The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Phoenix Guard, some info needed ...
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: May 1 2012, 04:31 PM

Broodlord

Group: Champions
Member No.: 18

Greetings y'all!

So, as I'm redoing my Phoenix Guard (truescale this time) to go with my newest version of Fulgrim I need to know a few things for that and I would gladly appreciate your help smile.gif

1) How many warriors were in the PG? I seem to remember something involving the number 6, but that might just be my inner slaaneshi demon whispering... Was there even a certain limit to their number?

2) Is there any info out there about how they were equipped beside halberds and swords? I plan on eventually running them as GK Paladins, so a Brotherhood banner (for the Legion banner) and the obligatory Apothecary are obviously in. My question would rather be, can you imagine Marines at the time of the Heresy walking around like the GK Terminators of modern times, sporting a ranged weapon mounted on their wrists (i.e. Psycannons, Flamers) plus their CC weapons?

Thanks in advance,
BCB cool.gif
Apologist
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:18 PM

Archmagos Veneratus

Member No.: 137

I found some info on the Phoenix Guard while researching the Unification Wars. Hope it helps.
QUOTE (Graham McNeill @ The Dark King)
Through the door, he could see the purple-armoured figures of Fulgrim’s Phoenix Guard, their golden halberds and copper scale cloaks glittering in the wan light of the starfort.

I'd always been under the impression there were more than six – as a formation, I pictured the Phoenix Guard them more like the Justaerin, rather than the Deathshroud. Not sure whether the evidence goes one way or t'other, though!
Yvraith
Posted: May 9 2012, 09:41 PM

Mournival Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 25

Damn, I missed the golden halberds & copper scales reference, now I have to go back & repaint my PG weapons & cloaks.... dry.gif
Lord Commander Lucius
Posted: May 10 2012, 08:49 PM

Sergeant

Member No.: 67

Some of them are described in The Primarchs, with "tattered cloaks of golden weave that hung in asymmetrical waterfalls" and "crimson raptors surged from ruby flames on their breastplates."
No idea of how many there are though. Based on the scene in Fulgrim with them and the Morlocks, i imagine there to be a fair number of them.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1993 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring