The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.

Learn More · Register for Free
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Visual Codex Project, Thread for Submissions/Discussion
Mithras
Posted: Jan 30 2008, 05:13 AM

Assassin-at-Marque

Group: Champions
Member No.: 21

This is a dedicated thread for submissions of work and discussion thereof related to the Visual Codex Project.

-Mithras
Amendera
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 07:04 AM

Battle-Brother

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 5

Here are my Blood Angels for the Codex. I used Shroud's excellent photography tutorial, and also discovered the camera's software has some good options for improving lighting, etc. So C&C's appreciated, also as to the pictures themselves & whether they can be improved.

(I know these aren't flocked yet, I'm still pondering the look I want for this army!)

Blood Angel Tactical Marine:

user posted image

Captain Vineum, listed in the 30K Codex as "The Pistoleer" - a hero and expert with twin bolter pistols. (Please pardon the size of the photo if it comes up too large, but while the re-sizing on Photobucket worked just fine with the tactical marine, my resize attempts for Vineum apparently aren't reflecting in the code after multiple attempts.)

user posted image
Yvraith
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 09:37 AM

Mournival Captain

Group: Iterators
Member No.: 25

I like them, they look good. Especially the Sgt.
Is the Tactical Marine from the Armour Through The Ages set?
Fortronus
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 10:07 AM

Sergeant

Member No.: 14

Nice looking Models. I like the 30K Codex The Pistoleer char. Glad to see some one made a model for him smile.gif
Weiss
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 12:15 PM

Iron Father

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 9

Good looking minis Amendera, though the boltgun looks a bit unfinished. I like the Pistoleer especially. Getting those drapings to fit around waists can be an absolute pain sometimes...

It is the one from the Armour Through The Ages set.
Amendera
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 04:35 PM

Battle-Brother

I actually got the Tactical Marine body/head as part of an order we placed online last November for a bunch of GW's MKIV armor in its "Classics" range just before they discontinued them.
ShroudFilm
Posted: Feb 11 2008, 09:47 PM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Very nice - the two different MK4s actually look good side by side!

As for the pics, I'd just suggest cropping the dead space away. Glad my tutorial has helped people - a lot of good new pics up this week.
Mithras
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 07:48 AM

Assassin-at-Marque

Member No.: 21

Great work, Amendera. Of course, I'd already seen them in the flesh, but your photography has brought out their best qualities. Thanks again for Shroud to the excellent tutorial. Perhaps it will even help a dunderhead like yours truly...

This is the kind of stuff we're looking for for the project, gang. These are clean, crisp, and easy to see as a reference. If we can get a brief bit of intro ala the template created by Shroud, and some notes from Amendera on how she did these, we'll be in business.

In answer to the questions, the metal MkIV was ordered from the GW Catalog before they pulled/re-issued them. The pistol slinger was built by yours truly using the Red Scorpion kits from Forgeworld and a few other bits.

-M.
Amendera
Posted: Feb 12 2008, 05:47 PM

Battle-Brother

Paint scheme info, as requested:

I started with a coat of Scab Red, drybrushed with Blood Red. I painted certain details (knee pads, elbow pads, trim around the shoulder pads, etc.) with Tinbitz, and blacklined the crevices using a .005 Micron pen. The eyes are Goblin Green, with a dot of Scorpion Green. The cloth on the Pistoleer's waist is Bleached Bone with a watered-down Chestnut ink wash.

Torg
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 01:28 PM

The Talon Master

Member No.: 31

I actually found a pic of Vinaeum in the Card index of the HH collected visions
artbook,it's the last one,second row,pg 338 also there is a better pic of him
on pg 180,he looks like the guy on the old Pre-heresy website banner. smile.gif

This post has been edited by Torg on Feb 18 2008, 03:13 PM
Weiss
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 01:35 PM

Iron Father

Do you have any idea which individual artbook that would be in Torq?
Torg
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 03:12 PM

The Talon Master

It's in the Volume II, Vision's of darkness smile.gif
Weiss
Posted: Feb 18 2008, 04:29 PM

Iron Father

Cheers man, shall have to have a look.
Torg
Posted: Feb 19 2008, 08:09 AM

The Talon Master

Cool! biggrin.gif
Iacton
Posted: Apr 8 2008, 08:44 AM

Captain

Group: Team Pre-Heresy
Member No.: 107

Seems this area isn't getting enough input at the moment. Here's the Blood Angel that I recently finished, with the 2 head options.
user posted image
user posted image
Anodyr
Posted: May 27 2008, 07:41 AM

Tech Priest Assassin

Member No.: 158

Iacton - that BA is awesome - one of your best that I've seen. How did you do the red and NMM?
Iacton
Posted: May 27 2008, 11:40 AM

Captain

Member No.: 107

Thanks Anodyr,

I think I said it in the blog, but I should have written it up here really.

The red is mechrite red base, a couple of thin coats of scab red which is lovely and matte, then start adding blood red to the scab red until you get to pure blood red (about 4 or 5 layers). Then I use a bit of blazing orange mixed into the blood red for top highlights - you can use pure blazing for fine highlights to armour edges too.
Once all this was done, anything that was to light was washed down with more scab red and if necessary a bit of brown ink and/or purple ink mixed in too; and similarly anything too dark was lightened with more blood red. The end was a very "true" red that I am quite pleased with, so thanks.

The NMM is still a bit of a work in progress in terms of technique so I can only say that you should look at the articles particularly in places like CMoN and practice them on a few test pieces before you apply it to a model properly.
The colours were black undercoat which was basecoated with a really dark grey that I have in a pot pre-mixed from about 1997!! It is essentially shadow grey and black though, I think.
I then just decided where to pop a bit of shine in and laid down some thin layers of that grey mixed with more shadow grey, then shadow grey alone, then start adding codex grey through to pure again, finally do the same from pure codex through to fortress grey. That whole thing can be set out using a 12 well palette with shadow grey at the beginning and fortress at the end. The last thing was that I washed the whole thing back down with my original dark grey colour thinned right down and with a drop of flow improver too.

Hope that helps and PM me if you want any more help on that anytime cool.gif
Torg
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 09:48 AM

The Talon Master

Here is some info I found for the BA:

user posted image
Horn
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 03:11 PM

Webseer

Member No.: 36

user posted image
Gagoc TheAncient
Posted: Jul 17 2008, 06:21 PM

Acclaimed Wordsmith

Group: Remembrancers
Member No.: 13

Yup! Still being cheeky Torg! dry.gif

Gagoc's pics, BA badges
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 1.9773 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring