The content of this forum is not officially endorsed by Games Workshop, and no challenge is made to any copyright or intellectual property.

Free Forums with no limits on posts or members.
InvisionFree - Free Forum Hosting
Welcome to The Great Crusade. We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Name:   Password:

Pages: (2) [1] 2  ( Go to first unread post )

The Interex, Is anybody doing an army of them?
Uzthizzar, Librarian-Sorceror
Posted: Mar 1 2009, 01:40 PM

Master of Ankhet

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 637

Is anybody interested in doing an Interex army as a joint effort?
Or is anybody currently doing an army of them?
Baron Kane
Posted: Apr 17 2009, 11:48 PM

Raw Recruit

Group: Imperial Citizens
Member No.: 670

Well I do have some interest but I'm not the most skilled at converting though I def try because I do think it would be an interesting thing to do and my friend would probs help cos we both like the idea of them
Uzthizzar, Librarian-Sorceror
Posted: Apr 18 2009, 12:26 PM

Master of Ankhet

Group: Loyalists
Member No.: 637

QUOTE (Baron Kane @ Apr 17 2009, 11:48 PM)
Well I do have some interest but I'm not the most skilled at converting though I def try because I do think it would be an interesting thing to do and my friend would probs help cos we both like the idea of them

(Finally my vox hails have been replied to!)

Great!
We could use Eldar with converted armour and spears from Fantasy Elves.
For Sagittars, Riders of Rohan (from the LOTR SBG) with the saddles and stuff taken off. The riders could be stuck where the heads of the horses are.
Baron Kane
Posted: Apr 27 2009, 09:04 PM

Raw Recruit

ah! The long awaited reply biggrin.gif I had the same idea for the eldar body tho i thought, and i'm slightly rusty as i only just restarted my Horus Heresy interest (started False Gods a few days ago shameful really smile.gif) that the interex used some sort of bow/crossbow weaponry too that could smash through the Luna Wolves armour?
killjoy
Posted: Apr 30 2009, 12:51 AM

Battle-Brother

Member No.: 639

i would think a high elf silver helms torso for characters or lieutenants/Sargent and high elf spear men torsos for normal troops
with eldar legs/ arms, i like the storm Guardian legs/ arms better as i see them with close combat weapons not big guns, even though you would have to get new guns, as the didn't have shurikin guns, or chain swords
Iron Corsair
Posted: May 5 2009, 01:48 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 438

I too, would be interested in joining this project, since I have found the Interex intriguingly, awesome.
ShroudFilm
Posted: May 5 2009, 06:08 PM

The Second Heretic

Group: Admin
Member No.: 1

I've got Megarachnids, if you wanted to have 'count-as Tyranid Warriors' for allies? biggrin.gif
Baron Kane
Posted: May 5 2009, 06:16 PM

Raw Recruit

biggrin.gif I saw those Megaarachnids they aaaare very nice.
Its nice to see so many replies with interest and iideas this could tuurn out well in my view cool.gif
Also if anyone has seen it, the Codex Exodites by Philip Bowles and Agis Neugebauer. Some of the conversions detailed there are veeeeery nice and may give some good ideas for what the Interex could look like biggrin.gif ninja.gif

QUOTE (DaemonlordAbraxes @ May 2 2009, 07:53 PM)
Do any of you imperial guard people think that i could use minis like this one as imp. guard?

Interex?

I hope that works
killjoy
Posted: May 6 2009, 11:55 PM

Battle-Brother

ixterex fought the Megaarachnids, so how would they use them?
and that model is perfect! but i imaged them with plate armor or layered plate for the chest. the feet and head or perfect. love the arms, not to hot on the shield though, think a another blade will be good.
these could be easily converted from eldar or dark eldar, plus some need spiffy bows biggrin.gif
Arden Fell
Posted: May 7 2009, 01:47 PM

Veteran Sergeant

Member No.: 534

Been thinking a little about this and what with everyone being smaller than astartes I was thinking that modifying the Warriors of Minas Tirith would make a good interex warrior.

Got some bowmen from the GW Lord of the Rings Magazine that came out a whilst back, so i might get modifying them and see what comes of it. They are smaller but would they be too small?

Actually looking at the LOTR free spruce again, it's the Elves that have the better look to them.

