhos is incredibly heavy with TIC history. It is what our founding fathers, so to say, built the region on! But, we need to restrcuture from the bottom up. Calling the reforms a series of ammendments would be ridiculous. So, we must be sure to preserve this historic document, in a place near the new constitution, where everybody can read it and admire it as the cultural treasure that it is. But, the new constitution will be a new consitution, and should therefore be treated seperately to the heavily ammended Treaty of Guarulhos.

Also, more than one person working on the treaty is problematic in the sense that we have to put it together later. Soviet has made a start, a good start it has to be said, and I think we should let him finish that, and present it. At that point we can discuss what we like, what we feel needs changing etc.

Decks
Hydrosteria
Posted: May 11 2009, 05:10 PM

Ruler of the Archipelago

Member No.: 54

Thank you Deckersburg, if I try to accomodate people flinging in their own rules without letting me incorporate it into a grander scheme of things we'll get no where.

Give me untill Wednesday night GMT!

Soviet.
Quasi-Military
Posted: May 12 2009, 05:26 AM

Archipelago Navigator

Member No.: 56

Sure, I just didn't notice the other Constitution further on, sorry for the inconvenience smile.gif
« Next Oldest | The Island Continent: General Information | Next Newest »
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.2870 seconds | Archive