The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.

Learn More · Sign-up Now
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

Mark VI love
callmeishmael
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 06:04 PM

Scout

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 191

I think we have all seen the pictures of the forge world Mark1V assault armour and very nice it looks too and theres rumours that they might be making a command squad in similar armour .So my question is do you think they might do the same with the MarkV1?
ShroudFilm
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 06:40 PM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Mark VI assault jump packs are the basic plastic ones - the over-the-shoulder packs that we see on regular Space Marine armies. This is why some Chaos Legions have them in M41. smile.gif
callmeishmael
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 12:25 PM

Scout

If thats the case why is the plastic body a MarkV11 ?
BigWill
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 02:21 PM

The Sigillite

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 17

The plastic kit is 40k yes but even they still use old gear,the plastic kit is the design ad-mech determied ideal when it was all said and done.
Think of the FW kits as articifer armor

And remember a whole lot of data and info was lost to ad-mech during thier civil war.
So the top of the line in 40k could of and probally is inferior to its 30k counterpart.

Probally with the exception of backpack and bolter they use the same style gear as 40k especially now the rhinos and LR from that style are out.
So you can readily make a command squad using the plastic frame with FW mk6 upgrade.

I agree with you however I would like to see the FW upgrades covering all basic unit choices(HQ,Chaplains,Honor guards,ect)

This post has been edited by ShroudFilm on Apr 27 2012, 08:41 AM
setanta41
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:57 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,524

Very large of you Big Will (no pun intended) to extend the olive branch! I was getting a little tense reading the tense exchange!!! cool.gif
ShroudFilm
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 08:43 AM

The Second Heretic

QUOTE (callmeishmael @ Apr 26 2012, 12:25 PM)
If thats the case why is the plastic body a MarkV11 ?

The plastic kit is an M41 kit, i.e. the most common stuff found in M41. There are some Mark VIs on the sprue (1 in 10 Tacticals, I think? And 20% of the Assault Squad)

There is no new jump pack for Mark VII, either. They use the old Mark VI - it's a standard issue.

Trust me on this, I can speak with authority... laugh.gif
Ilmarinen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:29 AM

Ghost of Terra

Member No.: 360

I don't recall there being a Mk6 assault/jumppack torso? They all look Mk7 to me.

There is a Mk5 torso (although some Mk6 art shows the same cable arrangement) on each tactical sprue, and a couple of chaos Mk5 torsos, but the only true Mk6 plastic torso is the old space wolf one with 3 cables and a fang necklace.
callmeishmael
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 09:59 AM

Scout

Sorry for the bad vibes I offer the gauntlet of peace across the warp wub.gif The reason I asked in the first place is ,if you look at the pictures of the MkIV[mark4]assult squad you can see that the frontal armour has been upgraded giving it a more chunky look .Just thought is might look sweet on the MKVI [mark6].Also some of the helm are slighty differant,again I`d love to see a variant of the Corvas helmet.The only one i`ve seen is on the 25 year anniversary modal with a slighty differant grill.
Ilmarinen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:53 AM

Ghost of Terra

Completely agree - the more variant bits the better. Particularly helmets! smile.gif
ShroudFilm
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 10:54 AM

The Second Heretic

Ilmarinen - any plastic chest is acceptable for Mark VI, in M41. The armour becomes far less codified from the Heresy onwards.

There is a common misconception that all armour must be EXACTLY as it is presented in FW's images (or according to the specific images presented in the background)... for example, people taking a single Index Astartes sketch as THE ONLY possible appearance for pre-Heresy Word Bearers.

Callmeishmael - that would look cool. Go for it! biggrin.gif
Ilmarinen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 11:05 AM

Ghost of Terra

Yep, I realise there are lots of variations, and M41 is rather different - I was just mentioning that the plastic assault torsos are all standard Mk7s. Which is why I'm using the Mk5 assault torso for my Mk6 assault marines - fits the chunky cable look! smile.gif
BigWill
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:08 PM

The Sigillite

What you plan with mk 6 heads on mk4 assault would totally work.
I am very sure there were units that only recieved the new advanced helm that would still fit the mk4.
Infact I would imagine that set-up would be even more common than pure mk6 during the siege
callmeishmael
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:43 PM

Scout

I`d even like to see a MKVI with a bionic eye at least its a change.
ShroudFilm
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 12:54 PM

The Second Heretic

Me too! I love that look -

user posted image
Ilmarinen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:36 PM

Ghost of Terra

Totally!

It's a shame that FW make sets of shoulder pads, but not sets of just helmet variants.

BigWill
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 01:38 PM

The Sigillite

I would so buy 10-20 of the 25 aniversary helmets.
Even tried to remedy myself,with awful results

I fiend to make a diorama of Rouge Traders cover

This post has been edited by BigWill on Apr 27 2012, 01:38 PM
setanta41
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 02:40 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,524

Thank you Shroud for that very nice pic of the RG with the bionic eye. You guys inspire me......time to mangle some beakie heads to get that bionic eye look. I will post a pic when I am done. I figure that might go excellent with a tactical battle champion I am working on for my diorama.....he has the FW bionic leg, a FW bionic arm on the same side as the leg.....the bionic eye on the same side would give the impression of directional blast damage he had taken in the past.... you guys rock!
callmeishmael
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 03:59 PM

Scout

While we are on the subject of the MKVI helm ,does anybody know what the little thingy on the top is ?Is it a light or a camera or as my missus thinks its a cigarette lighter !!
Ilmarinen
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:04 PM

Ghost of Terra

I'm pretty sure it's a lens

...but a cigarette lighter would be way more awesome! (time for a retcon Shroud?!) laugh.gif

BigWill
Posted: Apr 27 2012, 07:29 PM

The Sigillite

They could hook thier Ipod 22785 to it laugh.gif
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1007 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring