The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Create a free forum in seconds.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (25) « First ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... Last » ( Go to first unread post )

NON-GW NEWS AND RELEASES, For all the stuff from other companies
cobra6
Posted: Mar 11 2012, 04:44 AM

Gladiator Captain

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 1,041

SQUAT EXO-ARMOR HOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! I'm getting one and I'm building him a trike, dammit!
WarWolf88
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 06:55 AM

Scout

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 1,407

Found some pictures of the newer Kabuki not-Primarchs, that I haven't seen here yet...

The Mongol Knight
user posted image

The Smith Knight
user posted image

Got to say, I'm not sure if the Mongol Knight is how I would have pictured Jaghatai, but even so he looks freakingly awesome blink.gif

Those "Iron Ancestors" look pretty interesting too...hmmm....

ninja.gif
Markus Krell
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 11:11 AM

Sergeant

Group: Champions
Member No.: 1,237

I like the not-Vulkan Vulkan model; I thought Khan was either Corax or Kurze on first sight.
cobra6
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 09:25 PM

Gladiator Captain

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 1,041

Is that giant robo-skull thing that non-Jaghatai is standing on an "Iron Anscestor"? If so, I'm also pretty interested - more interested than I am in Jaghatai, in fact..
WarWolf88
Posted: Mar 16 2012, 09:44 PM

Scout

QUOTE (cobra6 @ Mar 16 2012, 09:25 PM)
Is that giant robo-skull thing that non-Jaghatai is standing on an "Iron Anscestor"?  If so, I'm also pretty interested - more interested than I am in Jaghatai, in fact..

No, the "Iron Ancestor" that I was talking about was the name of the up-and-coming Mantic Games Forge Fathers new model (see the bottom of the previous page for the released sketch) biggrin.gif

What the head that non-Jaghatai is standing on is and where's it from, I have no idea. But it certainly is an interesting piece in itself...

ninja.gif

WarEdit: By the way, the head reminds me of these:

user posted image
EVA from the Anime/Manga Neon Genesis Evangelion (although this might be fan art, since I can't remember seeing this particular EVA before...)
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Mar 18 2012, 08:08 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

Anvil Industry has been releasing some interesting stuff recently.

For their Medieval Steam Knights there's been some legs, x5 for 4.00 (+ 1.50 pnp).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Medieval-Steam-L...=item3a7120f777

user posted image

And most recently Large, Multi-pose Bionic Arms, x4 for 3.30 (+ 1.50 pnp).
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Four-4-Large-Bio...=item3cc3c807d8

user posted image

Looks like these Bionic arms will fit Terminators, plus could fit True-scale Marines, and Not-Primarchs!
They also do medium and small sized versions.
http://www.anvilindustry.co.uk/index.php?r...&product_id=136

Puppets War also has some new stuff.
Like these Space Insect heads, 7Eur for 2x5 different ones.
http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=92

user posted image

P.S. Was looking around more on the Puppets War website and saw these:

Temistokles Head Set, x10, 7Eur.
http://puppetswar.com/product.php?id_product=89

user posted image

This post has been edited by Gagoc TheAncient on Mar 18 2012, 08:25 PM
Pacific
Posted: Mar 23 2012, 10:16 AM

Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 260

The new Infinity releases for this month, two boxsets which is kind of unusual! Seriously guys, if you are looking for a new game to play cheaply then I can't recommend it enough. I'm just getting into it now and it's probably the most refreshing gaming experience I have had since 2nd edition 40k (or Blood Bowl?!) And the minis are absurdly detailed. Anyway!

Merovingian (Ariadna) starting pack
user posted image

user posted image

Sun Tze Version 2
user posted image

Shasvasti Gwailo
user posted image

user posted image

Haqqislam Hafza
user posted image

Druze Mercenary Shock team
user posted image

user posted image
Pacific
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 09:28 AM

Captain

Steve Smith, the chap who sculpted the 'True-scale' range for Chapterhouse has now set up on his own, and has got his own 'true-scale' sculpt up for pre-order (I think an improvement over the original):

'Space Crusader' range

To give some idea of scale
user posted image

Price is 14.50, and for that you get 5 torsos, shoulder pads, legs and back-packs, so I think very reasonable.

Yvraith
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 10:55 AM

Mournival Captain

Member No.: 25

Not bad, but the legs look out of proportion.
Considering the Femur is the longest bone in the human body.....
Adenn
Posted: Mar 28 2012, 06:29 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,468

Maxmini got themselves a 3D printer! it's just an update on the Tsons heads they were working on, but look at the pretty!
user posted image
wub.gif
Hopefully will be seeing these soon, and some other niceness biggrin.gif
Angels_Blade
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 08:17 AM

Real-life Lazarus

Member No.: 59

Steve Smith, the chap who sculpted the 'True-scale' range for Chapterhouse has now set up on his own, and has got his own 'true-scale' sculpt up for pre-order (I think an improvement over the original):

Excellent, my chapterhouse ones have arrived but I can't collect them from the post office till Saturday Where I have to pay an additional 12.50 postage!!! Bloody Chapterhouse, is this a common thing?

Cheers AB
Magos Explorator
Posted: Mar 29 2012, 09:25 PM

Mechanicum Envoy

Member No.: 33

That's UK import laws, not CHS. I have been stung by that before, ordering from various companies. If HMRC decide duty is due on something, the post office slap on an additional 'handling charge' (and I still had to go out of my way to their sorting office to collect it). In the past I've had about a 2 customs fee and a 10 handling fee on something worth about 30...
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Apr 4 2012, 04:54 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

Some units for the Veer-myn faction of Mantic's Warpath system have gone up on pre-order.
http://www.manticgames.com/Shop-Home/Warpath/Veer-myn.html

user posted image

user posted image
WarWolf88
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 11:04 AM

Scout

user posted image

Scibor Miniatures Roman Pretorian Guard I

Now, if somebody could get a comparison shot next to the "normal" "Roman" Marines blink.gif

Also, these seemed interesting:

user posted image

Scibor Miniatures Templar SF Paladin

user posted image

Scibor Miniatures Angel of Death (Heresy/Post-Heresy Mortarion?)

ninja.gif
Pacific
Posted: Apr 11 2012, 04:23 PM

Captain

Definitely like the Mortarion!

There is a video up of a painting studios efforts with the 'Warsmith miniatures true scale 'Space Crusaders' listed a few posts above).

Paints them in a much better light I think:

True-Scale Dark Angels

If you skip to about 7.15 there is a nice side by side shot of a standard marine. Think these guys definitely look a lot better than the stock models with a bit of work put into them!

At this point I'm thinking a few squads of Alpha Legion troopers alongside human operatives smile.gif
Angels_Blade
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 07:23 AM

Real-life Lazarus

Member No.: 59

Thats Me!!!
Yvraith
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 08:33 AM

Mournival Captain

Member No.: 25

QUOTE (Angels_Blade @ Apr 16 2012, 05:23 PM)
Thats Me!!!

I watched it from about the mid point & I recognised the voice.

Not too bad for a half crazy Australian, who only met you for a weekend of gaming nearly 18 months ago.... biggrin.gif
WarWolf88
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 08:47 AM

Scout

Aaaand apparently we won't be seeing anymore of those fantastic models as War Smith has apparently dropped them completely sad.gif

Product Not Found
The product page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
Open the HTTP://WWW.WARSMITHMINIATURES.CO.UK/INDEX.ASP home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Click the BACK button to try another link.
Please contact us if the error persists.

http://www.warsmithminiatures.co.uk/index....04&type=PRODUCT

Or I might be jumping to conclusions, but never the less, looks like I won't be getting ordering a kit anytime soon...

ninja.gif
Astelan
Posted: Apr 16 2012, 11:28 AM

Sergeant

Group: Team Pre-Heresy
Member No.: 303

QUOTE (WarWolf88 @ Apr 16 2012, 08:47 AM)
Aaaand apparently we won't be seeing anymore of those fantastic models as War Smith has apparently dropped them completely sad.gif

Product Not Found
The product page you are looking for might have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.

Please try the following:
Open the HTTP://WWW.WARSMITHMINIATURES.CO.UK/INDEX.ASP home page, and then look for links to the information you want.
If you typed the page address in the Address bar, make sure that it is spelled correctly.
Click the BACK button to try another link.
Please contact us if the error persists.

http://www.warsmithminiatures.co.uk/index....04&type=PRODUCT

Or I might be jumping to conclusions, but never the less, looks like I won't be getting ordering a kit anytime soon...

ninja.gif

It is indeed true. Check his Dakkadakka blog. It looks likely he received one of GW legals infamous 'cease and desist' letters.

Chapterhouse still have his early sculpts listed on their site for now though. You might be able to get hold of them still. In my opinion though, they are not as good as the later sculpts he produced and marketed himself.
Pacific
Posted: Apr 17 2012, 08:26 AM

Captain

Thats Me!!!

Ah I didn't realise! smile.gif

Aaaaaannnnd there goes my next Marine project. Obviously he didn't make enough of the 'Space Crusader' angle, perhaps just showing them as separate kits, rather than with GW parts attached, would have meant he didn't get the C&D order.

In a word, disappointed.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (25) « First ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... Last »

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1537 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring