The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Free Forums. Reliable service with over 8 years of experience.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

orks armor
killjoy
Posted: Mar 7 2009, 08:05 PM

Battle-Brother

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 639

would the material of an orks armor differ than its predacesors in PH to well now

like would the use old sm armor melted down or some thing like could the have bein smarter then and scavanged sm armor or cut it up.

resions for me asking are that i have a nob in termy armor. well its like taped on him more or less lol blink.gif
killjoy
Posted: Mar 7 2009, 08:07 PM

Battle-Brother

why it it like 8 pm i posted this at like 12 in cali i am so lost huh.gif
ShroudFilm
Posted: Mar 7 2009, 11:27 PM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

Firstly, this is a UK-based board. We go by GMT, which is the standard measure of time for the whole world... you and your fancy "Pacific Daylight" nonsense... laugh.gif But seriously, the board is set to GMT as default.

As for Ork armour (UK-biased... wink.gif ) I would say that most pre-Heresy Orks would not look any different from their post-Heresy descendants. Their armour and weaponry is cobbled together from basic scraps, and the "science" behind it is encoded into their genetic memory - they don't really ever discover new things, they just build what it occurs to them to build from memory.

If you want to go the scavenged route, once again I stress that you should just follow the normal rules for PH Space Marines and Imperial Army weapons and armour. They'd only have access to salvage which would have been in use in the expeditionary fleets.
killjoy
Posted: Mar 8 2009, 08:20 AM

Battle-Brother

yes but are they smart enough to make there own armor not just scavange

sory for the spellin unsure.gif

and is there memory enough to know the complex art smithing you dam git

tongue.gif
ShroudFilm
Posted: Mar 8 2009, 12:36 PM

The Second Heretic

If you're asking if they have the ability to mine ore, refine it, cast it into alloy ingots or sheets and then use it to fabricate armour and weapons... no, I don't believe so.

I don't have the current Ork codex but IIRC they just use scrap and salvage to cobble together their genetic memory-technology. It's like Scrapheap Challenge on a war footing.

Yes, they can panel-beat stuff flat, and I dare say they use heat to make metal malleable. Mostly I think they just cut scrap metal into shapes and sharpen the edges. Oh yes, then they paint it. Sometimes.

If they looted Imperial equipment, why would they melt it down? It's the best armour out there!

Using the armoured side of a Rhino to create 500 Ork shoulderpads for 'da boyz' doesn't count as blacksmithery, that's still scavenging.
killjoy
Posted: Mar 8 2009, 06:51 PM

Battle-Brother

ok so the only weapons/armor orks would have is what they scavinged.

so asking another question here is an ork scavinged a landspeeder( one that is manly still together) could the utilize the land speeder into a flying truck or bike of some sort)

even if they cant matain it for long would they temperaraly have a flying truck.

not like a deffkopta like with grav lifters.

ooo and shroud

you dammm britz tongue.gif
DaemonlordAbraxes
  Posted: Mar 8 2009, 07:01 PM

Captain

Member No.: 647

Amen to that killjoy!! hahahahahahahahahahaha laugh.gif
Battle Brother Loken
Posted: Mar 8 2009, 07:50 PM

Son of Odin

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 457

i dont think it could stay afloat personaly
think about how much fuel it must use jsut to stay working
i say no but thats just me

though i did read a ork players home fluff somewere that was a story about his BIgmek building a grav propulsion sistem on himself and it took him into space
killjoy
Posted: Mar 8 2009, 08:59 PM

Battle-Brother

that makes sense

but dosent at the same time lol ohmy.gif

but whaT I AM saying is that an ork kill the riders the gose drives it on the left hand side lol tongue.gif
Whitehorn
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 10:29 AM

Webseer

Group: Team Pre-Heresy
Member No.: 36

You write like an Ork, surely you know the answers already?
killjoy
Posted: Mar 9 2009, 01:17 PM

Battle-Brother

noooo i wrie like a grot lol biggrin.gif

a lil lil grot with a big gun

dakka dakka dakka laugh.gif
ShroudFilm
Posted: Mar 10 2009, 01:48 PM

The Second Heretic

This thread is now identical to the last one you posted. I don't think you will get a different answer this time.
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic Options

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.0912 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring