The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Epic battlefields, Terrain
Apologist
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 02:02 PM

Archmagos Veneratus

Group: Champions
Member No.: 137

Nothing adds to the feel of a game like sweeping panorama of cool terrain smile.gif
Because Epic is at 6mm scale, you can fit entire settlements and street plans on to a regular table, and the storage is much easier, too.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 07:29 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

Nice use of the Mausoleums from the Fantasy Graveyard!
But where did you get the other buildings?
Ilmarinen
Posted: Feb 15 2012, 08:10 PM

Ghost of Terra

Group: Admin
Member No.: 360

Veeery nice. Are those the original epic buildings?

Damn, I want a place of my own so I can get started on my epic stuff!
setanta41
Posted: Feb 17 2012, 01:41 AM

Battle-Brother

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 1,524

Wow....that looks excellent. I am not sure I got the hands or eye sight to paint to that scle though. I am way to anal retentive!

And Ilmarinen....I have my own place and I still don't have room! My Raven Guard diorama is gonna be cabinet shaped like a piece of pie and mounted on the wall in a corner. Unfortunately I collect too many swords (and now space marines) so wall space is at a premium too!!
Apologist
Posted: Apr 26 2012, 11:01 AM

Archmagos Veneratus

QUOTE (GagoctheAncient)
But where did you get the other buildings?

The road layout is from the now-defunct S6 Engineering, while the darker intact buildings with the larger windows are startlingly cheap (2.50/$4) 15mm buildings from Proxie models. I think they work nicely, and with a little combining and detailing, can look good.

The ruins are the ones that came with the Epic 40,000 box set (probably the best and most varied forces for a tabletop wargame out of the box that GW ever produced), and the centrepiece large buildings are from the excellent Gamecraft miniatures.
King Fluff
Posted: May 1 2012, 10:04 PM

Follower of Kallimakus

Member No.: 402

Sod the buildings tongue.gif

Where'd you get the mars pattern reaver from - me wanty!!!
Pacific
Posted: Jun 16 2012, 10:49 PM

Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 260

Yes that Reaver is lovely! I still have a couple of the older, original Reavers which I really must get painted up some day!

The makers of Dropzone commander are making a range of terrain for their game. Yes, it's 10mm but probably just about close enough. Mass production and plastic moulds means that hopefully it should be pretty cheap. I believe it is going on sale this summer:

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image
Apologist
Posted: Jun 17 2012, 02:28 PM

Archmagos Veneratus

WANT

That is all.
Pacific
Posted: Jul 25 2012, 11:14 AM

Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 260

Yes it looks awesome doesn't it? I would love to be able to make something like that, but I can't imagine the amount of man hours (and modelling skills!) that must have gone into it.

GREAT new resource for Epic. The same company, Hawk Wargames, has just released a series of downloadable card buildings, for free, to go alongside the release of the new Dropzone Commander game.

The buildings are 10mm scale, so it might be an idea to play around with the print size and perhaps make them a little smaller. The styles are pretty similar to the ones in the photos above, so I think should generally fit the 40k setting.

Link, with buildings as well as instructions: Dropzone Commander downloadable card buildings
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create a free forum in seconds.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1099 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring