The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Enjoy forums? Start your own community for free.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Codex: Salamanders
MrBojab
Posted: Jun 16 2010, 10:58 AM

Battle-Brother

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 945

Well, I have started to write my fandex and have gotten some pictures off of the net. I have decided that I will include vulkan in the army list using the tempus fugitives rules, however he will be 600 points by himself to help even his incredible stat line and ownage weaponry. Is 600 points enough or should I make him 750 points? Also if you think of adding anything to the codex don't hesitate to say it. I will post up the first draft of the fandex when I have vaguely started the unit entries and points costs.

Cheers Mr Bojab

Update- I am almost finished writing fluff and will start the unit entries

Update- I am almost finished unit entries and will soon have finished first draft, when done will post on here. I have also started my playtesting and Vulkan needs to be 750 points otherwise it is too easy for him to make his points back.

Update- I am almost done need to finish heavy support then will post

Update- Finished First Draft. How do I attach it should I just copy and past it onto here or somethin'?

Update- Worked out how! look at link http://www.mediafire.com/?mmniqmyukzv
MrBojab
Posted: Jun 23 2010, 01:57 AM

Battle-Brother

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 945

Finished first draft. Link in first post
Cheers
MrBojab
Uzthizzar, Librarian-Sorceror
Posted: Jul 9 2010, 08:32 AM

Master of Ankhet

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 637

Hey there,
Your Codex is very detailed and has obviously had a lot of work done on it.
There are some minor things however:
- Krillak Magnata: you accidently call him Cortan in his fluff blurb. Also, Vulkan wouldn't give him a weapon he made just because he didn't like it. That doesn't sound terribly heroic, may I suggest instead that you change it to something like
that he was given it for saving his Primarch's life on the battlefields of *this place*.

- Nighklanus: his special force weapon rules are a bit confusing; do you mean that he can use it twice a game unlike most other force weapons?

- Infantry Sergeants: the Promethean Squad Sergeant has WS5 and the Drake Flame Redeemer Sergeant has WS5, two wounds and artificer armour! Don't you think that is a little too powerful?

- Fire Drakes: In my humble opinion they don't really belong in the troops section. Maybe you could include a special rule saying that if you take Rapheus Kane then you can do so.

Otherwise an interesting project! wink.gif
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Create your own social network with a free forum.
Learn More · Register for Free

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0641 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring