The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6  ( Go to first unread post )

Shaw3029's Pre Heresy Imperial Fists
BigWill
Posted: Jun 5 2012, 06:55 AM

The Sigillite

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 17

Where did you get that base?My contemptor came with a blank dry.gif
I would airbrush or drybrush black/brown on the bottom 1/3 of the pod streaking up as reentry charring.
shaw3029
Posted: Jun 8 2012, 05:24 PM

Scout

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 1,013

lol, I made the base wink.gif

Unfortunately I've gone over the limit on my Photobucket account so I've started using my other account. The bandwidth should be back to normal soon and hopefully the new account will solve the problems.

Heres a few WIP shots to keep you going.

user posted image

I got the tracks on the landraider today.

user posted image

Had the collection out so took a chance to snap a shot of the Contemptor with his new ride.

user posted image

& what you've all been waiting for... Progress on the Contemptor.

Cheers!
setanta41
Posted: Jun 8 2012, 08:17 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,524

Beat to hell and back....just how I like em'!!!! Excellent weathering and I love the targeting eye on the one contemptor.
shaw3029
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 05:59 PM

Scout

Cheers Sentanta. Thats the look I was going for smile.gif

I got hold of some guns from the Forge World Tauros kit for my Terminators.

user posted image

Who suddenly got alot better with 6th edition so they may even see some tabletop action.

I've also been working on a conversion beamer techmarine. Although Im not sure that I am happy with the conversion beamer placement. I might stick it on some tracks so it can wheel around next to him.

user posted image

user posted image

My contemptor unfortunately came unstuck on the legs so I took the opportunity to capture a photo of the dread doing some Matrix moves. Why else would he get a 5+ save against shooting attacks?!?

user posted image

I took the opportunity to give him a new more detailed base and shall be darkening him up soon so he is more in line with the other contemptor.

Cheers!
Azkaellon
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 07:20 PM

The Sanguinor

Group: Champions
Member No.: 926

I took the opportunity to give him a new more detailed base and shall be darkening him up soon so he is more in line with the other contemptor.

how did you do that? you move like they do... i've never seen anyone move that fast!

Awesome biggrin.gif
the damned artificer
Posted: Jul 13 2012, 07:48 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,481

Looking awesome mate, those combi bolters was a great choice biggrin.gif and I think the tech marine could do with having a tracked carriage for the conversion beamer biggrin.gif
Lord_Mortirion
Posted: Jul 26 2012, 02:59 AM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 131

amazing work. love the breakdancing dread
shaw3029
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 09:14 PM

Scout

Cheers guys. I will certainly be changing the Techmarine once I can find a suitable track carriage.

Cheers.

I have been on a scenery making bender at the moment. Heres a whole bunch of photos with some Imperial Fists thrown in for good measure.

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

user posted image

Hope you like what you see. The airbrush made short work of the painting. biggrin.gif I want to add some crates for scatter terrain and a few other little bits. In the future when I want to add a sump for Necromunda and a shrine of the Aquilla.
Pacific
Posted: Aug 8 2012, 11:48 PM

Captain

Member No.: 260

You've done a fantastic job with the weathering of that Dread! Those terminators look the part as well, and great job with the use of the Chronus head.

Nice to see some terrain as well, and effort in that direction. I find all to often people spend hundreds of hours painting and modelling an army, then completely neglect the terrain they are placed on - definitely worth some effort I feel.
BigWill
Posted: Aug 9 2012, 02:24 AM

The Sigillite

Member No.: 17

Looking good
I second putting the beamer on tracks,first off that is a killer idea taking a page from the thunderfire
Second is does look too bulky throws off the whole symetry of the model.

I like your pie plate bunkers,I would cast them in plaster/ultracal if it was me
Then you can model bolterholes or even totally wreck one

Your doing ole Rogal proud keep it up
shaw3029
Posted: Aug 17 2012, 05:44 PM

Scout

Cheers guys,

I rarely play on great terrain but now I have my own which is just great! The conversion beamer will definitely be going on tracks when I get the parts together.

My Forgeworld and bits orders have arrived enough bits for 6 missile launchers and 6 heavy bolters. I am arming my tactical squads and a devestator squad and magnetising them both so I can swap the weapons over. I just need some more magnets.

user posted image

user posted image

This also arrived with the Forge World order

user posted image

smile.gif

Cheers!
Adenn
Posted: Aug 17 2012, 07:38 PM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 1,468

Bloody hell, that badge is awesome ohmy.gif so much want. great idea that is.

Aint commented in here before, but i love the dirtiness of your yellow, and how solid and realistic your Fists look. hard to do that with bright yellow. Not normally a fan of Fists (Perturabo 4 lyfe!) but these are purty.
Basing is cool too. I like the little assorted bits of rubble detailing scattered around.
shaw3029
Posted: Sep 12 2012, 04:18 PM

Scout

Cheers Adenn. Glad you like them especially as your a Iron Warriors fan wink.gif

Yesterday I sat down with my airbrush and my two contemptors to try and tie them both in together as the older contemptor was alot brighter and cleaner than the new one so I have dirtied them both up. I think the Mortis perhaps looks a little worse while the contemptor looks a little better. So they hopefully balance each other out. I have a few bits left to finish on the pair mostly the metals and details.

Heres a few pics for comparison and a few with some tactical marines.

user posted image

user posted image

As you can see the Tactical marines are a lot brighter than the Contemptors. Hopefully it all ties in together though as I wanted the infantry a fair amount brighter.

Cheers!
shaw3029
Posted: Sep 14 2012, 11:06 AM

Scout

Ok I sat down with the airbrush, a sponge and some weathering powders and have come from this,

user posted image

to this,

user posted image

I think thats what Im going to go for and it really fits in with the contemptors better.

user posted image

What do you guys think?

Cheers!
Wolf Lord Mjolnir
Posted: Sep 14 2012, 11:12 AM

Oak of Fenris

Member No.: 129

I really like the new IF dude - would love a run through of how you did it as I am starting to think I need to 'rough' up my Sons of Horus.
Lunasteve
Posted: Sep 14 2012, 08:08 PM

Warmaster's Equerry

Group: Champions
Member No.: 885

Wow! More stunning contemptors, fantastic job mate, made to perfection.

Steve
shaw3029
Posted: Sep 14 2012, 09:24 PM

Scout

Cheers guys.

Im working on a guide at the moment which I shall post up once its done.

My army appeared on the bell of lost souls front page today.

http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2012/09/bes...-imp-fists.html

smile.gif

Cheers!
ShroudFilm
Posted: Sep 14 2012, 10:26 PM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

That's awesome - I much prefer the new look! Really grimy.
shaw3029
Posted: Sep 17 2012, 07:42 PM

Scout

Glad you like the new paint job Shroudfilm

Just a quick update on the scenery.

user posted image

These are a realy bargain. Under 20 and already come undercoated. They are made of a hard foam so a light and durable. I really like them and I managed to get them painted up really quick.

Cheers!
RedSarge
Posted: Sep 19 2012, 07:23 AM

Raw Recruit

Member No.: 493

Are those wonderful terrain bits from MICROART STUDIO?
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic OptionsPages: (6) « First ... 2 3 [4] 5 6 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.1756 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring