The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.

Learn More · Sign-up for Free
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Fire Hawks, Were they around then
Lucius
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 09:07 AM

Law Bringer

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 749

This topic is in response to the New Legion of the Damned models coming out in January. I believe they were from a chapter called Fire Hawks. On reading up the Fire Hawks were wiped out in 963.M41 when they never arrived at Crows World.

What part did the Fire Hawks play in the pre heresy period and who is their Primarch?

ShroudFilm
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 09:12 AM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

There were none of the Second Founding Chapters around pre-Heresy. Chapters do not have Primarchs, but rather they share the common Primarch of their parent legion.

There were only 18 known legions active during the Heresy/PH era. These are all well documented on these boards.

So basically, they played no role in the PH era. Their parent legion (whoever that was) would have been one of the loyalist legions.
The Red Sorcerer
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 09:51 AM

Master of the Archives

Group: Lore Masters
Member No.: 72

Yup, Shroud's right - the Fire Hawks were definitely not a pre-heresy Chapter. They were founded during the 'Cursed Founding' in M36, apparently from Ultramarines Geneseed (2nd Edition Codex Ultramarines). So effectively their Primarch would have been Guilliman.

Their most notable conflicts were their involvement fighting the forces of Goge Vandire in the Age of Apostasy, and being the first Loyalist Legion to be involved in the Badab War (one of their vessels was attacked by the Mantis Warriors, one of the Chapters that joined Huron Blackheart's rebellion).
Kidjal
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 09:51 AM

Scout

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 719

...what he said.

I just typed all that out too biggrin.gif
Lucius
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 10:46 AM

Law Bringer

Cheers, didn't realise that they were second founding. One of those things I over looked. But thinking about it, of course they were second founding. Sorry chaps. I am fairly knowledgable on the 40k period but not PH.

I Sounded like a complete amatuer. huh.gif
The Red Sorcerer
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 10:53 AM

Master of the Archives

Group: Lore Masters
Member No.: 72

didn't realise that they were second founding

They aren't. They are from the 21st Founding, known as the 'Cursed Founding' due to the widespread genetic igularities and bad luck associated with the Chapters created. The 21st founding was in M36, the 2nd was in M31.
Lucius
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 02:00 PM

Law Bringer

Well, it clearly shows Iím out of my depth with regards to the Fluff. I am amazed on how complex the whole background is. Itís taken people a lot of time and effort to think of all of this stuff. It shows that Iím more into the gaming than fluff. But it's great to hear all the background. biggrin.gif
Kidjal
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 02:19 PM

Scout

almost 25 years and many many writers, canon books, miniatures, summer gaming events, boxed games and more will make for an extremley deep background smile.gif
Whitehorn
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 02:26 PM

Webseer

Group: Team Pre-Heresy
Member No.: 36

Anyway. Hot models, no?

user posted image
Kidjal
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 02:33 PM

Scout

Anythings an improvment on the old ones tongue.gif
Lucius
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 02:41 PM

Law Bringer

I'll have to agree they are very cool. I've been waiting for a while for them. I just don't know if I will be able to use them as they they are in The SM codex not the Blood Angels. After all they are apparently spectral marines. I'll probably get them anyway.
(sorry a little off topic)
Whitehorn
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 03:29 PM

Webseer

Group: Team Pre-Heresy
Member No.: 36

*cough* Death Company *cough*
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Oct 20 2009, 05:57 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

I think it wise to point out that GW left a question mark over whether the Legion Of The Damned is actually the FireHawks.

I make this point as you wouldn't normally expect a 21st founding Chapter to have Pre-Heresy and Heresy age equipment.
Like the Mk V legs on that Flamer Marine in the pic provided.

So there is some room to maneouvre. wink.gif
Lucius
Posted: Oct 22 2009, 09:45 AM

Law Bringer

QUOTE (Whitehorn @ Oct 20 2009, 03:29 PM)
*cough* Death Company *cough*

Yes I know, I have already had this discussion on another forum. The Death Company are better with rending and more of a personality.
The only thing that the legion have on the DC is the 3+inv save.
The Legion are just very resilent tactical squad. I just like the cinematic imagery of them coming out of a cloud of smoke after being hit by a very large template weapon.

DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0445 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring