The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (3) 1 [2] 3  ( Go to first unread post )

Istvaan III project, i'm back.. and this time I mean it.
Maratheus
Posted: Mar 25 2012, 05:44 PM

Captain

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 56

Really digging your choice of green.
Lovely contrast with the white of the armour.
Archmagos Veneratus Hades
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 11:01 AM

Raw Recruit

Member No.: 714

Very Nice, love the rust!
bulldoglopez
Posted: Apr 25 2012, 12:43 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 695

Thanks everyone for the comments! I promise i'm still working on this project and I should have the first five terminators done this weekend and I will post an update.

I used the old red sponge that came in some of the old fantasy blisters to weather the contemptor.
bulldoglopez
Posted: May 3 2012, 12:03 PM

Battle-Brother

BOOM! Terminators. 5 of them. done. Boom.

user posted image

I know it took a while, but there are also a few more things i've put together for the army, including a pre-heresy Typhon.

Boom.
the damned artificer
Posted: May 3 2012, 12:43 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,481

The contemptor is... AWESOME! biggrin.gif And so are the terminators mate biggrin.gif

How about a little army shot, these are really the best looking Death Guards I've ever seen biggrin.gif
setanta41
Posted: May 3 2012, 01:06 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,524

Wicked cool! Shoulder pads look fantastic!
Pettsy
Posted: May 3 2012, 06:42 PM

Scout

Member No.: 1,472

Those Terminators are awesome, great work! I second the demand for an army shot. Can't wait for more.

~Pettsy~
bulldoglopez
Posted: May 3 2012, 09:40 PM

Battle-Brother

Thanks for the comments guys! I will get a WIP army shot this weekend, but I need a better camera first. The maxmini shoulder pads are very cool, but my god were they a pain to paint!

I will use them again when I get around to my Sons of Horus termies (yet to be built) My Sons of Horus will be more Chaosy as they will be Istvaan III and onwards era SoH. I might put a movie in tonight and build a few.

Thanks all!
bulldoglopez
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:04 PM

Battle-Brother

Ok, no army shot yet as I have to find a suitable background for everything. Currently working on a robot maniple because I need a break from painting white armor. I also put together this little fella...

THYPHON!

user posted image

He was a fun little project and I look forward to using him in a game to crush my enemies, see them flee before me, and to hear the lamentaions of their women.

It's what's best in life.
setanta41
Posted: May 9 2012, 01:32 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,524

my favorite Conan quote......my gosh that made my day! Wicked cool termi!
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: May 9 2012, 05:34 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

QUOTE (bulldoglopez @ May 9 2012, 02:04 PM)
He was a fun little project and I look forward to using him in a game to crush my enemies, see them flee before me, and to hear the lamentaions of their women.

A age-wisened voice speaks up and says, 'Indoor plumbing and soft toilet paper. That's what's best in life!'

Back to topic...

Might I ask where Typhon's horn is?
It is a nice model, but it is kinda missing one.
bulldoglopez
Posted: May 9 2012, 10:24 PM

Battle-Brother

I've gone back and forth with myself about putting a horn on Mr. Calas Typhons head. I like the skull on the helmet because it's where the horn should be.. kinda like a hornbud.

I don't know, I will defer to the wizened opinion of the community on this one.

Horn or no horn?
Calas Typhon
Posted: May 10 2012, 03:59 AM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,204

I think you should add a horn. But remember it wasnt a "natural"(?) horn. That was a trait added on when he was finally a servant of chaos when the destroyer hive infected the fleet.

His "horn" was more of a curved spike.

But add whatever you think would look good! smile.gif
Very nice Typhon and DG army by the way!

Any plans on making the Death Lord himself?
bulldoglopez
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:09 AM

Battle-Brother

As far I can tell there is only one image of Typhon pre-destroyer hive and he has a knife-like horn on his helmet. I guess I should me make one out of green stuff or miliput or something.

And to answer your question about Mortarion, as much as I would love to scratch build a Mortarion model, I just don't have the time. I did pick up one of the Mortation models on ebay and he will probably be the last model Ipaint for this army. I can't wait to see what the kabuki version will look like.

When i'm done with this army I will still need a Mortarion for my "regular" Death Guard army.
Dargor
Posted: May 10 2012, 11:28 AM

Lord of the Angelic Host

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 261

QUOTE (bulldoglopez @ May 9 2012, 01:04 PM)

Frak yeah.

Well done on the termies and Typhon man, great stuff! wink.gif
bulldoglopez
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 01:30 AM

Battle-Brother

Well it hasn't been quite a full month, but close... it's update time. I could probably have this army finshed by now but I keep getting distracted with squats and blood bowl miniatures. I think I have an addiction.

In any case... here we go!

BOOM! The big man himself!

user posted image

And of course I had to pick up a rapier. I need the fire support (as if ten terminators isn't enough)

user posted image

And finally, what do you guys think of my new Sons of Horus?

user posted image

I see them as being post-Istvaan Sons of Horus. I wanted them to have a mix of armor marks, but use the bolters to tie them all together. I have about fifteen more to paint. I will finish them up once I get the last of ther termies and Typhon done.
the damned artificer
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 11:32 AM

Battle-Brother

That rapier is gorgeous! And I'll have to say that the sons of horus are also really really awesome!

Where's the primarch sculpt from ?? I seem to believe I've seen similar models around smile.gif Personally the head and the scythe doesn't do it for me but that's just personal taste smile.gif
bulldoglopez
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 11:48 AM

Battle-Brother

I got the Primarch on ebay. He's one of two choices floating around on the interwebs. The model is pretty neat but it has some points that could be improved. That being said its way beyond my ability, and i really don't have the time to scratch build a primarch. Over I like the model and it was fun to paint.
the damned artificer
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 04:19 PM

Battle-Brother

And the most important part is to have fun biggrin.gif And it's not like you have to stick with this one if some better model gets available for you smile.gif You did a wonderfull job on the paint job on him I must say biggrin.gif
bulldoglopez
Posted: Jun 7 2012, 11:54 PM

Battle-Brother

I may get the kabuki version of Mortarion when it becomes available. The good news is that my death guard are nearly done. Six more terminatos and a few drop pods....
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (3) 1 [2] 3 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1248 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring