The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

armored bionics
lord_caldera
Posted: Feb 12 2011, 01:03 AM

Brother-Chaplain

Group: Champions
Member No.: 422

Hey guys, I just sort of had a funny thought about bionics in the warhammer universe. They always seem to be open to the environment with little to no casing or armor. I know that this is intentional for the "Rule of Cool" or otherwise you wouldn't be able to tell if a dude had a robot arm or something, but from a practical standpoint it's very stupid. "The flesh is weak" so they say but a Space Marine can keep using an arm with a bullet in it. He cannot keep using a bionic arm that has a core control or pneumatics system or something damaged, but it would be easy enough to throw some power armor (or heavier than that) onto a bionic limb. I was curious what you all thought about this seeming oversight, and whether a loremaster here knows of any fluff mentioning armored bionics?

(Didn't know if this should go in here or Voxnet, if I was wrong shift away mods.)
The Lieutenant
Posted: Feb 12 2011, 03:29 PM

Scout

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 1,122

Dunno about for Marines, but for Guard bionics are much tougher than their own flesh. As such, there's no point slapping armour over it.
For marines...well, with some chapters(Iron Hands et al), it'd be a mark of pride to have visible bionics.
Others, maybe they think those arms are tough enough to survive hits.

I think basically it is purely to look cool. But hey, it works, so...
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
InvisionFree gives you all the tools to create a successful discussion community.

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0639 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring