The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Fully Featured & Customizable Free Forums
zIFBoards - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

The missing two legions
Thousand Son
Posted: May 24 2010, 05:20 PM

Scout

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 900

So there's two legions / primarchs lost to the records of the 40k time period. has anyone filled in the gaps with an actual painted army yet?
ShroudFilm
Posted: May 24 2010, 05:23 PM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

This isn't Q&A material.

But yes, many people have done so. The closest we got to anything official was the Gedren plotline last year which was approved by Graham McNeill.

Still, nothing that can be considered anything like canon.
Iron Corsair
Posted: May 24 2010, 11:21 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 438

What happened at Gedran? blink.gif
Thousand Son
Posted: May 25 2010, 09:45 PM

Scout

Yeah, please share, via link?
ShroudFilm
Posted: May 26 2010, 10:19 AM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

http://z15.invisionfree.com/The_Great_Crus...?showtopic=2757

There's a download PDF with the background in there.

==========COMPLETELY NOT CANON==========
This campaign was later revealed to be set immediately BEFORE Perturabo was found by the Iron Warriors. Only twelve primarchs were known at this point, 76 years into the Great Crusade.

Basically the 11th Legion were decimated in the landing on Gedren Prime, and the primarch's flagship was shot down in low orbit. It is suspected that he might have actually died, and one of the Fief Lords tried to have him cloned in secret as a peace offering to the Imperium.

A year or so later, when the fighting was all pretty much done, the primarch declared that he was taking control of Gedren and would be seceding from the Imperium. When the other legions tried to stop him, he scrambled their communications and set them all blindly attacking each other's troops - no one wanted to admit they had fired first on their brother Astartes, so a mini-war broke out on the surface with everyone suspecting everyone else of siding with the rebels.

The possibly-cloned primarch was taken back to Terra and never heard of again. Corax had his legion seize all the cloning technology (!) and that's basically it.
====================================

It was a fun storyline, and I think Graham enjoyed making a link with established canon material.
Iron Corsair
Posted: May 26 2010, 12:50 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Hahah that's a rather well thought of scenario!
Pacific
Posted: May 26 2010, 02:10 PM

Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 260

If anyone is interested, I did a story and battle reports on my blog. Although, I wrote the final conclusion of the story myself (Shroud's computer had died/developed AI or something?? happy.gif) so it doesn't match with this. Most of it matches however.

Gedren campaign link

There are 3 different battle reports and narrative, with a continuing link at the bottom of the first page. The final battle features the World Eaters giving the beatdown to the Space Wolves in the first marine on marine battle tongue.gif (Dave)

This post has been edited by Pacific on May 26 2010, 02:11 PM
Iron Corsair
Posted: May 26 2010, 02:38 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Cheers for the link, Pacific! I read through the narrative parts and battle reports, and I must say they were very fantastic.
Thousand Son
Posted: May 27 2010, 12:03 PM

Scout

Thanks. Amazing stuff. Mk 5 WE tutorial is really cool.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by zIFBoards* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0344 seconds · Archive
Warvault
Webring