Gonna mod one tonight see how it looks. Centaur style. biggrin.gif
killjoy
Posted: May 7 2009, 10:59 PM

Battle-Brother

well the eldar size works for true scale but i thnk to big for normal, but the Warriors of Minas Tirith would be to small
Baron Kane
Posted: May 8 2009, 04:43 PM

Raw Recruit

I do prefer the idea of eldar but there is some merit to the lotr idea and ofc if thats what you want to do its upto you biggrin.gif.
Also Killjoy that model is very nice. Saw it in another thread where someone also said they thought that struck them as interex so i thought i'd try sticking it up here.
Course its an Urban Mammoth/Void mini (the two ranges meld together kinda tho) Urban has a touch of quality which brings a whoooole world of hurt on the wallet ofc but stiill veery nice mini and a good source of inspiration so I thought I'd share the wealth ninja.gif
and the megaacrachnid were exiled etc you could always say some were tamed/enslaved to fight for the interex considering they won wink.gif
killjoy
Posted: May 8 2009, 11:19 PM

Battle-Brother

ya i really like the Urban Mammoth models
i think that the junkers with eldar bitz would make a good interex
and thos snake things will make good laer models biggrin.gif
Baron Kane
Posted: May 9 2009, 09:27 AM

Raw Recruit

The koralon? that would maake sense.
The eldar/Junkers would probs work actually. I may have to order some junker sprues cheaaap tongue.gif course I need to get some spare eldar cheaap.
Any good sites like that? I found a few so far
killjoy
Posted: May 9 2009, 04:26 PM

Battle-Brother

QUOTE (Baron Kane @ May 9 2009, 09:27 AM)

Any good sites like that? I found a few so far

no man i get mine of a retailer, so cheap for me,
but a good site is e-figures.com(no its not a link) they have good service, and faster than the GW site( well for me that is laugh.gif ), I also heard that "the warstore" is good too
but dont know how reliable they are, same with other cheap stores.
Baron Kane
Posted: May 10 2009, 10:48 AM

Raw Recruit

ah thanks. damn shame that its american. I found a few good sites for me cos its all in Sterling and such, and i can get cheaper postage too ninja.gif
killjoy
Posted: May 10 2009, 07:08 PM

Battle-Brother

o sorry man sad.gif
now to add to this
weapons that they had:
well the bow thing
swords/ close combat

all i could think of but did they have guns of some sort
add to list if you can think of any thing
Baron Kane
Posted: May 12 2009, 06:16 PM

Raw Recruit

-from crown to toe in metal armour of burnished silver and emerald green with aposematic chevrons of scarlet. The armour was of almost delicate design, and sheathed their bodies tightly; it was in no way as massive or heavy-set as the Astartes' plate. The soldiers- variously gleves or sagittars, Loken learned - were almost as tall as Astartes, but with their far more slender build and more closely fitted armour, they seemed slight compared to the imperial giants. Abaddon ... Their weapons caused even more remarks. Most of the soldiers had swords sheathed across their backs. Some, the gleves, carried long-bladed metal spears with heavy ball counterweights on the base ends. The others, the sagittars, carried recurve bows wrought from some dark metal. The sagittars had sheaves of long, flightless darts laced to their right thighs... The soldier officers wore serrated half-discs across the skulls of their helmets.

i'll post some more description soon. np killjoy i've found a pretty good site for me
killjoy
Posted: May 12 2009, 10:45 PM

Battle-Brother

well thanks but i got the cc weapons and the bows but any kind of guns
Baron Kane
Posted: May 13 2009, 04:58 PM

Raw Recruit

yeaah I just thought i'd give a description of armour and what the weapons really are, bow and close combat weapon are a huuuge range of things biggrin.gif
Have found a mention of laser weaponry.<Projectiles, moving so fast they were just lines of light> but it turns out to be the "ceremonial" bows, punch straight through astartes plate.
Pretty much closest thing to a gun I've found. Anyone care to illuminate me or killjoy on the interext weaponry?
DealsFor.me - The best sales, coupons, and discounts for you

Topic OptionsPages: (2) [1] 2 

Hosted for free by InvisionFree* (Terms of Use: Updated 2/10/2010) | Powered by Invision Power Board v1.3 Final © 2003 IPS, Inc.
Page creation time: 0.9685 seconds | Archive
Warvault
Webring