The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Fulgrim 5.0 WIP, with christmasy cloak of christmas!
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 05:33 PM

Broodlord

Group: Champions
Member No.: 18

Hey everybody,
I said I would - and I did it!

After seeing the new cover art for Hell's Angels by Neil Robert's I had the urge to turn back to my Emperor's Children and give them some more love (cause that's what they really want tongue.gif ).

I decided to start with a new model for Fulgrim - bigger, more imposing - basically speaking, more epic.

So, without further ado, here we go with the pictures.

So, this is him, based upon the Kabuki version. It is pretty obvious which parts are still WIP - the hair, legs and arms need loads more work:

user posted image
user posted image

The sword is made of plasticard, a GK Terminator sword and some High Elf bits for the cross-guard.

user posted image

And finally, his cloak, which was made from tissue paper, wood glue and Purity Seal:

user posted image

And, in all his glory:

user posted image

Scale shot with line Marine :

user posted image

Hope you like him, I'll post more pics when I get more modelling done smile.gif

So long,
BCB cool.gif
Ilmarinen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:00 PM

Ghost of Terra

Group: Admin
Member No.: 360

Flippin' 'eck!!! blink.gif

Wow. That's fantastic!

That shoulder wing is rivalling John Blanche in terms of epic excessiveness! (in a good way!) smile.gif

My only tiny concern is the feet - it kinda looks like he's wearing hoof-clogs! Maybe make the toecaps a bit smaller and more refined-looking?

Other than that, the sculpting is amazing!

Where did you get the shoulder wing eagle head?

+Edit+

SHOULDER-WING!!!!!!! biggrin.gif

This post has been edited by Ilmarinen on Apr 27 2012, 07:02 PM
Pacific
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:18 PM

Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 260

Wow that is simply amazing! Don't know where to begin with it really.. wub.gif
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:29 PM

Broodlord

That shoulder wing is rivalling John Blanche in terms of epic excessiveness! (in a good way!)

Haha, thanks mate and thanks to Pacific also, that was the look I wanted to achieve smile.gif

My only tiny concern is the feet - it kinda looks like he's wearing hoof-clogs! Maybe make the toecaps a bit smaller and more refined-looking?

Yeah, I'm not 100% happy with that too, you're idea sounds like the way to go, thank you wink.gif

The eagle head is in fact a griffin head from a griffin statue from the Warhammer Fantasy Buildings Sets, as is the "eagle" head on his chest.
BigWill
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:52 PM

The Sigillite

Member No.: 17

I'll pay you $20 to keep the santa on his cloak laugh.gif

Really cool
Yvraith
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 02:11 AM

Mournival Captain

Member No.: 25

After reading all of these comments I am so annoyed about the stupid Block on Photobucket they have on the internet here in the Camp in PNG.
Not to mention some of the other gaming sites I normally check out, being blocked! dry.gif

I guess I'll just have to wait until I get back to Australia on the 17th of May, to see the shots....grrr!
BigWill
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 03:39 AM

The Sigillite

Member No.: 17

That's right your on Safarii biggrin.gif
Poke around I am sure someone on a message board there has figured a work around the block
Yvraith
Posted: Apr 28 2012, 07:37 AM

Mournival Captain

Member No.: 25

If it were a country wide block, I'd have no problems find a way around it.
But because it is a company based block, the guys I know to get around it, are the guys who put it in place..... rolleyes.gif
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: May 11 2012, 05:37 PM

Broodlord

Did some more sculpting today, I assume it'll only take one or two more days now to have him done:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

And his dirty dirty flipside (lots of clean up work and sculpting still to be done tongue.gif ):

user posted image

I also ripped an Apothecary apart that I built for my Alpha Legion project but never used, and turned it into the first member of my 2.0 Phoenix Guard - Fabius Bile, Pre Heresy of course:

user posted image
malika
Posted: May 12 2012, 07:20 AM

Veteran Sergeant

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 661

Ah, you're true scaling now! biggrin.gif

By the way, didn't Lucius have longer hair?
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: May 12 2012, 08:35 AM

Broodlord

He actually has shoulder length hair, but it is combed (?) back, you can see little spots of green stuff by his neck wink.gif Guess it becomes clearer from another perspective / when painted.
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: May 12 2012, 11:15 AM

Broodlord

So, did some more work and came up with this:

A few days ago I finished "The reflection crack'd", as any EC fanboy should, and I loved the part of Fulgrim throwing lightning at his enemies without being a warp-twisted maniac.

So I changed his hands up a bit and swapped the sword to his left hand. I really think it looks better this way. I also added the leather straps to his right shoulder.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Hope you like it too smile.gif
Noserenda
Posted: May 12 2012, 11:45 AM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 775

Damn this model is awesome, possibly the First Fulgrim sculpt ive really liked, really stunning work!
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: May 13 2012, 12:10 PM

Broodlord

Thanks man smile.gif

So, here he is, finished converting and primed, ready to become painted cool.gif

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

Also, BigWill you can save your 20 bucks, Santa is forever gone now!

ninja.gif

wink.gif
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: May 14 2012, 07:01 PM

Broodlord

Started painting smile.gif

user posted image
Maratheus
Posted: May 14 2012, 07:25 PM

Captain

Member No.: 56

You work like a maniac with this stuff you know that? biggrin.gif
Fulgrim looks fantastic so far. Very much like the illustrations, and with just a bit too much bling. smile.gif
I see Fabius is sporting Terminator legs, does this mean you will do a batch of bigger marines?
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: May 15 2012, 09:38 AM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

Really nice paint effects on Fabius BCB.
I can't tell if they are metallics or NMM!

Waiting with baited breath to see what the finished article looks like!
Brother-Captain Basilus
Posted: Jun 13 2012, 11:39 AM

Broodlord

I see Fabius is sporting Terminator legs, does this mean you will do a batch of bigger marines?

You were quite right there Mara, here's the updated Phoenixguard (still WIP I admit):

After Brother Thestis was killed by the Laer and his banner burnt, Deimos (Paladin w/ Brotherhood Banner) is now carrying the new Legion banner into battle.

user posted image

Hyron (Paladin w/ master-crafted Demonhammer) prefers the swing of a hammer to his halberd. His banner celebrates the Legion's moment of birth.

user posted image

Klestus (Paladin w/ master-crafted Psycannon & Halberd) is a comparatively young warrior, but he earned a lot of praise in the Legion's havoc-companies. That is why, alongside his halberd, he was given one of the new, more esotheric weapons of the Emperor's Children.

user posted image

Of Demeter (Paladin w/ master-crafted Halberd) it is said that is very stoic at times, but on his way to perfection nobody can stop him. His banner displays the Imperial Aquila and he is carrying the Phoenixguard's most deadly weapon: The Golden Halberd.

user posted image

Hephaist (Paladin w/ Demonhammer) also is just as deadly with the hammer as with every sword and his wrath is feared among foe and friend. He carries the Fire of the Phoenix in a golden bowl with him, to bring illumination to his enemies.

user posted image

At first Theon (Paladin w/ Incinerator & Halberd) was skeptical towards the changes within the Legion, but when he got his own implants that transformed a warrior's cries into a sensational cacophony of death, he bowed to the blessing of the Phoenician's wisdom.

user posted image

Following the events in the Maraviglia, Laikon (Paladin w/ master-crafted Psycannon & Force Sword) was one of the first to get his hands on the new sonic weapons. Enraptured, he never wanted to use anything else into battle.

user posted image

Apholl (Paladin w/ Psycannon & Halberd) is bringing the heavy support to the cadre of the Phoenixguard and his weapon is able to equally tear infantry and tanks to shreds. Simurgh was constructed by Apholl himself, and rarely he unsheathes his halberd if he can cling on to Simurgh's trigger.

user posted image

Fabius (Paladin-Apothecary w/ Force Sword) is not technically a member of the Phoenixguard, but his determination and skill in battle was lauded time and time again by the Primarch. His anxious experiments will take the Emperor's Children to new heights of perfection.

user posted image

Captain Lucius (Paladin w/ Force Sword) is as perfect a swordsman as there can be, and it is said that noone can best him. He is grasping for new sensations every moment of his life, and these troublesome days he is often found fighting alongside his Primarch, to learn everything the Phoenician could teach him.

And finally, a family portrait:

user posted image
Aerelleus
Posted: Jul 3 2012, 10:50 PM

Raw Recruit

Member No.: 1,301

epic! im at a loss for words! i hope you put them in for golden demon i know id vote for you.
Lunasteve
Posted: Jul 4 2012, 05:21 PM

Warmaster's Equerry

Member No.: 885

looking awesome mate cant wait to see that lot finished! especially fulgrim. ive been gone from hobbying for a while but always checked in on my phone at peoples blogs while i was gone and i think this one more than any got me started again so cheers smile.gif

steve
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1121 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring